So, here goes my first post! I could not figure out a more appropriate place for it, that is why I chose The Gray Area.
Back-story, all factual:
My business partner was having a new computer installed in his office. During the installation, he had to get under the desk for a moment to grab a
cable from the IT guy. As he did this, he noticed a small pouch held in the wall with a standard, office style push pin.
This little, hand made, "voodoo pouch" was stuck between the side of his desk and the wall, out of sight, and intentionally placed where it would
not easily be spotted. The office was renovated 10 years ago. The desk is custom, all wood, and does not move. The gap between his desk and the wall
is about one inch. The pouch was place just inside the gap.
His office is secure, and an extremely limited number of people have access to it. The office was painted about 3 years ago. The pushpin and a tiny
bit of the "voodoo pouch" had a small bit of the same color orange paint on them as the walls, likely from one of the workers paintbrush slipping
between the desk and the wall.
The "Voodoo Pouch" description:
- 1-7/8" x 1-7/8" square
- Light grey/blue fabric, could be silk
- Red stitching around border
- Side 'A' - a triangle with a horizontal line toward the top, not unlike the Alchemy symbol for air, BUT; there are two "eyes" or dots on the
bottom. Hand painted, or some type of paint marker was used to make this brown triangle, the eyes/spots are white.
- Side 'B' - A tree of sorts with 7 branches, light brown in color. Yellow spots with red petals (flowers?) are painted on and around the tree. Only
three of the yellow spots have these red petals. Not the tree of life, but could be an interpretation?
- You can tell top from bottom, because there is a loop stitched into the top for hanging.
I would appreciate any help identifying what this is, and what the symbols mean, if in fact anything.
Here are pictures that I took of this mysterious "Voodoo Pouch", next to a US 25 cent coin for reference: