It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran to target decoy U.S. aircraft carrier in drills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This was my speculation when I first heard about Iran building a mock US carrier.

TEHRAN, IRAN — An Iranian newspaper is reporting that the country’s military plans to target a mock-up American aircraft carrier during upcoming war games.

www.navytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954

Not really sure if that is worrying, i mean you know how to take out people planes trains and automobiles, probably be pretty helpful to know how to take out the largest craft (and a class thats never been sunk before by anyone).

I believe china or something else had a huge aircraft shaped test bed setup on land.

link

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They can practice all they want....lol

It gives them hope..lol

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: nighthawk1954
This was my speculation when I first heard about Iran building a mock US carrier.

TEHRAN, IRAN — An Iranian newspaper is reporting that the country’s military plans to target a mock-up American aircraft carrier during upcoming war games.

I bet that "movie" they make will be pure propaganda for the Iranian masses....the use of a mock up for training purposes is secondary to the script....nessessary for the cameras.....id love to watch it...should make good comedy...

www.navytimes.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Not surprised, the USA, UK, EU, and Israel constantly bully Iran. I'm wonder why they don't have a mock Israeli fleet to blow up? Then again, the Israeli's will play the US to do thy bidding for them.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills
Agreed, I also wonder if this "Iranian based newspaper" is run by the israelis.
I bet it is.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
What ,have they taken up Voodoo as well? Possibly THE most expensive effigy EVER burnt.
Thrilling.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Are they going to mock up the rest of the battle group? And really what is the point of the mock up to begin with? It is 2014 do they not have battle simulators?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01
I agree with you %110!

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
A "MOCK" aircraft carrier is all these clowns could destroy.

You suppose they filled it with suicide bombers in case they miss it ?

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Actually, this isn't funny at all in my opinion. There is something unique about Iran. In fact, it's truly one of a kind. It's the only nation the US isn't at least at good diplomatic relations with that an Aircraft Carrier has to pass inside 50 miles of a major military concentration for.

They don't have to train to fight the whole CVBG. That would be suicidally stupid anyway. They only have to train to fight one battle, in one place. It's a very small place and at it's close pass, is right across the water from Bandar Abbas. One of Iran's primary military areas.

It's a bit of a pickle, too. Since we can't just stop running Carriers through that strait. I'm sure it adds to the anxiety of making the transits.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

If the Iranians turn on any radar tracking systems and don't use them, the US will gain advantage. I doubt there will be any new weapon systems put in play. If it's not live fire, It's simply a PR exercise.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: liejunkie01
They can practice all they want....lol

It gives them hope..lol

LOL, The same was said about Hezbollah and Israels state of the art tanks. Israel actually believed that they were indestructible when it come to Hezbollah until the were towing them back to Israel deemed useless. Don't under estimate the enemy.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

So when Iran attacks the Real U.S. Carrier, they can say "oops, our pilots made a mistake!!!!"

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Did they really need to build a mock carrier to train for an attack on it? lol

What ever happened to the cheaper drawing outlines in the sand so you could actually hit it without destroying it

edit on 27-4-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
Not surprised, the USA, UK, EU, and Israel constantly bully Iran. I'm wonder why they don't have a mock Israeli fleet to blow up? Then again, the Israeli's will play the US to do thy bidding for them.

Not surprising you've missed 99.9% of the story either

Bullying, hardly without the US, EU, UK, UN we might be looking at a glass deserts in the Middle East

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I reckon everyone should go to Iran on holiday, millions and millions of people all at once, go out meet people in the street, shake hands and see whats up really.

Bet youll find most Iranian are probably quite annoyed like you they are very much miffed about this weird black hole their government and military has for all their money too!, probably have quite a lot in common.

Its fine going to Iran for a holiday, totaly legal no one can stop you. Its fine.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Let's build a mock up of Iran....

And blow it up.

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Just remember, it was the UN P5+1 that allowed this maniacal regime access to nuclear proliferation abilities... (in otherwords, the REAL enemies and threats of the United States; the governments Germany, Russia, China, France and the UK).

posted on Apr, 27 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Davian

Sound pretty paranoid, its almost as though the thousands of years of history and culture, not to mention wars all those nations have shared together almost somehow mean something eh?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join