It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Nevada Congressman seeks probe of armed militia operations at Bundy ranch

page: 2
<< 1   >>

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 11:03 PM

originally posted by: Kali74
As idiotic as I think people were/are for supporting Bundy, it's very suspicious to me that there's no videos up anywhere of armed militia patrolling or stopping cars on any video hosting site. Also there was even local coverage of a press conference from the Rep that sent Sheriff Gillespie the letter, but the news team didn't bother to film the militia doing anything?

Even though I personally don't like those guys, I wouldn't be surprised if this is just a smear job.

Agreed. I don't care for Mr. Bundy's behavior, nor do I feel he has any right to be on BLM land at this point (he lost several COURT cases over it, for the love of God)...

...but I need some proof that these checkpoints are happening. Surely someone would videotape a checkpoint he came across and stick it on youtube?

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 08:31 AM
Seems certain people are trying very hard to rationalize the behavior of bad people in their own ranks and even go to battle for the team. There was so much evil wrapped up in the holy grail of environmental protectionism in that Bundy situation....and the whole team is trying to take our Constitutional rights to task.

posted on May, 2 2014 @ 02:06 PM
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

My opinion of course... But the fact is, even if some have these extreme thoughts concerning environmentalism - these nazi conservationists I call them - they are also American. Part of a large group with many varying beliefs. Even when I disagree, I understand that they, as Americans, are just as entitled to their opinion as I am to mine, and you are to yours.

We have a representative government that should be taking all our voices into consideration. But that fact is, you cannot please all of the people all of the time. So sometimes it is my time to be heard, and sometimes theirs, but in all fairness its about all of us working together.

This 'My way or the highway' mentality is the antithesis of mediation and cooperation. The communists win if we allow this mentality to take over, because then its just communism by a different group, but communism just the same. I prefer a government to be representative of all of us, even when I have to cooperate with other points of view.

There was an honest effort once to cooperate with both sides of the issue, and one of them said no... I wont cooperate its my way down a barrel of a gun if need be. So then the other said no we wont cooperate either its my way at the point of a pen if need be.

Both sides are as wrong as it gets... wrong. wrong. wrong. Both of them.

And oddly, neither "side" is the government. Yet they are who is standing on the firing line scratching their heads and wondering just what the hell happened.

If it were me, I'd kill every last cow and every last turtle and say # em both. Neither deserve respect at this point, because they only have respect for themselves. I'd like to see how far that gets them with dead turtles and cows. It isn't their land...

its mine too...

edit on 2-5-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
a reply to: xuenchen

This from Politico seems to imply this is along
the same lines with Harry Reids stated intentions...
"Something will happen"

Not surprising! But yes, suspicious!
The congressman is mentioned further down.

Reid has been the subject of threats himself, prompting an increase in his own security detail in recent days, people familiar with the matter said Monday.

Shennell Antrobus, a spokesman for the U.S. Capitol Police, declined to comment on the number of security personnel assigned to Reid or the nature of the threats against the Democratic leader. But he confirmed that the police are investigating “threatening statements” made against the majority leader.

edit on 3-5-2014 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
Well now Horsford is calling for bolder action !!

LAS VEGAS (KSNV -- Making stronger a call he made more than a week ago, Rep. Steven Horsford has challenged all elected officials in Nevada to rid the Bunkerville area of the "armed sepratists" that have rallied around rancher Cliven Bundy in his fight with the Bureau of Land Management.

Speaking Saturday at the Clark County Democratic Convention at the Tropicana, Horsford recounted a conversation he had earlier in the day with a fifth-grader in the Mesquite area.

Horsford urges elected officials to push out 'armed sepratists'

I think he's taking Orduhz from Harry !!

<< 1   >>