It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New drone strike in Yemen kills 55 Al Qaeda militants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: TritonTaranis
Wonder whether any of the forums condemners would like to share a meal with these people they defend

Lol

Would be hilarious watching them getting beheaded screaming I was so wrong 5 minutes after a cheerful welcome hug

lol, coming from the person who supports Neo Nazi fascists in the Ukraine of course.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

originally posted by: Skorpy
Drones strikes save Troop lives. That is the main point that matters.

Screw everyone else right?

American Exceptionalism is alive and well on ATS...

There is no moral high ground to justify these strikes no matter which way you look at it.

I disagree

You wouldn't last 5 minutes in the real world

How about you take a trip to Yemen and get back to us

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Wonder whether any of the forums condemners would like to share a meal with these people they defend

Lol

Would be hilarious watching them getting beheaded screaming I was so wrong 5 minutes after a cheerful welcome hug

lol, coming from the person who supports Neo Nazi fascists in the Ukraine of course.

Sure they are

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

i think it's great, as many 68 dead cowards and maybe more. now if we could get the coward tailban to do the same as these dumb a@@ al qaeda cowards and make videos that we can id where they are at, their vehicles, and show their faces. maybe they could wipe out these bastards. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

A pretty disgusting statement I have to say.

Plenty of times these "militants" turn out to be civilians and clear in many cases that they don't know who they're blowing up.

If you think there's something somehow more honourable about incinerating people from thousands of miles away then you have a very skewered definition of the word honour. What Al Qaeda has done and still does is appalling but such behaviour from the U.S. is abhorrent and nothing to be proud of.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: TritonTaranis

Yeah I'm pretty sure they are

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I cannot support the drone strikes. When was the last Al CIAda or Taliban attack on American soil? They only attack us in their own part of the world. Get out of their countries and they cannot kill us. Quit killing innocent civilians and you will quit creating more martyrs and freedom fighters. Every time the government agents claim to have thwarted a "terrorist" cell on American soil it is because they have duped somebody into it through informants, spies, and plants. They even give them the bombs to use. Chances are the poor fools probably never would have even thought about it before they were approached by government provocateurs.

Somebody has to stop killing first. It is those people who will ultimately command the moral high ground.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Yes, yes and later today 100 terrorists are dead after a drone strike at Bundy ranch Bravo! Bravo! well done america.
-with reports like the one in the article you are being taught to unquestioningly praise the death of other people when you don't know the circumstance and you are uncertain of the state of the country.

Personally I look at this and think, - a waste of life. What could have been done to stop this, reducing the number of arms in the country, educating the people, allowing education and making opportunities for people to become more than terrorists, stabilizing the country and giving political power so that people can make statements in other ways than militancy.

People become terrorists for a reason, even if people are insane and are mentally disabled, we help them in the western world yet here i see people celebrating deaths that could have been prevented through the above means. Yes maybe these guys were too "radicalized" and were passed some "point of no return" yet we should look at ourselves or at least the country where this happened and ask how these people could have been prevented from becoming terrorists in the first place. Not celebrating their termination after they have been failed in life.

I dunno, am I strange for valuing human life.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Wow! And you're here condemning the "terrorists".....maybe you should take a good look in the mirror mate.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Wow! And you're here condemning the "terrorists".....maybe you should take a good look in the mirror mate.

The wolfs are always outside the gates my friend

Have been since the dawn of civilisation

And no.. The US wasn't to blame then for them then... if you catch my drift

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Okay then...not sure what that has to do with having a chuckle while someone gets their head cut off...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I was just wondering what the point is to all of this. Obviously the US cannot stay in the region forever. It just is not feasible. And obviously whenever there is a group that can use the teachings of a religion to bring in new recruits, in a country where every single person subscribes to that religion, they will never run out of such recruits. Even if totally obliterated, the group will be able to reform, whether under the same name or not. And those who are funding such operations, who also subscribe to the same religion and thus support these groups on those grounds, will continue to remain "un-bombed" and thus keep funding them.

Muslim doctrine has the concept of Jihad, which is an easy sell to other Muslim males, especially young ones. They give reasons why this is a Holy War, and recruits come from all directions. These Muslim terrorists will never stop, and that is the simple truth. So what I'm wondering is what difference bombing these camps and stuff is actually making? Sure, it is helping to slow down terrorist actions at the moment, but it is inevitable that things will get worse once the US is not able to keep taking these types of actions.

Some would say that once the governments of such nations are self-sufficient, they can take these actions themselves. But like I already stated, all these people are Muslim, and the entire idea of "terrorism" is being billed as a Muslim Holy War. So there are probably going to be people within the government who will support such groups and allow them to exist once the US leaves. They are simply placating the US at the moment, probably to spare their own lives.

So the situation is not all that simple in my opinion. I am not saying the US is necessarily wrong in eliminating this terrorist group's membership, because I do believe that they wish to kill US citizens. They've admitted as much. Whether the US has been justified in all of their actions I cannot say. Probably not, especially considering the amount of collateral damage. But their actions are based on the premise that these groups are the enemy, and there is some truth in this. I suppose I don't really know what the best course of action would be, and I am simply raising questions.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: DodgyDawg

Wow. Ok first thing is they do not believe in education beyond making food,clothes,and money and reading the quran(or being told what it says due to low reading ability) They are taught to never question their religious leaders.

Most of the arms terrorist use are not US made weapons these days.

Stabilize th ecountry and government? not possible right now because the qu ran over rides any form of government they have or would make. Their leaderships restrict the oppurtunities they have and can get as well.

People become terrorist for a reason. Thats true,but they have been terrorist in the med since the days before the modern times after the Old testament days. Arabs would kill,rob,and threaten anyone they came across back then terrorizing the populations.

The middle easterners will not accept help of any form if they are not all muslim. The only way to had prevented them from being terrorist would be to go back in time and kill Ishmail and his mother preventing them from ever existing. But seeing as how that is not possible. Instituting a death penalty against the Male heirs of the family for actions their father had taken could be a solution.

That or introducing a tailored virus to cut birth of males down and increase female births instead. The tailored virus is the more humane option but takes longer.

Is it nazi level super science? maybe,but the options are geting pretty thin.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It been known for years that Iran has been supplying the Taliban with ammo.
The US just can not prove if its the government of Iran or gun runners out of Iran.

Some of the ammo goes from Iran through Pakistan then into Afghanistan.

There also has been Chinese ammo found in Afghanistan.
edit on 23-4-2014 by ANNED because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09

i think it's great, as many 68 dead cowards and maybe more. now if we could get the coward tailban to do the same as these dumb a@@ al qaeda cowards and make videos that we can id where they are at, their vehicles, and show their faces. maybe they could wipe out these bastards. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Plenty of times these "militants" turn out to be civilians and clear in many cases that they don't know who they're blowing up.

If you think there's something somehow more honourable about incinerating people from thousands of miles away then you have a very skewered definition of the word honour. What Al Qaeda has done and still does is appalling but such behaviour from the U.S. is abhorrent and nothing to be proud of.

Anyone who runs is a Al Qaeda militant. Anyone who stands still is a well disciplined Al Qaeda militant.
...And that's what they'll say when the hell fires start falling over here.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

Go fight them face to face.. Only cowards drop drones on peoples heads.

shall we wear shining armor and ride horses carrying swords?

naw, hellfire missiles from above is all they deserve.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cestrup
a reply to: muse7

Must have a lot of trust in these reports. It's sad the civilized people are celebrating the deaths of 55 people, no matter their background. If they (terrorists) feel about us the same way we feel about them - then, logically, it's justified that they celebrate when their attacks are successful.

gee, how many died in the SK ferry?

they went to do something fun.

like some that went to work on the morning of......wait for it.....wait for it....
awww, i can't fool you guys.
9/11/01!!!

keep killing them for the next 10000yrs if need be.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Corruption Exposed

originally posted by: Skorpy
Drones strikes save Troop lives. That is the main point that matters.

Screw everyone else right?

American Exceptionalism is alive and well on ATS...

There is no moral high ground to justify these strikes no matter which way you look at it.

I disagree

You wouldn't last 5 minutes in the real world

How about you take a trip to Yemen and get back to us

if they find out he is american, they'd pay for his tic and end up on you-tube.

not in a good way.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kram09

too bad. they do the same more often.

what honor do they get blowing up a market of women and kids?

their own people!

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: groingrinder
I cannot support the drone strikes. When was the last Al CIAda or Taliban attack on American soil? They only attack us in their own part of the world. Get out of their countries and they cannot kill us. Quit killing innocent civilians and you will quit creating more martyrs and freedom fighters. Every time the government agents claim to have thwarted a "terrorist" cell on American soil it is because they have duped somebody into it through informants, spies, and plants. They even give them the bombs to use. Chances are the poor fools probably never would have even thought about it before they were approached by government provocateurs.

Somebody has to stop killing first. It is those people who will ultimately command the moral high ground.

i do the laff at your post.

let them stop the killing first.

posted on Apr, 24 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Its a known fact that the ''terrorists'' are usually civilian non-comabatants, including women and children. I cant wait for the day they start using drones on American civilians domestic terrorists...you know those bad people that the US government ''declares'' as terrorists. Hopefully, some of the ATSers cheering on the drones experience first hand what drones can do to homes and families.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join