It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obesephobe - could this be a new word for the 21st century?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Kryties
Behave yourself and re-read the OP, there is no general attack on fat people here, people can be as fat as they like but it remains my right to be repulsed/not aroused when looking at them.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I am literally repulsed by fat people. That is how I feel, and I don't really care if someone don't like it. I don't even like looking at fat people, let alone ever date one. I workout regularly, and don't think of junk food as a staple in my diet. What would I have in common with a fat person even if I did happen to not find them repulsive? I don't consider planting my ass on the couch watching TV or playing video games a good time.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

As it remains my right to be repulsed by arrogant, judgemental asshats.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No one like grossly overweight FAT people!!

Why should we care about those who have zero consideration for what they are doing to their bodies.

Fatties, the self indulgent disgusting gluttonous ones!!

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I am interested in hearing your case for me being described as arrogant and judgemental?
Please, do quote my specific offending remarks?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TKDRL Same.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: benrl

I use to be a fairly good sized person (FAT!!) I didnt care what I ate , i sat on my butt....

My self esteem was in the toilet, I was depressed and dint think much of myself.....

Altho I still got attention from the opposite sex, I didnt get offended when some of them didnt respond to me, I knew why, and it was my own fault......

I was fat, but I still dated women in shape, because it was MY preference......I wasnt attracted to out of shape women.......so how could I POSSIBLY be upset someone wasnt attracted to me being out of shape?

If people are offended at you because you arent attracted to them because of their own obesity, then they need to look inside themselves, because there in lies the problem.......

I decided to do something different, I decided to do something for me.......I am now 60 lbs lighter and solid, I work out 6 days a week and do cardio 5, and eat healthy...... once a week, I eat whatever the hell I want......

I decided to take charge, and cure my OWN self esteem issues, and how I thought about MYSELF.....

People are attracted to whatever they are attracted to, Ive dated drop dead gorgeous women whose personality made them so unattractive to me after a few weeks that I couldnt even look at them....So sure other things come into play, but physical attraction is different to other attraction.

The issue isnt what others think, the issue is that people want to demonize others preferences because of their own fragile egos.......

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Dbl post
edit on 5/3/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane
No one like grossly overweight FAT people!!

Why should we care about those who have zero consideration for what they are doing to their bodies.

Fatties, the self indulgent disgusting gluttonous ones!!

you know what they say about being with a fat girl: Its like riding a scooter - hella-fun, but you wouldn't want to let your friends see you doing it.

That's my conclusion on the matter. The fact is, these BBW are largely left alone not because people don't want them, but because its seen as socially unacceptable for people to want them. My opinion is that if it appeals to someone, they should go for it, and let social consequences be damned. If you've got what you want, forget everyone else. Stand up and be proud to be yourself, that's what I say. The few nights I've spent with large ladies have been amongst the happiest of my life.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties
The OP gives no regard or thought to the fact that many obese people cannot help it, as obesity can also be genetic or as a result of depression or some other medical conditions.

All I saw in this thread were people disgusted at the 'fat people' for eating too much.

The ignorance displayed in this thread is astonishing.

Actually if you READ his OP and spend less time being offended and more time keeping an open mind and trying to take in what hes saying........YES he does, on quite a few occasions......

And how is his preference for what hes attracted to a bad thing?

You clearly didnt read it, he states several times he realizes that not all obese people can help it

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You fixed it for yourself though man...respect to you.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

a reply to: grainofsand

As it remains my right to be repulsed by arrogant, judgemental asshats.

So should we just be attracted to everyone because "they're people too" and "they have feelings". Or if someone asks you what you think of someone who is fat, should you hold back and not give them a straight answer even if the first thing that pops in your head is, "eww fat"?

Ask me what I think and I'll tell you. Don't ask me, and I still might tell you. You sound like a yes man. Someone lacking individuality. Someone that can be herded up in a cage and used and taken advantage of by another person for their own selfish desires. That's my first impression of you based on how you are viewing this situation.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
I am interested in hearing your case for me being described as arrogant and judgemental?
Please, do quote my specific offending remarks?

He or she is being intellectually dishonest..........

If you put two pictures side by side , of whatever sex this person favors, one had a model body, and the other was Obese.......and said

"Each person in these pictures shares your interests, likes the things you likes, and has all the intellectual and emotional traits that you desire"

I can GUARANTEE you, which one they would pick....
edit on 5/3/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Cheers for the backup...too many people on ATS don't actually read, or perhaps understand, the thrust of a thought out OP these days.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
People should be able to see past physical appearance, after all when you're old you'll both be wrinkly and saggy anyway... personality and disposition will matter then. So keep that in mind. However, people really can't help what type of physical look they are attracted to thus why gay people can't force themselves to be attracted to the opposite sex... also fat people have preferences too and no one would ask them to try to be with someone they aren't attracted to.

There really is a nicer way to say it though, "I'm repulsed by fat people" is totally unnecessary when you can just simply say.. "I'm not attracted to him/her".

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

Ask me what I think and I'll tell you. Don't ask me, and I still might tell you. You sound like a yes man. Someone lacking individuality. Someone that can be herded up in a cage and used and taken advantage of by another person for their own selfish desires. That's my first impression of you based on how you are viewing this situation.

Wow, you couldn't be more wrong about me if you tried! But thanks for confirming my thoughts about you being judgemental, I hope you don't get everyone as wrong as you just did me.

Or maybe that's the problem?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

You fixed it for yourself though man...respect to you.

absolutely, and I feel better about myself for it....

I think theres a lot of intellectual dishonesty out there regarding this issue...

Now , im not shallow at all, I just know what im attracted to, plain and simple, and even I cant help that, its just the way I am.

Ive dated all kinds of women, from larger to model figure. I have a preference and theres nothing wrong with that.

I will say of course that being over weight, has absolutely no bearing on intellect and who they are as a person.

I say whatever makes you happy is fine with me, if you dont mind being over weight thats great, Ill still hang out with you, ill go do things with you, Ill be your best friend in the world.....but I dont have to be attracted to you.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
What is wrong with 'repulsed' ??
It is honest. Do you lie to people then? Is that the way of the future now?
I would prefer my friends to be blunt, and honest.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
This is not a new issue..... Greed, Sloth and Gluttony are not new deadly sins. And obesity reflects all 3. The difference is...

In the past a spade was called a spade. Now there are legions of "academics" out there being "obesity apologists" who's sole job does not seem to be to actually help. But to excuse it and make others feel bad for not just accepting Greed, Sloth and Gluttony as normal.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

The OP gives no regard or thought to the fact that many obese people cannot help it, as obesity can also be genetic or as a result of depression or some other medical conditions.

All I saw in this thread were people disgusted at the 'fat people' for eating too much.

The ignorance displayed in this thread is astonishing.

I think its ignorant to slap a qualifier on fat people that says it must be_____

When a Smoker, can say the same.

So Too can the Alcoholic,

Or the Drug Addict.

The Genetic medical excuse, is just that an excuse.

If its medical, adjust accordingly.

Guess what, you don't get to eat as much as a normal person with a healthy system.

Heart Disease, Diabetes, Stroke, High Blood Pressure etc, are going to be real forgiving once its explained an over all medical condition was the cause...

You live in the realities of the world, not the one you would like to.

It may be all well and good that additional factors are at play, but once they are the end result is the same no matter what.

So People have a choice, Either their life is worth living and adjusting their lifestyle accordingly, OR its not.

At that point, a Fat person with Genetic causes, Dies the Same as one with out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join