It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Poll: Has ATS been infiltrated and infested with western establishment-paid shills?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SkepticOverlord

Humm, what I have to wonder is why ask only about the "western propaganda shills", which I am sure there are, but there are also many "eastern propaganda shills" rooting for Russia, when Putin and his government are as bad, if not worse than anything the U.S. and the "western propaganda shills" have done.

Not to mention that this is an overgeneralization which seems to bunch together anyone and everyone who doesn't agree with what Russia and Putin are doing...

What about the people that don't like what President Obama and his administration shills are doing and at the same time don't like what Putin and his shills are doing?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

You are right. It's exactly what it is. If you put a little bit of conviction behind a different opinion, back it up with data and facts, you're paid by the government to do so.

Wouldn't it be fun to be paid to be on ATS?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I love these things. I'm glad they are back. I hope to see a bunch more later.

There is a difference between PAID shills and shills.
There are tons of shills .... but the PAID ones? I think they are few and far between.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: SonoftheSun

That would be an awesome job. But the fact is, my opinions are so all over the place that no one would hire me!

I did that little test on party affiliation, I came up something like 80 percent republican, 72 percent libertarian, and 56 percent democrat.

I'm every parties worst nightmare! I decide issues based on... omg the issues!

hahaha
edit on 2-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think saying a shill is paid is redundant

"Shill" typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. "Plant" and "stooge" more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent).

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Its become far too easy and common place to label everything as a government ran conspiracy or false flag and to subsequently demonise anyone who disagrees or questions a conspiracy theory as a 'shill'.

Not everything is a conspiracy and not everything is a 'false flag' - some things are simply what they appear to be.

And one of the cornerstones of ATS is the attention and scrutiny its members put any theory under.
Anyone posting a supposed 'conspiracy theory' should expect rigorous scrutiny - if it can withstand the attention to detail ATS members will put it under then there's a fairly good chance it will also stand up to the level of questioning it will receive from those in the 'real world'.

It seems to me that over the last few years its become increasingly common that anyone who even attempts to defend 'the official story' or accepted viewpoint on things or even question certain aspects of a theory etc is immediately labelled a 'shill' or 'sheeple' or something equally inane.

Are there 'government shills' - I don't know, maybe, perhaps even probably.
But I doubt they are here in large numbers and if I'm being honest I'd say there's less and less need for them because we do ourselves more damage than any organised 'shill' programme ever could.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Could we have a poll: ATS has been infiltrated by operatives of the Russian government/ Russia United Party?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlanetXisHERE
a reply to: Perhaps

Ya, shills voting to out themselves, that makes sense. Or possibly people here have just read the stats and stories or have had one too many encounters with posters who use classic shill techniques, look at my link above and you'll see Above Top Secret is even mentioned in the 2nd technique.

Dude, Chill out.

Perhaps...

Sheesh, me thinks the shills are voting themselves in to muddy the waters of ATS.

This is a conspiracy within itself... O.o

It's an intentional double bind... give it some thought.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Shills on ATS?

Yes, probably.

As many as some here believe?
Most likely not.

Personally, I've been called a shill, Islamaphobic, Anti-Semitic, Right winger, Left winger, No Winger and recently - Putin lover/hater and Pro/anti Obama

On some threads, simply posting a strong opinion that's swimming against the prevailing interweb popular opinion get's one branded as being, this, that or the other.

I'm sure those who have been around for a few 24s understand

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Make your own minds up www.abovetopsecret.com...
"Apologies.

I'm just an NSA employee busy downloading everyone's information and saw a thread that sparked my interest.

Sorry.

I'll just go back to invading privacy.

Again, sorry. Just a side note, however, when I activated your camera on your laptop, I noticed a fern that needed watering. And really, you need to shave." From the above thread
edit on 2-5-2014 by symptomoftheuniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
To be honest, I am more interested in personal experiences, scientific evaluations and 'self proclaimed' (positive) researchers. So the political news feeds I tend to skip over. Anyone watch RT?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Well it's only natural people are starting to feel the way they do. People are frustrated, can't think clearly anymore. Shill is an easy answer.

People should all need to realize there is no absolute wrong or right. Sometimes you just happen to pick an opinion that's widely agreed on.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I think we have a mixture of paid shills and delusional patriots here. Now if we had a list of contacts then the delusional patriots could get paid for their work.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MessageforAll

I think the question of the day should be "Why aren't people thinking clearly anymore?"

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

Could we have a poll: ATS has been infiltrated by operatives of the Russian government/ Russia United Party?

Again i would put this down to people not agreeing with your perspective on the situation. You've absolutely zero evidence Russia is paying shills on ATS. If you have let's see it.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

originally posted by: DJW001

Again i would put this down to people not agreeing with your perspective on the situation. You've absolutely zero evidence Russia is paying shills on ATS. If you have let's see it.

Five members joined ATS in March. Each of them posts pro-Russian and anti-NATO propaganda. Each such post always receives four stars. Am I just being paranoid? In any event, such a poll would be just as informative as this one.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Paid shills? No.

Members with different opinions? Absolutely.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Five members joined ATS in March. Each of them posts pro-Russian and anti-NATO propaganda. Each such post always receives four stars.

And a couple of pro-western, anti-russian members signed up, replete with nice avatars and flawless posting/embedding skills from the very first post. Your point is....?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Voted some but not many.

Extremists from the left or the right don't need to be paid,they will post regardless of financial rewards

ATS is English speaking and has many American members ,so their views either right or wrong will be echoed in here more so than other nations to the east of us

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join