It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Since when do dreams automatically equal visions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
/rant on

When did it become standard practice that having a dream means a person had a "vision"?

You can find multiple threads on ATS that start off something like "I had a vivid dream so now I am warning everyone of this vision".

I had a dream last night about a velociraptor running around in my house and two of my cats had armor on to try and defeat the raptor. That isnt a vision of dinosaurs running around my house but rather echos from information I had processed recently. In this case I had watched Jurassic Park a few days earlier and watched Game of Thrones where armor like i saw on my cats is prevalent.

People that believe the world is going to end in some 2012 style fashion of Yellowstone attacking the planet probably often think that way so their brain is probably always processing bits and pieces of info like that. That doesn't mean that every dream someone has, no matter how vivid or lucid , is a prediction of things to come.

/rant off

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

I don't believe everything I read and take things with a grain of salt.
But do read them, because of:
Joseph's Dreams

5 Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more. 6 He said to them, “Listen to this dream I had: 7 We were binding sheaves of grain out in the field when suddenly my sheaf rose and stood upright, while your sheaves gathered around mine and bowed down to it.”

Joseph from the bible received his visions in his dreams.
Just saying.

I also had dreams that came true the next day.
(Like a friend of mine calling me to tell me she fell and broke her arm.)

S&F though, because not all dreams are visions merely our subconscious entertaining/informing us.

edit on 24/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

edit on 24/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Well, after you have a few dreams that do come true, it tends to make one nervous if they have a bad nightmare that seems prophetic. It becomes very hard to tell what is and is not a premonition in a dream.

So I can see the confusion for some.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Very well put.
I agree with you.
After a while though it gets easier to distinguish the visions from the normal dreams.
Visions seem more real, and you cannot control them (If you know how to do that and have many lucid dreams).
Also when I dream about my cat telling me off for not buying the better quality tuna, I know it's me, not a vision.

edit on 24/4/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling , again

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Billions of people dream every single day including every person who have lived and are now dead, which gives a number with a lot of zeros, dreams have been studied endlessly and is still studied as we speak and all conclusions on dreams are that they are based on the past and not the future.

If anyone could predict the future by dreaming it would deffinatly be known by now, and i mean very well known.

So when people come out and say they had a dream and it came true it's completly BS or they missentrpret what they actually dreamed or simlpy just connect things that shouldn't be connected.

Noone has NEVER been documented to predict the future with a dream and with all the dreaming going on everyday it would mean tons of prediction if it was posible, and as that is not the case, dreams are still based of the dreamers past.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Most of the premonition dreams I have had have been pretty straight forward. Maybe some differences between what I dream about, and what really happens, but the meaning of the dream and what occurs is usually pretty on par with what happens over the course of a few days, sometimes the next morning, or even while I am sleeping and dreaming about it.

My boss has already told me I am not allowed to tell them my dreams anymore because everything starts to happen right afterwards...lol

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Mianeye

I am living proof that you are wrong.
Just because it has not happened to you, does not mean it does not happen.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
I'm sorry but iether you are BSing now or you prove it....Period, don't come and say you are living proff with out proff, thats silly

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Well, I suppose you could always ask my boss, or several other people I have known throughout my life.

I don't control my dreams, they just happen.

But as an example, last fall, I had a dream that someone broke into a bunch of apartments, and then set free a bunch of pets in the hallways. The next morning we found out (After I told my boss the dream) that several cars in the parking lot were broken into that night) and then I had to catch 2 different pets that got out of their apartments that same day and locate the owners.
And that rarely if ever happens.

I remember dreaming that my 2 year old son got into the fridge and broke a bunch of eggs, and the next morning when I woke up, he was sitting in front of the fridge playing with broken eggs....

I have had several, but then, guess you would have to take my word for it, or call me a liar.

Doesn't matter to me.
edit on 24-4-2014 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   

You and me both are living proof that he/she is wrong. Maybe he/she is just jealous.

I dreamed the whole event ahead. My mom telling me I had a phone call,my friend telling me her arm broke and how. And also that it was early afternoon, and I was studying for a test.

This vision couldn't have been more specific than that.

That was in my teens. Now in my thirties I dream mostly about my husband , and they come true. Every morning he asks me if I dreamed something about him, just so he can know what to expect.
I also dream about other family members and friends.

I do not however dream about big world events, I don't know why.I guess I shouldn't look the gift horse in the mouth and be thankful for what I've got.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I do not need to prove you anything.
If you don't believe me that is fine, and I could not care less.
I'll move along quietly and in peace.
My family come first and foremost.
It's plenty enough for me to help them.

I know many people do not believe in the paranormal but to be this closed minded.....

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Not all dreams are visions, and not all visions are properly interpreted.

It takes experience to see through the symbolism in dreams to divine the underlying message.

Here's an example of a dream I had that pointed towards the future:

About six months ago I dreamed I was standing in my backyard looking far off into the distance where I saw a platform hovering high in the air. It was a bungee jump, and something in my dream was trying to pull me towards it. But at the time I was (and am!) a little afraid of heights and I wasn't sure if I wanted to go.

There the dream ended, there the weirdness began. Time rolls on, and:

Three months ago a friend and I planned a trip to Peru to consume a tea THAT SHALL NOT BE NAMED.

Two months ago we tacked on a visit to Cusco so we could see Machu Picchu.

One month ago I was on tripadvisor looking for things to do in the city, and I found this.

Yep, turns out Cusco is home to the third highest bungee jump in the world.

So in a few weeks, I'll be living out my dream.

So yeah, not all dreams = visions. But some of them surely do.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I used to wake up my ex wife and tell her about a dream and then we would watch it happen usually the next morning.

Now most of the time when it happens it seems to have to do with my job and the residents in my apartment building.
I will often dream about the fire alarm the day before it gets triggered off.

I have had a few dreams over the years that I believe could be global, but none of those have happened yet, so could just be reflected fears.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah, cool story bro...

As i said if it was posible to predict the future through dreams it would be VERY WELL DOCUMENTED NOW, but it's not cause it has never happened.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Most people who have dreams and post them don't go around saying ... 'this is prophecy'. Most post them because they are interesting and out of character, and they want to see if anyone else had something similar. The one time I posted a dream that I had, that was the reason why .... to see if anyone else had the same kind of dream to see if there was anything to it.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

You want to hear something interesting?

Ever since my mom passed away, she appears in my dreams and shows me what's going to happen.

Not all of them, only the ones that come true.

And yes, I dream about work a lot too, and they also come true.
Just every day life events,but in precision.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Documented by who?

Actually...one sec...I have something for you..

And an ATS thread about the video:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Yes, that's true.
A lot of times I will have such a strange dream ,that I simply can't analyze myself, so I post it and ask for help.

It's not that easy sometimes to work out the symbolism of dreams, better ask an outsider.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I once had an old native woman in a dream show me a vision of my town flooding out,
which it did 6 weeks later.

That was a strange dream though because I was told she was evil by others in the room, but she told me that she was my grandma and made me eat a weird rice doll that tasted terrible in the dream and it caused me to wake up choking as I watched one end of my town flood out and then wide awake...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Wow, in that case, I'd say follow your gut instinct.
If you think she was your family and just protecting you, then that's that. Or perhaps just a bored spirit messing around with you and telling you the future at the same time.

I always protect/cleanse my home on a regular basis to avoid such things.
I'd advice you to do the same, though reading your posts, I get the impression you already do.
My gut instinct tells me we've had very similar incidents in the past.
Just be careful, and wait and see what happens if she ever shows up again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join