It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Has ATS been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Eastern and western.
Why poll to find out if most ATS members know?
Do they want to know how many are onto the mind control antics?
Best thing is to filter everything you read through a reasoning mind (and your heart).

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Heck, I'll shill a position just for the entertainment value. Usually, it's for the challenge of seeing how well I can do with any particular viewpoint.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Just to make sure, a shill can be identified by those whom disagree in any way with my particular points of view on a subject, right?

Absolutely, 49% of ATS thinks so too, although I suspect it's a case of "actions speak louder than words" in that they scream "shill" when folks like you and I disagree with them but would never admit to such behaviour on a thread like this.........oh damn , I've turned into a shill.......where's my paycheck !

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is the biggest waste of time I've ever seen.
What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
i find it extremely disgusting all the posters who have said for a few measly dollars they would be willing to tow the company line and become shills to push whatever agenda their masters will see fit.

where are the morals? pride in doing whats right?

just absolutely f@@#$#ing disgusting.

some very cheap worthless people in this world. maybe it deserves to burn at this point.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: letscit
i find it extremely disgusting all the posters who have said for a few measly dollars they would be willing to tow the company line and become shills to push whatever agenda their masters will see fit.

where are the morals? pride in doing whats right?

just absolutely f@@#$#ing disgusting.

some very cheap worthless people in this world. maybe it deserves to burn at this point.

Or maybe people just don't take ATS as seriously as some of the other members.
There are other "conspiracy" sites out there.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Just to make sure, a shill can be identified by those whom disagree in any way with my particular points of view on a subject, right?

Absolutely, 49% of ATS thinks so too, although I suspect it's a case of "actions speak louder than words" in that they scream "shill" when folks like you and I disagree with them but would never admit to such behaviour on a thread like this.........oh damn , I've turned into a shill.......where's my paycheck !

Yeah, I am having trouble with mine also. Are they meant to take out soo much taxes? Shills are meant to be tax free I thought?
I need a different job! shilling just aint what it used to be.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
How many shills are paid in shillings for shilling from the former Schilling AFB while listening to Peter Schilling?

Again, please pardon the interruption and return to your regularly scheduled exercise in paranoia.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Just an FYI,

Make of it what you will.

U.S. State Department responsible for 10,000 online postings globally
to counter online violent extremism from Al-Qaeda and others.

The State Department unveiled Wednesday that it is widely employing social media as a method to counter online violent extremism from Al-Qaeda and others.

Buried in an intelligence report published Wednesday, the government said that the Center for Strategic Counterterrorism Communications (CSCC), established in 2011, last year produced more than 10,000 online postings globally, some of which included one of 138 government-produced videos
arstechnica.com...

The following links and excerpts taken directly from U.S. State Department and its Report.

CSCC, based at the Department of State, collaborates with U.S. embassies and consulates, interagency partners, and outside experts to counter terrorist narratives and misinformation, and directly supports U.S. government communicators at our U.S. embassies overseas. CSCC’s programs draw on a full range of intelligence information and analysis for context and feedback.....
In 2013, CSCC produced over 10,000 postings and 138 videos. www.state.gov...

U. S. State Department Global Social Media Presence
www.state.gov...

The U.S. Department of State's social media presence extends around the world – including U.S. embassies, consulates, and other missions. The list below represents official social media accounts associated with the Department.

Facebook, Flickr, Twitter YouTube, Blogs
Pinterest, Instagram, Google+

edit on 2-5-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I don't know how many shills there are, I just know some of the people screaming shill are shills.

I find it strange that the other shill thread specifically called out western anti-russian shills. Shouldn't we just be against shills, period? By pointing out the anti-russian angle of it I wander if this person isn't seeking to discredit anything that might make Russia look bad.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rangerdanger
Or maybe people just don't take ATS as seriously as some of the other members.

Well maybe people should start taking everything in their lives seriously, a way of speaking.

I believe that optimally, people undertaking and collaborating in whatever task that will influence others positively, or negatively, should always be considered seriously.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
50% of ATS is paranoid

Well I never

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I know I just contributed to the shillery, and what I'm about to say is going to make me look like a shill to some, but I hope ATS can develop a culture that accepts their presence.

As I said in the last thread, shills are only effective against people who don't think for themselves, and don't do their own research. Whose cares if they challenge how you think, everyone you encounter here will do that at one point or another. If they tell lies, you should be vigilant enough to spot them. Truth is pretty strong, it doesn't go away easily.

The internet is full of trolls, shills, and many other assholes, and that will never change.

The most important reason we should learn to live with it, is because groups like cointelpro have always infiltrated and spread distrust in any circle they target. If this site earns the reputation of being shill heaven, it becomes easier to discredit.

Plus the accusations only derail conversations.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm actually happy to see people are cautious, borderline paranoid.

No no, but it's quite some human experiment we got here...

-We got a poll where about 85% of people that voted that, in most ways, believe we have shills around.
-We have a majority of posters, denying, justifying, watering down and sometimes turning to ridicule just the idea of shills itself.
-Many are trying to explain that other versions of what people consider shilling is false or distorted while most of us clearly know what f%^$@ a shill is, thank you for your infinite wisdom.

I mean, what's going on here? Is ATS having battered person syndromes?

We need more people telling their true opinions.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Alright chief. You can vote more than once in this poll. Im sure it applies to more. Once one a deskop browser and the other on a mobile device.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Maybe ... but at the moment there is a heavy infestation
of Russian shills

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This reminds me of that one poster awhile back who created that confessions of a paid shill (I believe it was called) thread.

Shillzazzle!

~$heopleNation
edit on 2-5-2014 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AlphaHawk
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Do you really think the PTB want you learning about so many truths that are hidden/secret, such as Roswell, 911, Kennedy, chemtrails etc etc?

Lucky we have guys like you sharing the truth huh?

Two of your chemtrail threads have been so truthful, ATS had to throw them into the hoax forum!

Seriously, some people need to have a long look at themselves..

Is that an attempt to emotionally engage me or diminish my ego?

As for TWO of my chemtrail threads, one was put in the hoax been ONLY because of the circumstances which it was obtained, ie recording the pilot when he did not want to be recorded, and that does not change what he said about chemtrails, which was that they were a necessary evil.

The second chemtrail thread which was recently put into the hoax bin had me asking a question of a real video, sure I was possibly wrong and I'm still looking into the physics of the situation, but again I did not put it forth as fact, and nothing in the video was faked or tampered with, so I do not know how it was considered a hoax.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I've been accused of being a paid shill in almost every thread I post in...yet I'm just a every day average normal guy. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I make gold records.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

that was probably a definite need to self edit... so I did...

lol

have a nice day..!
edit on 2-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join