It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knocked out in bar fight, man wakes up as a genius

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

An elderly familiar of mine got alzheimer's and she panicked saying she saw things as you describe.

Its really bad when you cannot interpretate your world.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I went to school with a guy who suffered a traumatic head injury. He was trying to surf 'Teen Wolf' style on top of van and fell off. He was in a coma for a while. He seemed a little thrown off after he recovered, but he was now a mathematical genius.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Anyone wants to be a genius? Ill help out.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

sometimes, gifts are born into our lives. other times they fall from the sky out of nowhere. but they are still gifts.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
The only genius ability I've experienced after being knocked unconscious in a fight is the realization that I need to stop blocking punches with my face. This thought is usually accompanied by the idea that I should stop getting drunk too.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SonOfTheLawOfOne

I agree, and it also begs the question: How did this part of the brain become dormant in the first place?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AfterInfinity
So what's that "WHY E= MC2" thing about? It looks as though he's using the flower of life to explain it.

I noticed this and tried to do some research on it before coming back with a comment...

I'm very very intrigued by this. He's suggesting that turning matter into energy is a geometric equation which is very different than the derived meaning of e=mc2.

Ever more importantly... what if he's right?? What if he has the insight of Einstein, but the ability to see a missing relationship between physics and the natural / sacred geometry of our existence? I'd love to meet him and pick his brain a bit.

His story may not be over with his new found ability, he may be able to provide a missing link to our understanding of reality, and we might be seeing chapter 1 of his work to come.

~Namaste
edit on 7-5-2014 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I do not believe this can be real.

Ya remember all those stories that claimed people were hit on the head then suddenly could speak other languages they never learned? All of them - every one turned out to be false. At least they say..

if this is real by some off chance ( which i probably still wont believe if you showed me proof) then that means some of those folks speaking new languages may have been telling the truth.

This would also seem to prove ESP was real and or religious experiences people claim to have are real.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Indeed. He may even release a book or two.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I sometimes talk about the same thing...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I don't know how seeing the world geometrically is a boon, seeing how there is no perfect line, perfect circle, or any such geometry in nature. It appears as though it is a detriment.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SonOfTheLawOfOne

Now, researchers have figured out which parts of the man's brain were rejiggered to allow for such savant skills, and the findings suggest such skills may lie dormant in all human brains.

I think this is the most important revelation in the OP.

If true, it has immediate implications on how to advance the entire human race.

Just imagine if you could "re-wire" a part of your brain to see things like he does, but without the brutal beating and side-effects he has experienced. (poor guy, I feel for him)

This might not be a revelation at all, but if they can figure out how to do this in anyone, it would be world-altering.

~Namaste

I agree 100%, and with the exponential advancement in most areas of science, technology, and medicine, I'd like too think something like this, or even better isn't too far off. Maybe next 5-10 years max.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I too see tiny shining dots but only when I think about wanting to. That's how I came across this ats site in the first place. reply to: FlyersFan
I am no savant, just seeing Pranav, I am not religious..........

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Words

Actually there are many geometric patterns in nature, from the most obvious like this

To the smallest structures like graphene or any other crystalline structure, fractals seems to be the most common geometries

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity

Reminds me of a 4 dimensional hyper cube.

a tesseract.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Me too....

Me too....

LOL

a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I love the 1996 movie Phenomenon, where simple country hick John Travolta suddenly becomes a genius. I won't say how in case some of you missed it.

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Words

I don't know how seeing the world geometrically is a boon, seeing how there is no perfect line, perfect circle, or any such geometry in nature. It appears as though it is a detriment.

Are you being serious?

On the molecular scale there is a lot of perfect geometry in crystal structures.

en.wikipedia.org...

For example, when you freeze water to ice, it creates a hexagonal lattice.

www1.lsbu.ac.uk...

...and often causes snow flakes to make formations similar to these:

edit on 7-5-2014 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
I just think this is the biggest load of crap.

I'm willing to take the hit for being wrong, but how the hell do you base confirming a person is a genius on drawings of stuff that can't be otherwise visualized by anyone else? That would mean that anyone corroborating Padgett's drawings as the work of a "mathematical genius" would be guessing and basing their opinion on what anyone would have to base their opi nion on when it comes to a piece of art: how it makes them feel.

So, yeah, padgett can slap some math or popular physics lingo to his spirograph drawings and if it "feels" right, or makes a person "feel" smart by looking at it and contemplating Padgett's appended non-sense, then it must mean he is a math genuis?

Where the hell is the "actual" mathematical rigour? Padgett gets no credit unless he shows his work.

Right?

What did I miss here?

P.S. South Park had the blunt-force-trauma-to-the-head thing down years ago...

P.S.S. Yeah, that's what I thought. Anyone go to try and find the drawings of "fractals" that are mentioned in the article?

There aren't any; Padgett is so obviously confined to the tools that he uses that I can't even take the dude seriously.

urgh.

And finally...

E = mc2

edit on 7-5-2014 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Here is more of his art, displayed on an art website, fittingly perhaps.

I believe head injuries can lead to weird stuff like this, but just drawing some neat looking circles doesn't make him a math genius. Would be nice to hear an actual mathematician comment on the pics, but I couldn't find anything.

Good point about the fractals. Come one people, demand proof before believing something like this. The media loves to inflate these stories.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join