It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nevada Congressman seeks probe of armed militia operations at Bundy ranch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This sounds very suspicious.

Apparently U.S. Congressman Steven Horsford (D, NV) has mailed a letter to the Clark County, NV sheriff complaining about complaints from citizens in the Bunkervill, NV area about armed militia setting up checkpoints and checking I.D.'s to make sure people are actually residents or have legitimate business in the area.

This was 2 days ago and it seems the story is parroting around even in the absence of verification.

I would think something like this (if true) would at least trigger local and state police to make a statement.

My wild guess is this Congressman is acting on orders from Harry Reid (Mr. "Achtung" !).

And at least one local news station has a quote from the Mesquite, NV Chief of Police saying there doesn't seem to be a problem. Mesquite is only 8 miles or so from Bunkerville.

Very suspicious.

(Reuters) - A congressman is calling for a probe into the activities of armed militiamen who are supporting a Nevada cattleman in a high profile showdown with federal authorities over grazing rights, citing allegations they set up armed checkpoints on local roads.

A spokesman for Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie confirmed receipt of the letter on Wednesday and said Las Vegas police would investigate if the department is "confronted with a victim of a crime."

Nevada Congressman seeks probe of armed militia operations at Bundy ranch

LAS VEGAS (FOX5) -

Rep. Steven Horsford, D-NV, on Monday sent a letter to Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie concerning militia members who remain in Bunkerville following a standoff with the Bureau of Land Management earlier this month.

Also on Monday, police in nearby Mesquite released a statement addressing safety concerns.

Police said that during the dispute between the Bureau of Land Management and rancher Cliven Bundy and his supporters, a few criminal incidents occurred in the Mesquite area, but nothing posed a public safety risk.

"Mesquite is a safe place to live, work and visit, and continues to be safe," Mesquite Chief of Police Troy Tanner wrote.

NV lawmaker presses sheriff to probe Bundy militiamen

Hmmm.

You would think if there was such a problem with armed militia on public property, the police would be all over the place again ???

Huffington Post article....(includes link to the actual letter)

Armed militiamen around Cliven Bundy's ranch in Nevada have set up road checkpoints and are asking passersby for proof of residency, according to a letter Rep. Steven Horsford (D-Nev.) sent Sunday to a local sheriff.

In the letter to Clark County Sheriff Doug Gillespie, Horsford, whose congressional district includes the area around the ranch, said recent events in Clark County have "caused many of my constituents to fear for their safety."

Cliven Bundy Militia Set Up Checkpoints, Congressman Says

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
The town of Bunkerville is about 9 miles north of Bundy ranch and militias.
I think you right it is deversion by Dens.

I will research more...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I truly wonder what may have bought this ally of Harrys concern?
The vilifying of the patriots goes on as the Feds begin to build a reason to attack them physically.....it will happen...one at a time or in a GROUP....THEY ARE ALL "MARKED".................

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Granite
Yes, local militia members are being tailed, watched by Feds, local sheriff as they travel from Bundy ranch and their homes.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I have no doubts that domestic terrorism charges and anything else they can name will nessessitate secret arrests and indefinite detentions before to much longer....the DOJ is getting its ducks in a row right now id bet....reviewing drone camera footage and researching licence plates and the like.....probly a fleet of DOJ lawyers working overtime on it.....expect the retribution within 30 days to start off...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
The vilifying of the patriots goes on as the Feds begin to build a reason to attack them physically.....it will happen...one at a time or in a GROUP....THEY ARE ALL "MARKED".................

I'd have to agree with you.

By now it should be patently obvious that the government is after the guns. Their objectives are being systematically achieved. Question is: Do they want the militia man's guns in this case ... or the militia man himself? I don't see a 'win' in here. They had their chance at a stalemate and dropped the ball.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And YT channel's of a few militiamen are purged as of the past few days...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I agree with you on this one. In the absence of proof all this is is hearsay. And if untrue, it is an attack on the militia in the media, ie: just bad pr for them.... really bad pr.

For the average person, this will have the intended effect, people will not trust them. Elsewhere on the internet, people are now comparing the militia who supports Bundy to Hezb Allah and are afraid of them.

And its mainly because of this.
edit on 1-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   
This www.8newsnow.com... article posted 2 days ago seems to show threatening behavior by some Bundy supporters in the weeks past, but nothing supporting the Congressman's allegations of checkpoints.

8 News NOW has learned Mesquite Police are investigating death threats to hotel staffers following a bomb threat earlier this month. The threats were reportedly called in by supporters of Cliven Bundy, the Bunkerville rancher battling over his cattle with the Bureau of Land Management.

8 News NOW obtained a police report which also shows the hotel received at least nine threatening phone calls in April, after they allowed BLM rangers to stay in the hotel.

Workers were told to kick out the BLM or they "would not be standing in the morning."

However, 8 News NOW crew was in the area Tuesday and did not find any roadblocks with militia members checking on people trying to pass.

Bundy's comments near the end of the article, sound like he may be ready to have the militia members leave.
edit on 5/1/2014 by Olivine because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB
The same "bravado" was said by Daniel P. Love Special Agent in charge of BLM operation two days prior to his retreat from militiamen and Bundy son's.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   

4th generation warfare...

and your doing it wrong.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You can try re-writing history, but only your fellow shills will chime-in a few stars...better luck next lifetime.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
You can try re-writing history, but only your fellow shills will chime-in a few stars...better luck next lifetime.

lol... I think you just called me a shill. OMG that's funny.

If having an appreciation for the truth, and wanting to live by the truth makes me a shill then the word has been redefined I suppose.

As a side note, Hezb Allah doesn't scare me in the least... :sigh:
edit on 1-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Just stop it. Not everybody on this site whose opinion doesn't directly parrot your own is a 'shill.' This site has reached new levels of hyperbolic insanity.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:27 PM
link   
With all the left wing MSM that was there if this were true they would have already reported it. But there is no call for people to make death threats though those kind of people Bundy doesn't need supporting him because if anything that will drive away the good people that are supporting him.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

20/20 observation.

The militia guys were pretty ignorant keeping their weapons on display after the BLM pulled out in embarrassment. A continuing show of armed force is asking for trouble. If the militia wanted trouble they should've opened fire when they had the opportunity and popular support. These antics (and I have no doubt there's some validity to the claims) are going to sully their reputation. Is that not a tactic our government has perfected?

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I live in Vegas and was out in the area a few days ago just to see what all the hype was about and I did not encounter any "armed militia checkpoints" that's bull crap.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NiZZiM
I live in Vegas and was out in the area a few days ago just to see what all the hype was about and I did not encounter any "armed militia checkpoints" that's bull crap.

Thanks for verifying.

I also have an old friend that lives in the Overton/Logandale area and drives to Mesquite every day to his job.

He told me this afternoon that he actually stopped at the Bundy Mellon stand and saw nothing odd at all.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite
Yes, local militia members are being tailed, watched by Feds, local sheriff as they travel from Bundy ranch and their homes.

Good - LEO's should be doing more about these lunatics!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
As idiotic as I think people were/are for supporting Bundy, it's very suspicious to me that there's no videos up anywhere of armed militia patrolling or stopping cars on any video hosting site. Also there was even local coverage of a press conference from the Rep that sent Sheriff Gillespie the letter, but the news team didn't bother to film the militia doing anything?

Even though I personally don't like those guys, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a smear job.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join