It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New drone strike in Yemen kills 55 Al Qaeda militants

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   
A couple of articles.

A suspected U.S. drone strike in southern Yemen killed 55 militants Monday, in the third deadly attack on an Al Qaeda training camp in the area in several days.
Yemen's interior ministry says among those killed in an hours-long campaign of strikes on the camp in the rugged mountains of Mahfad between Abyan, Shabwa and al-Bayda provinces were three senior members of Al Qaeda. The ministry said the identification process for those killed is ongoing.
New drone strike in Yemen kills 55 Al Qaeda militants

The missions follow the recent targeting of suspected terrorists in the country. On Monday, a suspected U.S. drone strike in southern Yemen killed 68 people, a Yemeni government official said Tuesday, though a list compiled on preliminary DNA testing was not yet complete. The official emphasized that Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula leadership was not the target of the raid.
US personnel sifting through rubble on ground in Yemen after drone strikes, source says

from what i understand from watching the news on fox this morning, Intelligence was gathered from this video reported on here last week. including , location by id'ing the terrain, vehicles, and openly showing their faces.

i think it's great, as many 68 dead cowards and maybe more. now if we could get the coward tailban to do the same as these dumb a@@ al qaeda cowards and make videos that we can id where they are at, their vehicles, and show their faces. maybe they could wipe out these bastards.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Yes but we are not at war with them and we know they were terrorists because they dies on the spot and those that ran away were all civilians.

That's just how good our drones are that they can make these decisions from miles away and hidden from view.

Just how many wars does the USA want to fight all at the same time

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Go fight them face to face.. Only cowards drop drones on peoples heads.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
To me, if you look at this objectively, the cowards are the ones killing people while sitting safely miles away.

It saddens me that due process has just completely gone out the window. They use these drones to kill whoever they want whenever they want, regardless if the country they're operating in even allows them to be there.

Sure, these people probably deserved what they got, but how do we know for sure?

Don Rothwell, an expert in international law at the Australian National University, said there had been fierce debate about the legality of the US drone program and whether it was a form of extra-judicial killing.

''From an international law perspective, aspects of the use of Predator drones remain controversial and the Obama administration has been under significant pressure over their continuing use of drones,'' he said.

Read more: www.smh.com.au... t7.html

ETA: Thought it was funny that window got censored...huh?
edit on 23-4-2014 by Pimpish because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Other people would call that the "smart way"

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

Man why cant you rejoice in the deaths of your fellow man?

68 dead people is a thing to celebrate!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: VirusGuard

excuse me, i do believe we are at war with them the taliban who openly supported al qaeda, by letting them stay in afghanistan and had the chance to turn bin laden over, if they would have done that we never would have went in. and al queada has came out many times saying that they want to kill as many U.S. citizens as possible.

it is a shame that civilians get killed. but there are those that hang out around them that feed and support them that i have no sympathy for. if you hang out with a terrorist you are condoning terrorism. you are known by the company you keep. if person doesn't want to be killed when a strike is aimed at them don't hang out where they hang out.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Must have a lot of trust in these reports. It's sad the civilized people are celebrating the deaths of 55 people, no matter their background. If they (terrorists) feel about us the same way we feel about them - then, logically, it's justified that they celebrate when their attacks are successful.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: muse7

So what? Go fight them face to face and see how smart you are. I couldn't care whether it's the smart way or not, the truth of the matter is someone is sitting behind a controller and probably wouldn't put himself in the firing line on the battlefield because he is a pathetic little coward.
edit on 23-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

So what? Go fight them face to face and see how smart you are.

Lol why?

Why would we put our troops at risk when we have drones that can do their job?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

No mate IT IS NOT shame civilians get killed, it is a glorious celebration of our moral superiority over those who have not yet come to accept our glorious heritage and the planet that rightfully belongs to us.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

why? they don't really fight face to face if they can get out of it. using suicide bombers killing people that are just trying to get by while only managing to kill a few at the most of what they call their enemy. and you can damn well bet that if they had drones they would fly them, and target even more helpless people.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Yeah, the cowards...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Actually, the last time the US declared war it was in WWII. I think they call this a "Military Engagement," or "Extended military combat."

The last "Extended military combat" the US Congress approved was the Iraq war in 2003. I don't ever recall the US declaring war on terrorists, or Al Qaeda or the taliban.

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

So what? Go fight them face to face and see how smart you are.

Lol why?

Why would we put our troops at risk when we have drones that can do their job?

That's a good question.. Your probably right, couldn't win a war in Afghanistan, Iraq is a terrorists haven and you's pretty much walked out of there, I guess the only way you's can fight is with drones because your troops are useless.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: DarknStormy

why? they don't really fight face to face if they can get out of it. using suicide bombers killing people that are just trying to get by while only managing to kill a few at the most of what they call their enemy. and you can damn well bet that if they had drones they would fly them, and target even more helpless people.

You are totaly right!, suicide bombers fail to see the big picture and do not really understand how many people they are NOT killing by there actions. Lucky for us however they are our inferior and cannot smite the enemy like we can in the millions.

Haha the moraly backward enemy does not even know how to kill civilians properly. Noobs.+

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

The ministry said the identification process for those killed is ongoing.

I am willing to bet that there were more than 3 civilian deaths.

Regrettably the Yemeni government is corrupt to the core and will continue to allow and cover up the murder of civilians, and the murder of suspected terrorist without trial, including American citizens.

Anyone who supports this has some serious soul searching to do and perhaps you will get drone striked one day in your backyard during your 4th of July BBQ because you have been deemed a "domestic terrorist" for your "extremist" views.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There is a picture of a truck blown up that is very revealing.
If you look closely you can see a spare 'rim' attached to the bed of the truck, right behind the driver. This is a subtle way of reinforcing the area behind the driver from gunshots. This is part of the tradecraft that is taught in many terrorist organizations.
I have no doubt the were, who we think they were.

edit on 4/23/2014 by AnteBellum because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   
We read so much bad news, see it, finally something good to hear about.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Terrorists main weapons are IED's. They are also not usually around when they go off. (for the coward comments)
I for one can't stand the drone program. It creates more terrorist than it will ever kill.
When it comes to this strike though, with so many confirmed members and leaders in one spot, I can support this one.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join