It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops raid wrong apartment, "hog tie" 75yo grandmother.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Cops Raid the Wrong Apartment, Hog Tie 75 Year Old Grandmother.

Ruth Hunter lives two doors down from a man that police were after. So naturally her apartment was raided in the middle of the night and she was hog tied while police sorted things out.

“I thought someone was breaking in to rob or kill me,” Hunter said.

“Asked me if I ever stored drugs for anybody — I said how dare you insult my integrity.”

Hunter said that is when police started asking about her loved ones.

“He asked if maybe my granddaughter was involved. I sat up in my bed like how dare you try and bring my granddaughter into this stuff. She’s a law abiding citizen, works for a living, she don’t even like coming here,” Hunter said.

Hunter said that police left her apartment and went two doors down, while she was left handcuffed with a zip tie.

“I’m very irritated and angry, he never said I’m sorry, never apologized for having the wrong house…he said you got to get someone to fix that door.”

With regards to these types of incidents, I dont even know what to say anymore.

Forget about unlawful search and seizure, they're now SWAT teaming homes over anonymous tips.

We need to so do something about "lawful" searches and seizures.

Its time we revisit the whole concept of warrants. Even with a "warrant", they cant get it right.

Either we need to make it MUCH more difficult to get a warrant OR the law has to be changed to make police individually accountable.

edit on 24-4-2014 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

frying bacon. All day, every day.

The first battle is the one for the conscience. It is fought with information, not lethal force.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
that photo comparison was brilliant OP...
now
where is that thread where everyone said it was ok to shoot chidren who may have burgled a house?

hopefully those kill em all types see this
Id love to hear them all brag about shooting arned NAZI stormtroopers breaking in
as opposed to dim witted un armed children

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Either we need to make it MUCH more difficult to get a warrant OR the law has to be changed to make police individually accountable.

The fastest way to change this is to abuse their own system. Anonymous tips on journalists, politicians, local selectmen and businessmen, schoolteachers, other cops etc....

As long as in a nation of 300 million people covering 3.8 million square miles these events are spread thin are only locally reported things will only get worse because the 299.6 million who go unaffected will never push for a change.

Their reckless and violent stupidity needs to be exacerbated in the short term to instigate change in the long term.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Danbones

Nice de-rail pal.
I'll say it, you kick my door in, in the middle of the night, there's going to be fatalities! I may end up dead, but I'll damn sure take a few with me.

I feel horrible for that Grandma. These things have to stop. If the cops can't read the address on a warrant, they have zero business enforcing said warrant. One of these days it's going to turn very ugly for these Jack booted thugs!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
thank GAWD we have those public servants out there serving and protecting us!

Uh, heavy sarcasm there.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Don't the masks in the picture you posted say it all?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The custom of masking the pigs is part of the intimidation factor....you cant recognize your assailants in court....
they are hiding behind those black masks to obfuscate their identities and throw fear into their victims.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
At one time I would have thought a comparison of American law enforcement to Nazi Gestapo would have been over the top hyperbole......not anymore!!!!!

Here are the changes we can expect......

Private for profit corporate prisons and detainment centers.

No citizen recourse if wrongfully accused and detained.

Corporate controlled courts with 3 man tribunals instead of trials. No more trial by a jury; to expensive.

Total militarization of law enforcement even with barrack style housing for law enforcement in protected compounds.

all paid for with taxpayer dollars......

It's a brave new world....

edit on 24-4-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
As I further into my career (that I am working on leaving) I can say with 100% certainty that serving warrants for anything other then extremely violent felonies needs to be put to an end.

If anyone else needs to be arrested, an old fashioned stake out can be done. When the person leaves their residence and is properly identified, they can then be arrested. Once arrested the police can then execute their search (with a warrant). This would lessen the risk of hitting the wrong house, amongst other things.

There are just too many attrocites occuring. The wrong houses being hit, dogs being killed and things like in the op.

This is definitely something I can agree with you guys on.

edit on 24-4-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Shoot'em in the toodles.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The only way to stop this is for her to get the best lawyer in the country to sue the police department into oblivion.

When cities start being bankrupted because of lawsuits they will change things.

Otherwise nothing will ever change.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Hog Tie?

with lies like that you're losing credibility fast...

read the article -> "handcuffed with a zip tie"

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

When cities start being bankrupted because of lawsuits they will change things.

Otherwise nothing will ever change.
a reply to: grey580

The police get sued all the time....but in all reality...why would they care? It's the taxpayer that foots the bill...and no officer is ever found personally responsible.

Until the people stand up and demand that SWAT teams are ONLY used in extreme circumstances, instead of sending SWAT out to serve petty warrants....this will continue ad nauseum.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: Danbones

I feel horrible for that Grandma. These things have to stop. If the cops can't read the address on a warrant, they have zero business enforcing said warrant. One of these days it's going to turn very ugly for these Jack booted thugs!

I cant wait for that day, been training and hoping for that day to happen soon.

they are a bigger ENEMY to me than NK, Russia, China etc COMBINED.

For they are the ENEMY within the gates.

Police State.. who is the enemy of the people in a POLICE state?

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: acacko

Hog Tie?

with lies like that you're losing credibility fast...

read the article -> "handcuffed with a zip tie"

All he did was copy/paste the title of the actual article, he didn't make anything up.

lighten up Francis.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
There are just too many attrocites occuring. The wrong houses being hit, dogs being killed and things like in the op.

This is definitely something I can agree with you guys on.

hopefully you do well outside of LE, i left being a federal officer in 2002. The constitution and the spirit of liberty is the ANTITHESIS of modern LEO duties.

The only difference between today and the 1770's.. the redcoats (police btw, historically thats whose shoes are filled by cops,) do not work for King George.

Our founding PATRIOTS would have started tarring and feathering LONG AGO, probably when the TSA, free speech zones, arrests for a plant, REVENUE GENERATING, etc. started happening

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Some pictures do tell the whole story,don't they?Well done OP.In a sarcastic defense of those sworn to"protect and serve"that 75y/o women Could?have posed a viable threat to those steroid pumping punks in uniform and obviously needed to be restrained.If she had been a teenage black thug the same police would have waved as they passed on their donut run.
Unlike many here whose social activism is confined to their keyboards I give you this.I called the commissioner of the Kalamazoo police 2 days ago to let him know how I felt about the fact that the gang(7)of black youths that beat and maimed me for life will soon be walking to 7 year statute of limitations.These"youths"were ALL CAUGHT ON VIDEO not more than 5 minuits before their ambush.Yet,go figure,none were ever,nor will be charged.I did this even with a warrant out for me.Outside of the American warriors here the majority of posters here are gutless wonders to me and disgusted the blocking option was revoked.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

The warrant does list Hunter`s address and apartment number, but she believes this court document proves that she did nothing wrong. Because it says police did not find anything inside.

The search was valid as her name and apartment are clearly shown on the warrant. She was restrained with padded zip-tie that is standard evidence collection procedure. The man arrested 2 doors down told an informant that she visited the apartment often-and or hid drugs although this is where the confusion starts. The arrested man's fiancé had something to do with the mix up and was begging local media not to identify her. Perhaps grandma and this young woman were mistaken for one another.

Whoever was in charge of the investigation is clearly at fault-the officers did as they were told.

All this happened 2 weeks ago. Grandma said nothing until contacted by a media site that had obtained the media release about the incident. Doubt she will have a problem paying the rent this month.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join