It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Has ATS been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:09 AM
link   
A thread from Davian, "ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills", sparked a lot of attention, flags, and replies over the last few days. The core premise being that, among other online sources of political discussion, ATS was pre-populated with "shills" prior to the Russian invasion of Crimea.

Read the thread: ATS has been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills...?. Form your own opinion. And lets know in this short, quick, painless poll.

We're also testing a new polling solution that is easy to integration, and which also has a privacy policy compatible with that of ATS.
edit on 2-5-2014 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

edit on 2-5-2014 by DenyFlatulence because: Was accused of being a shill. j/k

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:26 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Paid shills----NO

But every now and then, depending on the topic at hand, when someone doesn't care for the direction of the discussion, one can sense when there is a shill trying to derail the thread

Most of the time however, they [shill] don't get to far being as the other posters are quick to catch on & steer the conversation back on course
Kinda like teamwork!!

Overall, ATS is one of the best monitored sites I've been on
Guess that's one of the reason's I'm a regular now.....
As well as the friends I've made here.

Not to mention the many various topics to choose from

edit on 2-5-2014 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Polls, woohoo!

Please tell me we are gonna use this going forward! We get to vote on stuff and our ad partners get some great demographic information. It's a win/win!

+35 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Just to make sure, a shill can be identified by those whom disagree in any way with my particular points of view on a subject, right?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:44 AM
link   
How many votes so far?

2nd

ETA: umm it let me vote twice... I dont know if the 2nd vote counted but that could skew the results if it does.
edit on 2-5-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

ETA2: It doenst count multiple votes...
edit on 2-5-2014 by RifRAAF because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX
Just to make sure, a shill can be identified by those whom disagree in any way with my particular points of view on a subject, right?

This gets my vote for best reply!

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

I don't even bother looking at ATS during the daytime hours anymore - when I come home from work @ 0030 - there's much more intelligent and interesting threads than the stuff the "shills" spend all day posting....

Guess it's a 9-6 kind of job.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
I can't establish what a western establishment is so I can't really move forward with this poll. When I Google "western establishment", the first thing that comes up is this thread, followed immediately by another at infowars.

I took a screenshot; the web is seldom so poignantly* funny.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Bybyots because: *Specifically what I was moved by was the irony. Thanks for asking.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I do believe that there may be 'shills' participating in the discussions regarding Ukraine. I particularly notice that the behaviour is not exclusive to one side or the other, as it is happening on both sides of the fence. Not only do we get overly nationalistic Americans posting in those threads, but we also get Kremlin supporters. In the middle of the storm is us, the average members who tend to take things objectively, rather than supporting one official story or the other.

While we can't confirm that some of these members are shills, we can definitely say that such discourse involving polarising topics has never been so extreme...

That is my opinion anyway.

Daas.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:36 AM
link   
With proof?
I can only speak for myself. I'm just a random drunken bastard. Not paid. Just sick of being played.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Seen them .. easy to spot .. always the same old propaganda spewing the standard party line like good little minions .. at least here on ats most are intelligent enough not to believe the lies and propaganda ..

+15 more 
posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Above Top Secret.com is from always infiltrated by fake members belonging to various Intelligence Agencies of each part.

I do not see what is the scandal. We need to be aware of this.

Of course, be aware that ATS is not a garden where plants grow just spontaneous is important.

Having this knowledge helps us to understand the bizarre world in which we live in and understand how important it is to have our own free opinion.

edit on 2-5-2014 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   
For a site that probably attracts the more paranoid user of the Internet. I'm not really surprised with the poll results so far.
For the long term user of ATS, being branded a shill is a badge of honour.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Well, it's a fine line between shills and trolls..

But yeah, it would surprise me, if no one was out to affect the opinion on at least some topics discussed here on ATS.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
No (with an explanation).

Is the government involved in online propaganda? It would seem so: How Covert Agents Infiltrate the Internet to Manipulate, Deceive, and Destroy Reputations.

Are they trolling ATS? I'm gonna have to go with yes.

Did they arrive just prior to the situation in Ukraine? Not that I noticed. They were here prior to.

As tothetenthpower explained, many of these establishment types are probably just that, people who generally dont question the "official story".

But I did notice a bunch of new accounts by users who seem to have one purpose: promote Obama and the Democrats, which makes sense, its an election year.

But what I found interesting was the fact that they felt that it was important to try and influence the ATS community.

Government trolls, campaign workers, establishment lackeys... who knew that ATS was such a powerhouse!

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
We're also testing a new polling solution...

Oh hell yes.

edit on 2-5-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I'd have preferred an option between the top 2.

Something like:

*A virtual certainty that there's a significant percentage of global oligarchy shills.

However, I believe the problem is serious enough that I felt reasonably comfortable with one of the top 2 options.

I do NOT think that there's much that can be done about it.

The patients [evil doers] are in charge of the asylum [the government and all the major institutions].

imho, They aren't going away until God removes them--at the literal Armageddon.

Witness their arrogant personal quotes and pontifications:

twoday.net...

www.crossroad.to...

www.fromthetrenchesworldreport.com...

!!!!!! CONTROL !!!!!!

Is
--in their blood;
--their coffee;
--their passions;
--their mentalities;
--their goals;
--their strategies;
--their rituals;
--their fantasies;
--their tyrannical ruthlessness;
--their arrogance;
--their associations;
--their psychological and spiritual DNA.

Most of them do not want 'cured' and would fight any cure attempted.

They are a virulent cancer on the body politic, the culture, the society and the planet. Yet they see themselves as the 'saviors' of humanity and the planet.

Jacques Cousteau's and Robert McNamara's attitudes are typical [from the first link above]:

132."Military men are dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns for foreign policy." Henry Kissinger, quoted by Bob Woodward in The Final Days, 1976

133."The illegal we do immediately. The unconstitutional takes a little longer." Henry Kissinger

28. Jacques Costeau: “In order to stabilize world population, we must eliminate 350,000 people per day. It is a horrible thing to say, but it is just as bad not to say it.”

29. Finnish environmentalist Pentti Linkola: “If there were a button I could press, I would sacrifice myself without hesitating if it meant millions of people would die”

30. Prince Phillip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II and co-founder of the World Wildlife Fund: “In the event that I am reincarnated, I would like to return as a deadly virus, in order to contribute something to solve overpopulation.”

26. Teddy Roosevelt "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, it was planned that way".

27. Abraham Lincoln: "America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves."

28. Joseph Stalin America is like a healthy body and its resistance is threefold: its patriotism, its morality and its spiritual life. If we can undermine these three areas, America will collapse from within".

29. Foster Dulles Sec State: ...power to be taken from the people, the states and from congress by international treaties. 1952

30. Jacques-Yves Cousteau: It's terrible to have to say this. World population must be stabilized and to do that we must eliminate 350,000 people per day"

31. Robert McNamara Viet Nam era Sec Def: "The commitment of government to deal with the population issue is of course essential...There are many ways to make the death rate Increase."

Such control freak arrogance does not go away of its own.

"Lord of the Flies" does not go away of its own.

The oligarchy's shill agents hereon are but one of a great many control mechanisms that they are intensifying and spreading like bacteria or a virus at an increasing speed.

Time will tell how long they will tolerate the net in any semblance of authentic free expression of ideas and communications.

Thankfully, improved modding the last several years has DECREASED the destructive dogpiling evidently led by such shills. However, it does not seem to have been removed, by any means.

For the shills--and certainly for their bosses, this is not only far beyond a recreational genocidal targeting of relatively free thinking individuals opposed to their politics. It is far beyond merely a job. It is a passionate ridding the world of any serfs and slaves who would dare to be a troublesome cog in their vast machine.

Even if their job were the mere identification and harrassment, intimidation and 'shouting down' of those who dare voice an alternative view of reality--they still take it as serious business en-route to their "utopia."

The Eloi MUST be shuffled down into the caverns of deception for the Morlach's main course.

THANKS for this thread, S.O. I think it will go down in history as an interesting and telling benchmark on the road to hell that the planet and populace are being shoved down.

edit on 2/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: adjustment

edit on 2/5/2014 by BO XIAN because: tag fix

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Western establishment-paid shills? No.

Conspiracy establishment shills? Yes.

There was almost certainly one spreading NaturalNews propaganda until she got banned...

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Would it make a difference to a wannabe schill if he were
really just a troll?

No

But there would be a big difference if a troll was actually
a paid schill.

I don't believe the establishment, gives a damn what we say
or think enough to actually employ, someone to rail for their
interests. We're pretty much self neutralized IMO.

edit on Ram50214v59201400000007 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Voted " What's a "shill"?"
Many people just trust the government by "education" and MSM ,they don't need to receive money directly to publicize what they believe.

But I believe there's paid shills ...
edit on 2-5-2014 by candlestick because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join