It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Identify Mystery "Voodoo Pouch"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Take Gideon's advice. It was not meant for you. Don't open it. Put it back where you found it and forget about it.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
It's a defiining moment and YOU are goading the OP.

edit on 5-5-2014 by Gideon70 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: idontfitinandidontwantto

Yes, care does look like it was taken when making it. Plus it has a small loop for wearing like a talisman or to attach to something.

I would think, based on the OP's description of where it was placed, and how small the gap between the desk and wall is. Only a small hand could have reached in as far as it was, to affix it with a push pin to the wall.

Very curious indeed.

Des

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gideon70
It's a defiining moment and YOU are goading the OP.

Gideon. Please stop acting like a know it all, and tell us what you think...no you claim you know it is. You are just playing guessing games like the rest of us, unless you share your opinion.

Des

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Charms, makings, spells, incantations…

they are all directed at someone and you will only break the spells power by destroying (opening) it. It won't harm you. In fact you will be doing the person its cast upon a favor by releasing them from some bit of hidden skullduggery.

Or believed to be hidden skullduggery.

All cultures are filled with superstitions. I don't really worry about black cats, standing ladders, or broken mirrors either.

Get a hold of yourself and open it…

Exactly, don't be stupid-stitious . . .

Skip underneath ladders ,

Dance with black cats ,

And, open the pouch !!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
You see me as s know it all? How ironic. a reply to: Destinyone

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Gideon70

Gideon,

Go home, there's nothing to see here ..

All is well ..

It was all just a dream ..

Ahhh *sighs*

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Cool idea for a first thread !

Looks like a gris-gris, a talisman for good luck. Or not...

Are you gonna open the thing? The suspense is killing me !!!

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: idontfitinandidontwantto

I'm going to a "fortune teller tonight and buy one of those for 50 bucks. I bet she knows whats inside.

Phoney Baloney. Maybe it came in a box of Cracker Jacks. Ooh, wait.

"They're always after me Lucky Charms."

i1.ytimg.com...

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

You see me as s know it all? How ironic. a reply to: Destinyone

Well...you are the one to right off the bat claim "I know exactly what it is". All you've done is issue one sentence foreboding warnings with no explanation of what you KNOW it is, with no explanations of why.

Yes, I do see that as know it all behavior....even when several people have asked you nicely to clarify your statements with answers.

Des

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: idontfitinandidontwantto Mock me all you like. You mean nothing to me.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   

You must give me a little more than that Gideon. Please share a bit more information on origin or type (positive/negative). Or, if you can't give more information, I would be curious as to why?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Ha ha ha

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Off topic but funny nevertheless . . .

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Phew !

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: idontfitinandidontwantto Mock me all you like. You mean nothing to me.

So whatdya reply for?

Does anyone else feel like we are being played ? Like when you see a box of cereal on the shelf and it says "You may have won a prize… details inside."

The only thing to call it voodoo is the title of this thread. The mysterious secret remains inside "for now".

I bet OP is musing in caniptions.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

So whatdya reply for?

Does anyone else feel like we are being played ? Like when you see a box of cereal on the shelf and it says "You may have won a prize… details inside."

The only thing to call it voodoo is the title of this thread. The mysterious secret remains inside "for now".

I bet OP is musing in caniptions.

You know this occourred to me some time ago but you know what, this thread makes light reading so i'm indulging myself a little

edit on 552014 by idontfitinandidontwantto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thanks for your research. Would you be able to post a link or pic to something similar? The closest that i have found in concept is Japanese Omamori, which are much larger and have a distinctive Japanese cultural design.

Definitely not dry blood! It is brown paint, similar to the paint on other side, which has some texture to it. Blood would not apply or dry the same why.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Google Wiccan love charms and love talismans. Many cultures use physical objects to focus energy on, that they think will effect the person of their desires. The are sold all over the internet.

I think there is the possibility this could be one. Who really knows...but it's interesting to discuss.

I don't think it has anything to do with evil intent, as the symbols are too positive and hopeful.

Des

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I have seen plenty of Omamori over the years and i believe this to be one. Granted this does not scream Japanese and is smaller than most it follows the form.
OP if you know the history of that building for the last 10 years and nothing of note has occurred i would simply put it back and let the original intention of the gift continue.
If not burn it with fire....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join