It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Brothers and the Cult of the UFO (Part II): the Big Weird - Scientology

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Space Brothers and the Cult of the UFO

Stranger than you think : Scientology

Cults and religions come in all shapes and sizes. In part 1 of the Cult of UFO a few cult/religion/belief systems were mentioned. If you were to ask a stranger on the street if they heard of any of these groups, I would be surprised if many said yes. If however one were to ask about the Scientologists, it would be surprising to meet someone who has not heard of this highly controversial group. Enormously wealthy, with some extremely famous patrons (Tom Cruise, John Travolta), Scientology has attained a huge profile in its relatively short life.

So what is Scientology? Is it a set of beliefs (scientific), or a religion? Let us jump head-first into the rabbit hole of this bizarre cult/religion.

It seems one cannot discuss Scientology without discussing its founder Lafayette Ronald Hubbard (more commonly known as L. Ron Hubbard). During his life Hubbard served in the U.S Marine Corps, as well as being an officer in the U.S Navy during WW2. Wikipedia notes that he was in command of 2 ships in the Navy, but was removed from his post due to his superiors assessing him as incapable of command. Hubbard was also a writer of science fiction, tending towards the pulp fiction end of the genre. Hubbard developed a self-help system he named Dianetics that he called 'the modern science of mental health'. He referred to Scientology as a religion, and in 1953 he incorporated the Church of Scientology in Camden, New Jersey.

en.wikipedia.org...

So what is Scientology? The belief that immortality is real, and that humans have forgotten their 'true immortal nature' is central to the religion, and the way in which one is able to realise this is called 'auditing' which seems to be a mix of counselling and interrogation. Controversy has shadowed the cult, more or less since its beginning, and they are very aggressive in making money out of both official, and potential church members.

According to Wikipedia:

Scientology is one of the most controversial new religious movements to have arisen in the 20th century. The church is often characterized as a cult and it has faced harsh scrutiny for many of its practices which, critics contend, include brainwashing and routinely defrauding its members, and harassing its critics and perceived enemies with psychological abuse, character assassination and costly litigation. In response, Scientologists have argued that theirs is a genuine religious movement that has been misrepresented, maligned and persecuted. The Church of Scientology has consistently used litigation against its critics, and its aggressiveness in pursuing its foes has been condemned as harassment

So where are the UFOs?

One of the beliefs in Scientology is that our souls (referred to as Thetans) reincarnate, and these 'souls' have lived on other planets before making their way to earth. I'm not certain if there's some warp device that enables this, but I'm willing to suspend my disbelief at this point and go 'OK, slightly out there, but no less so than mainstream Christianity or Islam. Things get pretty Ca-Ca pretty quickly when one scratches beneath the surface.

en.wikipedia.org...

Xenu (/ˈziːnuː/ ZEE-noo), was, according to Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, the dictator of the "Galactic Confederacy" who 75 million years ago brought billions of his people to Earth (then known as "Teegeeack") in a DC-8-like spacecraft, stacked them around volcanoes and killed them using hydrogen bombs. Official Scientology scriptures hold that the essences of these many people remained, and that they form around people in modern times, causing them spiritual harm. These events are known within Scientology as "Incident II",and the traumatic memories associated with them as "The Wall of Fire" or the R6 implant. The narrative of Xenu is part of Scientologist teachings about extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in earthly events, collectively described as "space opera" by Hubbard. Hubbard detailed the story in Operating Thetan level III (OT III) in 1967, warning that the R6 "implant" (past trauma)[8] was "calculated to kill (by pneumonia, etc.) anyone who attempts to solve it"

Alright!! This is what we're looking for. A true bizarro UFO cult which appears to spring straight out of the pages of a science fiction (pulp) novel. Could there be a connection with Hubbard's prior vocation - no way; if the man says aliens, aliens it must be!

Weird Stuff

There's so many weird connections between Scientology, mind control, and intelligence organisations it can be difficult to know where to begin. Is it in fact possible that Scientology was an Mk-Ultra type exercise in mind control?

Over at our invisible friends : ourinvisiblefriends.com...

Remember the clipboard guys that used to stop you in the street and ask you if you were happy? Or they’d try to get you to do a personality test and then sell you a copy of Dianetics?

I swear the only people who read that book are the ones who had to. I did, as part of my Scientology training, and when the critics said Ron Hubbard never edited his work or permitted other to edit it, believe them. A more drawn out, turgid story I have yet to read. At least he wrote it himself, which is not the case with the personality test. It was taken directly from classified CIA material.

After Navy service in World War II, Dr. John Gittinger joined the CIA in 1950 specifically to do brainwashing. He finished the work begun on the Personality Assessment System and provided the CIA with a neat little road map for exploiting an individual’s weaknesses.

Hubbard wanted to know the mental traits of his students/customers too. Like the CIA, he knew a persons weaknesses could be manipulated.

Gittinger and his Personality Test was classified until 1962. It was a covert operation under the guidance of Sidney Gottlieb, ex Nazi now living in the US with a new name and head of MK ULTRA.

Did Hubbard's insistence on using this CIA test give reason to believe he had personal knowledge of Mk-Ultra type tests which could be used to manipulate people? Do not forget Hubbard's own connection to the Navy, and Naval intelligence.

I’m seeing a pattern here. So many co incidences that Ron Hubbard and the CIA are working hand in glove. They both want control, and by giving Ron the classified information, he was able to further research in the field much faster in a way the CIA could not have done. In return, the CIA would probably turn a blind eye to his shenanigans.

Continued...
edit on 24-4-2014 by cuckooold because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:39 AM
link   

And Weirder

While we're at it, why not have a look at a few of Hubbard's friends and associates.

Jack Parsons (born Marvel Whiteside Parsons) was an American rocket engineer and chemist who worked for NASA, was was instrumental in designing the solid rocket fuel that helped the U.S to get to the moon. Parsons was also a 'Thelemite Occultist', the religious movement headed by none other than the Beast Aleister Crowley himself. So where does Hubbard come into this? Let us invoke Wikipedia yet again to look at this weirdness, getting weirder...

en.wikipedia.org...

After a brief involvement in Marxism, Parsons converted to Thelema in 1939, the English occultist Aleister Crowley's new religious movement. He joined the Agape Lodge in 1941, the Californian branch of the Thelemite Ordo Templi Orientis (OTO), alongside his first wife Helen Northrup and, at Crowley's bidding, he took over the position of lodge leader from Wilfred Talbot Smith in 1942. Parsons began running the lodge from his manor home—nicknamed "the Parsonage"—on Orange Grove Boulevard, Pasadena, where he let out rooms to a variety of occultists, scientists, and bohemians. Among them was L. Ron Hubbard, with whom he began the Babalon Working, a series of rituals designed to invoke the Thelemic goddess Babalon to Earth. Parsons continued the procedure with Marjorie Cameron, whom he married in 1946. After Hubbard stole his life savings, Parsons sold the Parsonage, resigned from the OTO and went through various jobs, while acting as a consultant for the Israeli rocket program. He lost his security clearance amid the developing climate of McCarthyism and accusations of espionage and was left unable to work in rocketry. Parsons died in a home laboratory explosion in 1952 at the age of 37; police ruled it an accidental death, but many of his associates—including Cameron—suspected suicide or murder.

So Hubbard ripped off the life savings of Jack Parsons, as well as seducing Parson's girlfriend. Despite being in a so-called 'open relationship', I'm sure this did little so assuage the anger of Parsons. Did Hubbard also steal a bunch of teachings of Parsons/the O.T.O, and wrapping them up in some of his science-fiction, deliver them as his new religion?

For more information regarding the occult roots of Scientology:

disinfo.com...

www.mt.net...

Scientology Today

Today, Scientology is a huge and sprawling organisation, wealthy beyond belief. They have a reputation for engaging in aggressive litigation to silence their critics. South Park had an episode which made fun of Scientology and Tom Cruise, and Cruise tried to silence this episode.

Is Scientology still deeply connected to both occult belief, and intelligence agencies? Considering the amount of influence they have, as well as an enormous database of just about anyone who has ever come into contact with the organisation, one wonders about what certainly looks a little fascistic from a certain angle. It reeks of perhaps the Jacques Vallee control system, and the players involved seem connected to much of 20th century conspiracy theory.

And Finally (a bit more to do with UFOs)...

To end on a light note, about a year ago, the Church of Scientology received an apology from the London based Sun newspaper, offering an apology to aliens for linking them to Scientology, in response to lawyers from the church demanding an apology.

www.news.com.au...

THE London Sun newspaper has apologised to aliens for linking them with the Church of Scientology.

The one-sentence mock apology, which is trending on Twitter as the "best newspaper apology ever", is the Sun's response to a demand by lawyers advising Scientology's UK branch leaders.

The church - which says humans are aliens who landed on earth - took offence when the Sun published an article about flying saucers sighted over its headquarters in the English countryside.

The church demanded the apology for the article, subtitled "Close encounter of the absurd kind", and got more than it bargained for.

And finally...

Apparently, the Church of Scientology have carved a giant 'hello' to E.T and UFOs.

www.dailymail.co.uk... return-followers-Armageddon-Earth.html

EXCLUSIVE: Pictured up close for the first time, Scientology's 'alien space cathedral and spaceship landing pad' built in the New Mexico desert for the 'return of followers after Armageddon on Earth'

Tunnels stretch for hundreds of feet into cliff behind unassuming facade and reportedly hold sacred texts
Mysterious pair of overlapping circles with a diamond inside believed to be navigation markers for space craft
Compound is 20 miles from nearest town and has a landing strip and its own water supply

Stay tuned for Part III of Space Brothers and the Cult of the UFO ...

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I had a friend that escaped that cult where his family dragged him in. I literally hid him from them at my home to where somehow they found out where he was. They would honestly go through my garbage on trash day. My place is a small ranch outside of city limits. They are absolutely rude and annoying. I finally got fed up with their harassment so I invited a sherif friend over to where we set up a small shotgun target range in the yard. It was only after that, that they stoped following me or hanging out on the edge of my property.

My friend wound up moving out of the country and he hasn't heard from his family since he left the cult. I have heard plenty of stories about their creepy weirdness but keep in mind that those within Scientology are not made aware of Xenu and all that crap until they bilk you of many hundred thousands of dollars and you have spent many tens of years within the organization and have been repeatedly brainwashed.

Anyone interested on the real scoop about Scientology should check out this link: Mark Bunkers XENU TV

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: cuckooold

good job. S&F'd
even the wiki page doesn't have much nice to say..
L.Ron was talking some good smack about the folks at rockefeller plaza, makes me wonder how far down the rabbit hole he managed to explore before carving out his own little niche..

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Absolutely great work/presentation.

A blow to my UFO mind really. As I said, I have not gone down this side/path of UFO-Aliens.

Thank you again and waitin' for #3!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Great work yet again. Looking forward to part III.

Keep up the good work!

-SAP-

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
And yet, E.t still don't give crap.

S&F.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Ah yes, $cientology. I remember doing operation clambake and starting on those forums before coming here. I have watched multiple videos, read countless stories of the cult and how L Ron is a scumbag in general, but the story that still haunts me to this day is Lisa McPherson. The poor girl shouldn't have went through what her "caretakers" put her through. It also gives me chills because Clearwater is just up the road from where my family vacations in St. Petersburg, FL.

I've heard the $cis started to move in to that area recently, most likely to prey on old people, but I try to stay my distance.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
For the Hubbard-haters, please remember that the early-to-mid 1950s Hubbard was an entirely different breed of cat, and imnho came up with so many amazing discoveries and techniques that if he had died in 1958 or so he'd be seen as one of the great minds of the 20th century. Then he went into some cubbyholes of his own making, took the wrong drugs, and began to write-while-stupidly-high, hence the Xenu and other stuff.

I'm not a fan of scientology, as I've said before. Too much emphasis on money and control. Hubbard's data from his important decade, though, first class all the way. What he did basically is take eastern religion and yoga, westernize the language, and come up with techniques to get-people-there fairly quickly. Not bad work from a guy who was such a jerk a few years before (when he himself hadn't been "audited" enough to work on his own stuff) to his friend Jack Parsons and others.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Back in the eighties I got a copy of Diabetics and found the information within valid. Like therapy thatanyone can do. I used the book to audit a friend and she audited me. Soon after I searched out a center that was doing these audits and went for four months worth of auditing at a cost of about $200.00 One night when my session was over I asked my auditor about a poster talking about thetins and was told that I was not ready for the information. Not long after I decided that the whole thing was not for me. When the religious aspect was brought up I was shocked. I quit the organization but continued to receive mail from them for years and years afterward. I never responded to any of it. In 1991 I moved from New York to Virginia. Not long after moving here I get mail from them. You can imagine my shock that they found me four hundred miles away from my last home. I did respond then and told them to never contact me again. I received a few more requests to join them but after a while they did give up. n reply to: Grimpachi

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Once you get on their mailing list you can paper your walls with the onslaught of material they keep sending. Read this, sign up for that, spend money here, on and on for years. Not the way to make friends or influence people, imnho.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What was creepy was that they somehow got my address in Virginia. We had an unlisted phone number so they didn't get it from information and the internet wasn't what it is today in 1991. So I wonder how they found me. a reply to: Aleister

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Jack Parsons (born Marvel Whiteside Parsons) was an American rocket engineer and chemist who worked for NASA, was was instrumental in designing the solid rocket fuel that helped the U.S to get to the moon.
There were no solid fueled rockets in the Apollo program. He may have worked on solid fueled rockets but it didn't have anything to do with getting to the Moon.

Now...back to scientology.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Oh man Scientologists!!!! I grew up in Hollywood. Home of those weirdos. Anyways, this guy I grew up with came from a family of hard core scientologists. So, one day the conversation comes up and we all start making fun of scientology. He denouces it and says he's not really into that "stuff". Were like cool. A half hour later we leave to go somewhere. (probably to eat somewhere)He's driving one of the cars. A buddy asks to put his backpack in the trunk or something. Pops the trunk were all standing there and the trunks filled to the brim with dianetics and "e-meter" machines and other assorted weird Scientology crap. We all sorta looked at each other and were ...."okay?????" later that week his creepy scientologist "enforcer" brother chased us out of the dudes house with a pool stick for nothing that I can recall. Almost like he got tipped off we weren't scientologists. Suddenly we were very unwelcome in their house.

Scientology...Weird stuff yo.

posted on Apr, 25 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
any ideas on the chemical makeup of the "pinks and greys" that Hubbard was popping as part of his "research"?

posted on May, 7 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: conundrummer

fwiw, i think this "unconfirmed" yet interesting material might be worth throwing into the mix at this point..

what aleister said back there

...take eastern religion and yoga, westernize the language, and come up with techniques to get-people-there fairly quickly...

is more-or-less the mechanism being used in various other pickle factories across the world

i think what hubbard did with scientology was a logical extension of the groundwork laid down by people like lovecraft (and like the hubbard/parsons link, i think there's an interesting smokescreen there with lovecraft & some of his "friends")

i think we also got a taste of some of it with the mormon/men-on-the-moon-who-dress-like-quakers material, and that associated slew of pleiadian space-brothers, the theosophical society and similar early 'western' flavored shopfronts

it seems the order of the day is to mix science & spirituality..
preparing the herd for the 21st century & beyond

as joe-sixpack goes into all this "stuff"
does he realize..
..when *they* eventually manage to quantify & explain all his mysteries (with their science and/or whatever)
where does that leave joe sixpack in the scheme of things?
joe is already trying to recycle the garbage the machine continually pumps out for him
joe is already submitting himself to bodyscans to "help fight terrorism"
*cough*

he'll either have to sign-up and get onboard or...
...you tell me, what happens to the "outsider", the one who resists for whatever reason?

as for all these pickle-factories across the world, trying to fill-in the gaps we call prehistory ..no matter how i approach the subject it seems all roads just lead back to rome anyway
...oh, and all hail xenu

posted on Jun, 5 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A bit of news on a current lawsuit concerning Scientology:

www.courthousenews.com...

join