It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesephobe - could this be a new word for the 21st century?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I'm not attracted... is honest.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

I'm not attracted to him/her generally ends the conversation.

Until the inevitable "Well what about them arent you attracted to" is asked......

Then round and round we go again........

Been in this situation before multiple times.......

I feel like if people spent more time thinking logically then FINDING reasons to be offended, they might find they arent offended so much.......

Like I said, I use to be fat, I knew I was fat, I took no offense to someone who didnt find me attractive because .....I WAS FAT......

People like what they like, if you find it offensive, then you rely too heavily on what other people think, and its probably your own self esteem that is the problem....

Either understand people are entitled to what they like and do not like and choose not to be offended by that, or change yourself and fix your own image of self......

(of course by "you" im not referring to you Kali)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I would never volunteer my views on fat female friends for obvious reasons of social cohesion and positive, happy group feelings.
But...if asked by a mutual friend then I will explain why I am not attracted to an individual.
Is that a crime now? Does that make me a jerk? Really?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL

"when a friend is trying to hook up some friends. They sound like a real estate agent,"

In this case a ... do-er up-her ... boom boom.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I have a question after reading the OP. It's clear that someone who is fat by medical condition wouldn't be a problem, right?

Then is fat actually the problem? If it is, why would two people, at the same weight, with the same body and issues be acceptable or not acceptable by some other factor? If fat is a visceral attraction issue in one, that shouldn't be so easy to turn off by how it came to be, I'd think?

So.. Question is, could it be more about the lack of self moderation and control being fat by bad behavior represents than the specific end result?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: thedeadtruth
Haha, true!
It seems that being repulsed by fat people is something society would like to be disguised and pretended that it is not an issue...for fear of the fat people being offended...............how ridiculous is that?!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I spoke the truth once on national TV.....

I was asked how obesity can kill you. My reply....

If you get fat enough, the heart can no longer get blood to your legs and get back up again. So a septic ulcer can sometimes set in. This is when your own blood and flesh start to rot. And this is almost always combined and related to type2 diabetes.

After treating the septic ulcer a few times with AB, septicemia is likely. Which is an agonizing death. So they cut your leg off.

Now you are obese, missing one leg.

Hows that going to work out for you.

No-one liked that one either.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000

To answer your question....

Real Medical conditions that cause obesity would have throughout history led to infant death. So as a species we are not conditioned to accept it.

Modern obesity is usually caused by greed, sloth and gluttony. Which most cultures are adverse to.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Wrabbit2000
Personally, if I was in love with a girl who had some rare condition that made her fat then I would look past the rolls and support her, with my love.
If she ate too many cakes and sat on her arse then I'd be gone like a shot.
The fat would still be repulsive, but ignoreable, if it was out of her control, but if she was just a lazy cake eating lard arse then I'd waljk away.
It is a mixture of what my eye can see, and what lifestyle my eyes tell me is represented by the person I see.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   

If only it were that easy... The convo generally continues with the question "But, why not? shes pretty...."

Ive been there..

ETA: I may as well add that I didnt man up in this situation. I just said she wasnt my style...That was enough to end the convo.
edit on 3-5-2014 by Tucket because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

really? who is the real arrogant one here? the one being honest with their feelings or the one judging and declaring their moral superiority just so they can feel good about themselves or look good to others?

who do people think they are? and whats so wrong with not compromising and seeking what you desire? so what if it takes forever, so what if someone likes you or you end up alone, that's your choice and too bad if it hurts someone, you can't make everyone happy.
edit on 3-5-2014 by namehere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tucket

If only it were that easy... The convo generally continues with the question "But, why not? shes pretty...."

Ive been there..
Hahahaha! Actually did laugh out loud at your reply! It really is that simple (or painfully protracted) and edited 'kind' versions of truth in the world helps no-one - it is why I am honest from the start with people...no matter how blunt the bleading hearts may think I am.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Crashing out now folks, watching my lad play rugby in the morning so sleep is required!
If you like fat girls/boys or not, or are just indifferent, please feel free to contribute to the topic...I shall reply when I get back here.
...thanks for the thread contributions so far

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Tell me any ladies out there would call that attractive lol. Some swearing.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
The OP gives no regard or thought to the fact that many obese people cannot help it, as obesity can also be genetic or as a result of depression or some other medical conditions.

All I saw in this thread were people disgusted at the 'fat people' for eating too much.

The ignorance displayed in this thread is astonishing.

35.9% (!!) percent of US Americans over 20 are obese.
69.2% (!!!) percent of US Americans are overweight, this includes the obese ones.

www.cdc.gov...

Now..you realize that you want to make yourself and others believe that such an enormous number of people have a "medical condition". The crazy number of 36% obese people ALONE should give you a hint that we're not dealing with some medical condition, genetic defect or similar which would likely only affect a very few people.

By giving yourself to the illusion that those "poor people all have some condition which cannot be healed" you are just creating some pseudo-excuse...while at the same time (sort-of) demanding that people should see obesity as something "normal"....or at least as something "non appalling".

What DO YOU think is the reason 36% of Americans are OBESE (mind you, obese, NOT just "overweight")?

Hint: It has to do with lack of exercise AND the amount of food/calories intake. (Yes,it's THAT simple!).

Denying this...like you do...is the prime example WHY 36% of people are obese....because as a first step needs to come the realization WHAT causes it...and not making up silly or simply untrue "facts" to excuse obesity. "Big bones", health condition...whatever. 36% of Americans don't have some "health condition" causing obesity. What an absurd claim.
edit on 62014RuSaturdayAmerica/Chicago52PMSaturdaySaturday by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Not to be mean to anyone, but all the sweating and breathing is just disgusting. And they smell a lot. It is just very unpleasant and disturbing for the ones who have to be around such "land-whales". And this illness excuse, please, maybe 0,1%, everyone else is just trying to be special, in a very stupid way.
I had to work with one guy who was so fat...! Anyway, he left a stinky wet film on every thing he touched and that's just as bad as someone blowing smoke in my face, if you ask me. And also it seems like all fat people I know, are entirely busy with the effects of their stupid lifestyle and keep complaining like anyone would have forced-fed them.
But I might be a little extreme. And to be fair, I go fat on purpose, when I go through phases like "I don't want to be touched". Also I am a girl and I don't have any friends, so yeah you may hate me for this statement.
But hey: I'm not stinking and not fat!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Political correctness strikes again!

The new societal meme is not just to accept different lifestyles or peoples, but now you HAVE TO LIKE THEM ALSO!

1984 is here.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I have three scenarious to share here:

The first one was when I was desparatate to find one of those microwave egg cooking giggymabobbers and I went to the local WalMart. May God forgive me.... I thought that every customer in there was above 170 Kgs. That is some heavy bearing down on your joints. Plus, there were those riding around the electric carts buying frozen or canned crap. No fresh fruit in sight!
Second scenario, was at a seafood buffet. I only went there because I got a free dinner gift certificate. What I saw was something between Jabba the Hut and one of those episodes of the Walking Dead. I won't say more.
The third instance and revelation was when I was riding my bicycle to work on an early school day. I had to stop behind a bus in front of the school. The majority of the kids that stepped off the bus were fat or mildly obese. I dug up one of my old elementary yearbooks, and we looked anorexic compared to those children that stepped off that bus.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ninipe

"And this illness excuse, please, maybe 0,1% "

It is indeed 1 in 10,000 people have a metabolic disorder that causes obesity. But most is fluid retention. And without medical intervention will die of multi organ failure.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Well I don't, and I won't. Just as I get really pissed when they keep complaining all the time, about stuff they do to themselves. I don't hate anyone, but that is certainly a kind of people I have problems with. "Oh you have to wait for me I CAN'T do this/go faster/whatever/breathe less annoyingly. Because I deserve all the pity and attention in the world, me just me and no one else but me"

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join