It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why I hate cops.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: XxNightAngelusxX
I'm honestly a little bit surprised that in this day and age and after having already seen so many other stories play out in front of us that anyone still needs to declare a reason to hate police.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Stop going to places where your likely to run into Meth heads.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: gunshooter

Can you show a source on how cops do a great job on average? Until you can, I call b.s. to your statement. Sorry, not trying to insult you, but I believe this to be different.

Police use "clearance rates" as a performance measure.

As you can see here: National Clearance Ratets on average the police do a horrible job.

Violent Crime: 47%
Rape: 40%
Robbery: 28%
Burglary: 12%
Vehicle Theft: 11%
Arson: 19%

So, as you can see, getting caught is not the typical outcome for a criminal. More often than not criminals do in fact get away with their crimes.

Obviously repeat offenses and stupidity increase your chances of being caught but for a one-of planned crime you'll probably get away with it.

On average.

ETA: That link is for 2010. Here's the link for 2012. The numbers arent any better.
edit on 2-5-2014 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Last night, I accidentally cut myself pretty well trying to slice a cold stick of butter in half. The relevance is that I only have myself to blame. If it was someone else, there MIGHT be repercussions. Doubtful. Either way, don't call the police. They offer no help and probably would, at best, offer to call you a cab to the hospital. Police offer no better solution other than to make your problem worse.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Here is the solution to your problem....

Once the threat is neutralized, THEN call the cops so that they can come and get his body out of your living room, oh, and fill out the proper paperwork, because that is all they are good for. If you are counting on the police to help and protect you, then you will be disappointed, or even worse.. DEAD.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Everyone;

K, the spiked collar says you dress for attention. Can the collar screen the type of attention you get? Of course not and I don't believe for one second that the police should act on third person hear say. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Funny, the direct and semi-judgmental way you reply here would tell me you type for attention. A very close friend bought the collar for me, and I wear it everywhere because I can't see her anymore. And, there's nothing wrong with dressing a little rebellious. Its one of the few things they haven't taken away from us yet.

I think dressing punk is better than how most females dress for attention nowadays, anyway.

As for your opinion on the police matter--you're entitled to think whatever you want.

Just as I'm entitled to think you're a bit of a lapdog for thinking it.

ETA: I'm not trying to be an arse, sorry if it seems that way. My experiences with idiots tell me that the one's that are vocal and talk the most trash are usually cowards, and if you stand up for yourself they act completely different. And yes I have done this before, and know people who have said a few things to idiots.
- See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't disagree with you at all... but see, my fiance has no filter with this sort of thing. He will do everything you said in a heartbeat, and I'm honestly trying to avoid another physical confrontation. Its already happened once before.

Jesus christ could you be a bigger moaner?

Probably, but I'm trying to quit. Its like cigarettes.

The more people screw me over, the more I holler in anger. Its a forceful habit.

The cops on average do a awesome job.

Depends entirely where you live.

Also, not all cops I've met are complete douchbags. I'd say about 3/4 of them.

It is NOT that they do NOT care but it is BECAUSE they have NO power. Blame the politicians that you or your friends or your family voted into power are they are the only ones who can change that!!

Sure, all well and fine.

This is only one of many instances when the police have done nothing to help, though.

Maybe the red tape can clear that all up, still doesn't make it completely right.

Do you also wear your protective helmet as well..? Hopefully so...

What..?

So because I carry a backpack instead of a purse, I'm retarded?

*Hands you helmet*

I think you need the helmet more than I do. Good luck, young asshopper.

If that surround system is hot, and you accepted it, that's a crime. I would get rid of it ASAP.

We did.

Or threatening to assault you? So because this individual hasn't broken any laws(when it comes to you) you hate cops?

No. Because of NUMEROUS instances I've experienced and read about.

Please read the entire post before replying.

Also, I don't buy your cop flashlight story. Your examples make you sound extremely paranoid. As if all cops are out to get you. Last place you need to be is ATS. Just sayin.

There are people who have experienced a lot worse things than me when it comes to cops. I'm sure if they were to tell you their stories, you'd assume they were extremely paranoid.

Its the truth. Doesn't matter if you believe it or not.

I don't have the energy to attack everyone who calls me a liar, so... do what thou wilt.

I am no fan of police, but honestly, in this situation, what could they do? They can run the guys name and see if he has warrants, that is about it aside maybe patrol more in your area. They can't do anything about a second hand threat.

I suppose not.

I've had a bit of time to cool down now, thinking a bit more clearly.

That's not gonna change my stance here, though.

Literally every time I, or someone close to me, desperately needed law enforcement help, they never got it. It gets old. They can beat and choke college students, but serving and protecting is too much for them...

I found Bounty Hunters to be very prompt and effective in keeping our neighborhood safe for the locals. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Now there's a thought.

Here's the thing. You know that corruption is everywhere, you know the police where you are could not give a damn. If you ask me, the best thing you can do is prepare to repel boarders.

Fair point

Buy a pistol learn to shoot... and learn the difference between when to talk and when to shoot. Also take up a martial art - learn the combat style not the pitty pat sport style .. its a cold world and life is harsh you have to be tough to survive.

I plan on taking gun classes and getting a carry permit in a couple months when I turn 21.

Jujitsu sounds like a plan too.

Can you show a source on how cops do a great job on average? Until you can, I call b.s. to your statement. Sorry, not trying to insult you, but I believe this to be different.

Stop going to places where your likely to run into Meth heads.

You have no idea...

I used to be in some crummy places, mostly the schools. One of the reasons this frustrates me so much is that--now that I live in a nice neighborhood and have a wonderful fiance and friends--this guy came into our lives out of nowhere.

Fiance's sister brought him into the house. They both got kicked to the curb.

Once the threat is neutralized, THEN call the cops so that they can come and get his body out of your living room, oh, and fill out the proper paperwork, because that is all they are good for. If you are counting on the police to help and protect you, then you will be disappointed, or even worse.. DEAD.

I couldn't agree more

I'm sorry for not replying to everyone's individual post. I read all of them, and I figured the replies I posted here covered most of the responses I got. Peace~

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Mornin',

Thanks to The Thin Blue Line, there is no such thing as a fair and unbiased police officer.
They can't possibly serve two masters and rule number one is they put other cops before anyone and anything else.
This means they'll never serve the "public trust" no matter what you are told.
Policies such as "C.Y.A." should have been a dead giveaway.
Never trust a cop or anyone else who tries to put a gun to your head while saying:

"I'm only doing this to keep you safe..."

-Peace-

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

No, there is probably not any real concrete evidence to support the claim. But please feel free to go live in Haiti, Russia, China, North Korea, Iraq, Somalia, Saudi Arabia, Honduras, Belize, Mexico........
edit on 3-5-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-5-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Police use the terroristic threat charge all the time but it''s probably when toward them.

Why should a person in the US move - the police should just stop the heavy handed and corrupt practices. Actually, they should move to another country where those actions are accepted.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just look at how lots of police acted after Katrina and they were supposed to maintain order but instead many became thieving trigger happy criminals. I've almost heard zero cases where police call out other police but so many cases where police lie only to have video evidence come forward that proves them to be liars. They will break the law because they can and they have been given too much power with inadequate oversight.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Slickinfinity

A fair and frightening statement. The best thing is to steer clear of any police. Sometimes it's just not possible, though so in those cases shut our mouths and get home safely.

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

the police are supposed to act on hearsay?

Just get your own gun, and a boxer.

posted on May, 4 2014 @ 04:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Police use the terroristic threat charge all the time but it''s probably when toward them.

Making a threat when the accusation is hearsay and making a threat when someone is recording it are very different things. Getting charged with making a threat is most often related to writing something out.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join