It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Identify Mystery "Voodoo Pouch"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hello ATS,

So, here goes my first post! I could not figure out a more appropriate place for it, that is why I chose The Gray Area.

Back-story, all factual:

My business partner was having a new computer installed in his office. During the installation, he had to get under the desk for a moment to grab a cable from the IT guy. As he did this, he noticed a small pouch held in the wall with a standard, office style push pin.

This little, hand made, "voodoo pouch" was stuck between the side of his desk and the wall, out of sight, and intentionally placed where it would not easily be spotted. The office was renovated 10 years ago. The desk is custom, all wood, and does not move. The gap between his desk and the wall is about one inch. The pouch was place just inside the gap.

His office is secure, and an extremely limited number of people have access to it. The office was painted about 3 years ago. The pushpin and a tiny bit of the "voodoo pouch" had a small bit of the same color orange paint on them as the walls, likely from one of the workers paintbrush slipping between the desk and the wall.

The "Voodoo Pouch" description:

- 1-7/8" x 1-7/8" square
- Light grey/blue fabric, could be silk
- Red stitching around border
- Side 'A' - a triangle with a horizontal line toward the top, not unlike the Alchemy symbol for air, BUT; there are two "eyes" or dots on the bottom. Hand painted, or some type of paint marker was used to make this brown triangle, the eyes/spots are white.
- Side 'B' - A tree of sorts with 7 branches, light brown in color. Yellow spots with red petals (flowers?) are painted on and around the tree. Only three of the yellow spots have these red petals. Not the tree of life, but could be an interpretation?
- You can tell top from bottom, because there is a loop stitched into the top for hanging.

I would appreciate any help identifying what this is, and what the symbols mean, if in fact anything.

Here are pictures that I took of this mysterious "Voodoo Pouch", next to a US 25 cent coin for reference:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Arktos1

Interesting...

Was/is there anything on the inside? Or is it sewn shut?

Hopefully this thing is "good" and isn't meant to cause harm.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I'm definitely intrigued. Was there anything inside these pouches? What type of business were the offices in question dealing in?

On the other hand it could just be somebodies drug stash !

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I believe generally a "voodoo" pouch would contain various items depending on it's intented use. Various herbs,feathers,hair,stones,animal bones,etc. The symbols do not have an evil feel to them. Perhaps it was simply something a child made and was used to hold a spare key or money.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

I agree, it looks like care has been taken whilst making it.

Could be something to hold a keepsake of some description?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: andr3w68

Sewn shut. I have not opened it yet, but it feels like paper (thick or folded), and it is not very pliable.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: idontfitinandidontwantto

I agree, it looks like care has been taken whilst making it.

Could be something to hold a keepsake of some description?
Question is,if it was meant for a special item,why was it left behind ? We may never know.
edit on 5-5-2014 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: idontfitinandidontwantto

Don't yet know what is inside, but it is very thin as well, about 1/8" in thickness. Very even distribution too.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arktos1

Sewn shut. I have not opened it yet, but it feels like paper (thick or folded), and it is not very pliable.

Ah so it does have something inside!!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied

Ah so it does have something inside!!!

The plot thickens ... open it ?!

Down the rabbit hole you go !

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

This was not left behind. 2 generation business, been here 30 years in the same building.

This was intentionally placed there in my partners office no sooner than 3 years ago, and no later than 10 yrs when they renovated.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

It could be a picture then ???

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I will definitely open it, but love the mystery and intrigue as well.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Only way to know for sure,is to open it.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Open it ??

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

If it is a pic, it is padded with something. It is relatively stiff, but has an "oh so slight" bit of give to it.

For comparison, i just folded a napkin from my desk as small as possible. If you do this, then squeeze the sides, that is what this feels like, but it is far thinner.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It could even be empty. The stiff, padded out quality could simply be cardboard with padding around it to keep its shape ...

Open it ... lol

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hello ATS,

So, here goes my first post! I could not figure out a more appropriate place for it, that is why I chose The Gray Area.

Back-story, all factual:

My business partner was having a new computer installed in his office. During the installation, he had to get under the desk for a moment to grab a cable from the IT guy. As he did this, he noticed a small pouch held in the wall with a standard, office style push pin.

This little, hand made, "voodoo pouch" was stuck between the side of his desk and the wall, out of sight, and intentionally placed where it would not easily be spotted. The office was renovated 10 years ago. The desk is custom, all wood, and does not move. The gap between his desk and the wall is about one inch. The pouch was place just inside the gap.

His office is secure, and an extremely limited number of people have access to it. The office was painted about 3 years ago. The pushpin and a tiny bit of the "voodoo pouch" had a small bit of the same color orange paint on them as the walls, likely from one of the workers paintbrush slipping between the desk and the wall.

The "Voodoo Pouch" description:

- 1-7/8" x 1-7/8" square
- Light grey/blue fabric, could be silk
- Red stitching around border
- Side 'A' - a triangle with a horizontal line toward the top, not unlike the Alchemy symbol for air, BUT; there are two "eyes" or dots on the bottom. Hand painted, or some type of paint marker was used to make this brown triangle, the eyes/spots are white.
- Side 'B' - A tree of sorts with 7 branches, light brown in color. Yellow spots with red petals (flowers?) are painted on and around the tree. Only three of the yellow spots have these red petals. Not the tree of life, but could be an interpretation?
- You can tell top from bottom, because there is a loop stitched into the top for hanging.

I would appreciate any help identifying what this is, and what the symbols mean, if in fact anything.

Here are pictures that I took of this mysterious "Voodoo Pouch", next to a US 25 cent coin for reference:

[/quote

Hold on a minute .. you found that 25 cent coin inside, didn't you?

Ha Ha

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Just added a side shot, next to a standard cap from a bottle of seltzer. Measured the thickness at 1/8".

Don't want to open this just yet.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Oh its the anticipation isn't it. What would you like to find inside?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join