It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I hate cops.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Not just cops, the whole police department.

Sorry, this IS a personal story thread.

I haven't posted or commented on ATS very much at all the past few months, but I think this little event is thread-worthy.

So, my fiance's sister brought a questionable individual into our lives recently. This guy talks a lot--and he has all the symptoms of a compulsive liar. BUT! I don't know him. I have no idea if his claims are true.

If they are true, then he is a methhead, wanted in other states for grand theft auto, and he used to steal guns from people via working houses (that means breaking and entering). Uncomfortable having these people in the house, my fiance kicked them out.

We recently heard from a friend that he ran into said methhead at walmart, and he was threatening to break into our home and steal something. Something he gave to us as a present a while back, a surround sound system.

He also proceeded to threaten our lives, and inform my friend that he was planning on breaking into our house armed.

Naturally, I called the police.

They did nothing.

I mean, GOD. The guy threatens our lives, and they can't do anything?

I know what you're all thinking now. I should get an order of protection.

I'm working on that.

But the problem here is that we live in a society that trains us from day one in kindergarden not to fight back when confronted by criminals. If someone breaks in, call the cops. Don't fight them. If someone bullies you in school and you defend yourself, you get in JUST AS MUCH TROUBLE as your attacker (speaking from multiple experiences). If your store is robbed, you are expected--and ORDERED by company policies--not to fight them. I agree that, in some cases, its better not to fight them.

But in a country so heavily brainwashed that authority has all the answers? That police are the only people allowed to pull the trigger freely? Don't you think a place like that at least ought to try back up their little fairy tales of police saving the day?

Their basic policy is this;

They can't do anything until after someone is assaulted or killed.

They don't care enough to.

I've experienced this all before. Someone broke into our home when I was a kid, stole some stuff, broke a bunch of other stuff. They never found the guy. The incident was never heard about again.

I had a cop lift up his flashlight, making the physical motion as though he was about to bash me upside the head with it when I was twelve, because I wouldn't "get back in my father's van" when he told me to. My father and other family members left us in their van so they could venture up the street and pick a fight with someone. Why the cops decided to pay mind to a van full of children before they tended to the situation they were called to deal with, I have no idea. We were easier targets, I guess.

I'm followed by cops constantly. Not because I ever break the law. Because I wear black clothes and a spiked collar, that's the only reason why. They pull up next to me, ask me who I am, where I'm going, if I've graduated high school, what I'm doing with my life, etc etc. They also like to ask me whats in my backpack (I take my backpack with me when I visit other people's houses).

I've even had wannabe cops--security guards--in stores try to take my collar away from me, under the claim that "its a dangerous lethal weapon." Christ, I can't believe they don't hate themselves when they hear themselves talk.

I'm always reading up on the newest stories about police brutality, though I rarely comment anymore.

The down syndrome man killed over a movie ticket, the college student choked unconscious after he was handcuffed, the beating of the mentally handicapped guy with the bulge in his pants... you name it.

But it doesn't stop at the news articles.

You experience it every day.

Corruption is everywhere, and I am utterly, COMPLETELY tired of it.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX

Your frustration and anger is justified. My only advice is learn to control your own space.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   

I would say that you hate corruption...or the system that allows it. Just like many of us do. Are there LEOs that take advantage of that system...HELL YEA!

But there are also those of us who fight that system everyday...and it does seem to be a losing battle. But it is a justifiable battle damn it!

Never give in if what you are doing is right.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   

if you know the guy's name, maybe do a bit of research to find out if he really IS wanted in any other jurisdictions. i'm not sure if that's easy to do, but that's where i'd start. if he has warrants you might be able to trick "the system" into taking this gem off your hands.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Spiked collar....Those aren't the cops following you....they are dogcatchers.
Just kidding.

The rules say that the cops can't do anything till a crime is committed. How many people say they are going to do something when they are mad and never do it. They never would do it most times.

So, they can't throw a person in jail for getting mad and saying things that they would never do after they cool down. The problem with this is that it allows situations like this that are possibly real to escalate. You can usually protect yourself in your own home without getting in much trouble. I'd get the protection order if I were you.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

K, the spiked collar says you dress for attention. Can the collar screen
the type of attention you get? Of course not and I don't believe for one
second that the police should act on third person hear say.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I would just grow a pair and look the sob in the eyes snd say,

"Look here you SOB I don't give a damn who you are or where you come from, threaten me or my family again and I will seriously F$#@ you up".

Do it with anger and a tire iron if you have to.

Ignorance on his level is the only answer.

Don't be afraid of the idiot. Then if he strikes you, then you can have him arrested. Or beat the crap out of him.

Sometimes you have to throw compassion out of the window to get results.

I believe if you looked at him serious as a heart attack and told him what I said, you will see him cower. If you are already affraid, what will it hurt.

Take a stand.

ETA: I'm not trying to be an arse, sorry if it seems that way. My experiences with idiots tell me that the one's that are vocal and talk the most trash are usually cowards, and if you stand up for yourself they act completely different. And yes I have done this before, and know people who have said a few things to idiots.

It's like a bully, just put him in his place, maje sure you are not alone.
edit on 1-5-2014 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Jesus christ could you be a bigger moaner?

The cops on average do a awesome job.

First off, you reported something based on hearsay!! And secondly, the police have no power to arrest said individual until he has committed or is in the process of committing the crime. If he threatened you to your face, you might be able to have him cautioned if you could prove it or charged with something, again if proven (based on state law OR fed law if its a federal offense).

This is not minority report. People can not be arrested for something they have not done yet without ANY proof. The word of your "friend" is hardly proof!! It is his word against your friends!!!

It is NOT that they do NOT care but it is BECAUSE they have NO power. Blame the politicians that you or your friends or your family voted into power are they are the only ones who can change that!!

edit on 1-5-2014 by projectbane because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

(I take my backpack with me when I visit other people's houses).

Do you also wear your protective helmet as well..? Hopefully so...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
If that surround system is hot, and you accepted it, that's a crime. I would get rid of it ASAP.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Obtaining a protection order against someone who is
threatening criminal activity won't stop the person, or
their criminal activity. The protection order only notifies
the potential criminal that he would be a prime suspect
if he were to break into your home. That does have some
merit.

But considering that (ostensibly) this guy was already
upset with you for kicking him out, you should understand
that this will probably just make him angrier and perhaps
even give him more resolve to act out against you at a
later date.

As far as the cops not doing anything, if you were to put
yourself in a situation where YOU were the one being
accused by third-party hearsay evidence and the cops
took some meaningful action against you (because of
it,) you would probably be quite upset and offended.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Really? You want the cops to arrest someone for threatening to break in your home?

Or threatening to assault you? So because this individual hasn't broken any laws(when it comes to you) you hate cops?

Again,really?

I'd say if you had some kind of evidence against this clown I'm pretty sure the Police would be able to do something.

Also, I don't buy your cop flashlight story. Your examples make you sound extremely paranoid. As if all cops are out to get you. Last place you need to be is ATS. Just sayin.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I am no fan of police, but honestly, in this situation, what could they do? They can run the guys name and see if he has warrants, that is about it aside maybe patrol more in your area. They can't do anything about a second hand threat.

There is no justification for arrest, so what are you expecting them to do? If we lived in a world where the police arrested someone based on hearsay, saying they might commit a crime, you would be ranting and raving that we live in a police state, not that we don't already, but why do you want to make it worse?

No, police shouldn't be able to do something based on someones word that they might do something. I don't want to live in a world where that could become reality.

That said, if he is a meth head, let me at him! I love screwing with meth addicts, it is so fun and easy

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:27 AM
link   
At one time I ran a little neighborhood bar in the hood .Never called the police.When people like the individual you mention would come through you cant count on the popos. I found Bounty Hunters to be very prompt and effective in keeping our neighborhood safe for the locals.They seemed to enjoy their job and we were all very appreciative.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Spiked collar....Those aren't the cops following you....they are dogcatchers.
Just kidding.

The rules say that the cops can't do anything till a crime is committed. How many people say they are going to do something when they are mad and never do it. They never would do it most times.

So, they can't throw a person in jail for getting mad and saying things that they would never do after they cool down. The problem with this is that it allows situations like this that are possibly real to escalate. You can usually protect yourself in your own home without getting in much trouble. I'd get the protection order if I were you.

Actually, they can. Basically the way it works is if you write out an intent to commit a crime they can take it seriously. Alternatively if you work with another person they can get you on conspiracy to commit a crime (and just saying me+x will break into your home is enough to get a conspiracy investigation) before you do it. If you work by yourself and don't say anything about the crime in a spot where it can be recorded/copied and given to the police you're out of luck.

To be fair, we really don't want this to change. Accusations are damaging enough already, giving the police even more power from an accusation is a bad thing.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   

XxNightAngelusxX

Here's the thing. You know that corruption is everywhere, you know the police where you are could not give a damn. If you ask me, the best thing you can do is prepare to repel boarders.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Cops are just like everybody else, except they have authority. THey're not any more good or bad then the rest of the population, because it's simply a function of garbage in, which results in, garbage out. But I really hate those traffic cops in NYC. They're a bunch of no english-speaking, button pushing cowards. I challenge them to fights often but they have no honor and turn me down.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Corruption is worldwide .. not much police can / will do until after the fact when someone is hospitalised or dead ..

Buy a pistol learn to shoot... and learn the difference between when to talk and when to shoot. Also take up a martial art - learn the combat style not the pitty pat sport style .. its a cold world and life is harsh you have to be tough to survive.

As to dressing in black nothing wrong with that .. always wear black as its my clan colours.
Good luck and hopefully you will find a peaceful solution to your troubles.

Save up and move abroad .. far more opportunity and freedom outside the u.s ..
edit on 2/5/14 by Expat888 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 03:49 AM
link   
You heard this through second-hand information, and if you have ever been harassed by the authorities via second-hand information, you would know code enforcement and other "non-official" types of harassment are a pain in the arse.

I know from first hand experience how much trouble people running their mouths can make for somebody, some neighborhood kid who just happens to be the son of an ex-cop repeated something I said with all kinds of frills and exaggeration added, made me sound like a raving loon by the time it got to the third or fourth telling.

Code enforcement showed up only because the cops couldn't act on a third or fourth hand rumor, but made my landlord kinda angry because he never takes out permits to do construction and septic systems and such...

Cost him a lot of money and he told me he thinks I am at fault....WRONG....Makes me consider a "Scorched Earth Policy", good thing I have my vindictiveness I inherited from my mother under control...

This second-hand info is the reason the cops did nothing, people run their mouths all the time and never mean to do what they say, the cops don't have the resources to follow up on every "rumour" that gets called into their precinct either.

I would batten down the hatches at home and get some type of home defense, anyone with any real experience in this life would know that preparing for the worst and hoping for the best is always a pretty safe way to conduct things.

As skunkape23 states, learn to control your own space, just consider the possibilities and prepare for them.

Don't mistakenly take my statements here as supporting law enforcement so much, they can support themselves just fine whether I like it or not by taking a portion of money from all of my transactions, licenses and registration.

They're really nothing more than a government sanctioned street gang

edit on 2-5-2014 by MyHappyDogShiner because: auto format issue

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 04:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

Jesus christ could you be a bigger moaner?

The cops on average do a awesome job.

First off, you reported something based on hearsay!! And secondly, the police have no power to arrest said individual until he has committed or is in the process of committing the crime. If he threatened you to your face, you might be able to have him cautioned if you could prove it or charged with something, again if proven (based on state law OR fed law if its a federal offense).

This is not minority report. People can not be arrested for something they have not done yet without ANY proof. The word of your "friend" is hardly proof!! It is his word against your friends!!!

It is NOT that they do NOT care but it is BECAUSE they have NO power. Blame the politicians that you or your friends or your family voted into power are they are the only ones who can change that!!

Can you show a source on how cops do a great job on average? Until you can, I call b.s. to your statement. Sorry, not trying to insult you, but I believe this to be different.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join