It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Has ATS been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Yes, there are shills, quite a few, most can be easily identified.

They are on both sides, the Russian ones seem better at it than their western counterparts.

Same thing occurs in other threads such as the Fukashima threads.

There are a few others that have been here a long time. They are experts at what they do and are much harder to spot unless you start a thread on one of their core subjects and then they come in fast and in numbers to derail the thread.

They are part of being here.

To suggest that Governments and big business do not have paid shills in ATS is just burying your head in the sand. MSM gets stories from this site as do others. ATS more often than not leads the world in responding quickly to issues. Of course we are heavily monitored.

Personally, they are an asset. It is very good to know what issues they are paid to come in and derail, very informative indeed. Many long term members know who they are and keep lists.

P

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Of course there are "shills" here, but they are on every website that exists, from here to Amazon to Youtube and back again. The problem, of course, is that these "shills" are probably not the ones that members are calling out because the actual shills do it as part of a job. They're professionals at it and are probably hard to detect, which makes sense even more because everything I've ever seen about psy-op says that it's a very gradual, graded, and not the overt that so many people I see getting called shills are.

Bottom line, to me, is that, yes, there are definitely shills here, as there are everywhere, but they're not the folks that are blunt hammers, not the people that you would point out of a line up.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Someone with convictions different to yours = paid shill?

You people just cant take no for an answer

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Skeptic I love you avatar because of 1995 movie Hackers

NOW, I do understand the need to run a smooth site, and I do know that deep down you wish you didn't have to deal with shills.

But, the new age is here, we can't go back, companies employ shills and so does the government.

So what do we do about it.

NOTHING, you should in fact do nothing, because the shills are bringing the best out of legitimate posters,

don't fall into trap of trying to control the internet, that is a trap.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arken
Above Top Secret.com is from always infiltrated by fake members belonging to various Intelligence Agencies of each part.

Exactly Arken. And that's the way I like ATS. You know what....., without all those possible "undercover members/secret agents" ATS would be so boring that we wouldn't be here.

So fun to mess with their minds......haha !

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Sheesh, me thinks the shills are voting themselves in to muddy the waters of ATS.

This is a conspiracy within itself... O.o

edit on 2-5-2014 by Perhaps because: add humour

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Here is a great article on how to spot posters who are possibly one of the legions online paid to post, there was a thread on it as well (with the same title as the article):

How to identify paid posters

Paid posters usually try to emotionally engage you or engage your ego, attempt to discredit the source or the poster and ignore the argument, distract and derail the thread, or post on non-conspiracy type threads to "forum slide" the targeted thread off the recent thread page.

edit on 2-5-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: grammar, syntax and context

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Perhaps

Ya, shills voting to out themselves, that makes sense. Or possibly people here have just read the stats and stories or have had one too many encounters with posters who use classic shill techniques, look at my link above and you'll see Above Top Secret is even mentioned in the 2nd technique.

edit on 2-5-2014 by PlanetXisHERE because: spelling

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Do you really think the PTB want you learning about so many truths that are hidden/secret, such as Roswell, 911, Kennedy, chemtrails etc etc?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I thought the Snowden file cleared that up .Once you study it ,it makes it easier to spot them .They are the ones that will not deny ignorance no matter how many times you hit them in the head with the truth .
edit on 2-5-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: SkepticOverlord
We're also testing a new polling solution that is easy to integration, and which also has a privacy policy compatible with that of ATS.

The poll format looks good but I think a lot of people would like to see the total number of votes if that would be possible to add as it's a usual thing to see on a poll?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

According to your link, anyone saying there are shills are indeed shills

7. Question motives. Twist or amplify any fact which could be taken to imply that the opponent operates out of a hidden personal agenda or other bias. This avoids discussing issues and forces the accuser on the defensive.

Why is so hard to believe there are people that simply does not agree on others point of views?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Shills?Yes.Paid,no.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This thread reminded me of a comment made by Prince William - he jokingly referred to the fact that some people think he is a reptilian - so unless the Prince is an avid blog reader then someone told him this. It also follows as to why we have been seeing so much propaganda of the sweet little toyal couple and how popular they are abroad. If someone is keeping an eye for the Royals, then they are intelligence and obviously watching blogs to get a feel as to what the public actually think because uness they openly ask, they can only access real information on this from the blogs.

They are certainly not looking for terrorists as such, just whether there is a growing sympathy etc its more about public mood I suspect. If I am right it will hot up as we have elections coming up.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PlanetXisHERE

Do you really think the PTB want you learning about so many truths that are hidden/secret, such as Roswell, 911, Kennedy, chemtrails etc etc?

Lucky we have guys like you sharing the truth huh?

Two of your chemtrail threads have been so truthful, ATS had to throw them into the hoax forum!

Seriously, some people need to have a long look at themselves..

edit on 2-5-2014 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:55 AM
link   
The Paranoia is strong with this poll..

No paid shills on ATS. My opinion.

ETA: Come to think of it, this opinion will probably get my name put down on some member's list of possible paid shills LOL
edit on 5 2 2014 by SonoftheSun because: haha

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Gentleman welcome to Paranoia central lol.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:59 AM
link   
How would we even know who's a shill? I think there are WAY too many variables to try to out them.

You can't use their sign up date to the website against them. Even so, I would think a government paid shill would be intelligent enough to post for a while neutrally before really starting the disinformation.

I think it would take a team of investigators on this website alone to even attempt outing them. Things like their post history would be taken into account, along with what topics they mainly stick to.

Even then, where are those resources coming from?

I think ToTheTenth said it best. We just have to stay vigilant. A shills opinion is usually not popular opinion, especially here. They're better off at Yahoo and Youtube. The members here are too intelligent.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

I was called a shill yesterday. I think people must think the definition of shill is someone who does not agree with you to be honest.

edit on 2-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

HA the same happened to me yesterday, most be a shill using reverse psychologie

edit on ndAmerica/Chicago502000000k2014 by MessageforAll because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join