It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New drone strike in Yemen kills 55 Al Qaeda militants

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy

originally posted by: muse7

a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Go fight them face to face.. Only cowards drop drones on peoples heads.

Other people would call that the "smart way"

So what? Go fight them face to face and see how smart you are.

Lol why?

Why would we put our troops at risk when we have drones that can do their job?

That's a good question.. Your probably right, couldn't win a war in Afghanistan, Iraq is a terrorists haven and you's pretty much walked out of there, I guess the only way you's can fight is with drones because your troops are useless.

Oh man look at you dropping some truth bombs!

Lol

Couldn't win a war in afghanistan? The goal in Afghanistan was to remove the Taliban from power which was accomplished and the troops are being pulled out.

Look

When you have options available to you which make it possible to take out the enemy without putting your own troops at risk, and not using them then that would be very stupid.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: DarknStormy

why? they don't really fight face to face if they can get out of it. using suicide bombers killing people that are just trying to get by while only managing to kill a few at the most of what they call their enemy. and you can damn well bet that if they had drones they would fly them, and target even more helpless people.

No, if they had drones they would probably get as close to America as they could and you would see what they were going through over the past decade and then maybe you would understand why people like this continue to fight against Imperialism.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

a reply to: VirusGuard

excuse me, i do believe we are at war with them the taliban who openly supported al qaeda, by letting them stay in afghanistan and had the chance to turn bin laden over, if they would have done that we never would have went in. and al queada has came out many times saying that they want to kill as many U.S. citizens as possible.

it is a shame that civilians get killed. but there are those that hang out around them that feed and support them that i have no sympathy for. if you hang out with a terrorist you are condoning terrorism. you are known by the company you keep. if person doesn't want to be killed when a strike is aimed at them don't hang out where they hang out.

With that logic, we should bomb the snip out of Chicago. You know, the "war on drugs" and all. Screw the innocent people, they knew there was drug dealers around. Everybody dies!

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Is Al-Qaeda a terrorist organization, country's militia, an allied army consisting of several countries, or some made up story to incite negative emotions towards other humans with different cultures? This all propaganda huh?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: o0oTOPCATo0o

Terrorists main weapons are IED's. They are also not usually around when they go off. (for the coward comments)

Can you prove with 100% certainty that the victims of this strike have in fact participated in IED attacks? Who are we going to believe, the failed American "intelligence" model? Or perhaps the corrupt Yemeni government?

I'm not saying that I know for a fact that these people were terrorists or not but people are cheering on the death of at least 55 people (probably more) without a shred of evidence that indicated they were in fact terrorists.

The moral way to do this would have been for the Yemeni government to move in with their own military and investigate and act accordingly to their laws/polices - whatever those may be.

The American government is not at war with Yemen or any of the other countries they are droning but they are waging a war against "terror". If they were really waging war against terror they would drone the White House and Pentagon as that is where most the world's terror originates.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Captain America: You're not the guy to make the sacrifice play, to lay down on a wire and let the other guy crawl over you.

Tony Stark: I think I would just cut the wire.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Oh man look at you dropping some truth bombs!

Lol

Couldn't win a war in afghanistan? The goal in Afghanistan was to remove the Taliban from power which was accomplished and the troops are being pulled out.

The Taliban have still got many provinces under their control and to the point they openly walk around the streets amongst the civilians.

When you have options available to you which make it possible to take out the enemy without putting your own troops at risk, and not using them then that would be very stupid.

But most of the people who die from drones strikes are not your enemy, they are innocent civilians getting married, at funerals, and innocents in general. All drones achieve is more hatred and then you wonder why more terrorists keep popping up in new places, they probably lost a mother, father, a child. If someone's government droned my daughter I'd be signing up with the enemy of that government tomorrow.
edit on 23-4-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pimpish
To me, if you look at this objectively, the cowards are the ones killing people while sitting safely miles away.

It saddens me that due process has just completely gone out the window. They use these drones to kill whoever they want whenever they want, regardless if the country they're operating in even allows them to be there.

Sure, these people probably deserved what they got, but how do we know for sure?

Don Rothwell, an expert in international law at the Australian National University, said there had been fierce debate about the legality of the US drone program and whether it was a form of extra-judicial killing.

''From an international law perspective, aspects of the use of Predator drones remain controversial and the Obama administration has been under significant pressure over their continuing use of drones,'' he said.

Read more: www.smh.com.au... t7.html

ETA: Thought it was funny that window got censored...huh?

To me, if you look at this objectively, the cowards are the ones killing people while sitting safely miles away.

at least they are sitting in a somewhat secure military installation, and not in some some poor peoples house, school,
office building or any other place that has what they are trying to use as a shield from attack.

It saddens me that due process has just completely gone out the window. They use these drones to kill whoever they want whenever they want, regardless if the country they're operating in even allows them to be there.

what about the people that they kill with out due process, they try and do kill whenever and who ever they can.

Sure, these people probably deserved what they got, but how do we know for sure?

becuase the leader was in the video with his face uncovered, and has made numerous statements about how he wants to kill U.S. citizens, troops and all who support them. the video was what you could trem as a pep really, to get all the jihadists fired up.

Don Rothwell, an expert in international law at the Australian National University, said there had been fierce debate about the legality of the US drone program and whether it was a form of extra-judicial killing. ''From an international law perspective, aspects of the use of Predator drones remain controversial and the Obama administration has been under significant pressure over their continuing use of drones,'' he said. Read more: www.smh.com.au... t7.html

i wonder what ol don or the rest of the international community would be saying if their embassy's, military and citizens were the targets of these cowards.

edit on 23-4-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Are we allowed to shout "Allahu Akbar" now?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

a reply to: VirusGuard

excuse me, i do believe we are at war with them the taliban who openly supported al qaeda, by letting them stay in afghanistan and had the chance to turn bin laden over

Not Yemem then its just we have a few Muslims in the country, we know they all terrorists so that makes it's alright then and we can bomb anyone why harping back to the 9/11 incident I guess.

Don't get me wrong I would be with you if I though Muslims did 9-11 but I don't and I would go along with any excuse I could to kill them all was that the case.

I don't know the excuses some people will come up with to excuse killing woman and children all from the safety of being 20,000 ft overhead or on the other side of the world.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

By 55 Al Qaeda militants, they mean 1 suspect, 38 children, 16 women... I don't trust these drone strikes one bit and I believe there's a lot of collateral damage that gets swept under the rug and ignored...

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
You "peace nazi's" are clueless on reallity that your heads will be removed with rusty knives if Al Queada gets it's way.
Comprende?

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Sob Sob........ Cry me a river.

I will never feel bad about killing threats with Zero chance of casualties on our side.

Maybe we should be all Chivalrous and Give them a chance to show themselves before they die??

AQitAP got exactly what was coming to them. Plus it was STUPID to post that large gathering video. They might as well checked in on Foursquare. Bet they won't do that again, oh wait....they are all DEAD.

For those civilians, I would humbly suggest that hanging out with those types gets you the same treatment as a terrorist. Don't want to die? Don't hang out with Terrorists, don't let them operate around you. It's pretty simple.

Sniffle, Sniffle.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

here you go, check why Yemem is a bastion for hatred when it comes to the USA and the West.

[

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Corruption Exposed
Of course I can't prove anything. I was just bringing up that point because people were calling one group cowards for their tactics and not the other for their equally "cowardly" tactics.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:47 AM
link   

this is false, obama haa already said that al qaeda has been defeated and on the run. he told us so on the tele.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

I don't care, my country hasn't had a terrorist attack, everything falls back on your country and I'm happy with that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I don't care, my country hasn't had a terrorist attack, everything falls back on your country and I'm happy with that.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   

So would your viewpoint change if your country had a terrorist attack? Just curious.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

what about the people that they kill with out due process, they try and do kill whenever and who ever they can.

Ah, OK. I guess in this case two wrongs do make a right.

You reap what you sow. Let me ask you a question, why do you think these terrorists exist? Perhaps the way we operate on foreign soil has something to do with it? Sticking our nose into everyone's business when we have no reason/right to?

Why did we have that engagement in Iraq? Oh yeah, I forgot, they flew planes into the twin towers and the pentagon. Wait, what? It wasn't them and they weren't involved you say? Well, they had weapons of mass destruction, so we had to go in there anyway. Wait, you say they didn't actually have any of these so called weapons of mass destruction?

Sure, Saddam was a bad guy and he got exactly what he deserved. But it wasn't the US that should have brought him to justice. We had no business being there. Do you think perhaps some more people joined terrorist organizations because of our actions there? Again, you reap what you sow.

Here's another article with some other information on this drone strike - www.thebureauinvestigates.com...

There were civilians killed. I guess they deserved it for not immediately attacking our enemies on sight. Like was mentioned earlier, I guess we should just start bombing detroit, chicago, any area where there's crime. Screw the civilians, they shouldn't have let that happen near them.

In that same article it mentions how the US did a drone strike on a wedding and killed innocent civilians. Do you think their relatives were thinking, "Well, they shouldn't have been near the terrorists." I'm thinking more likely they would want to join up with the people fighting against that sort of nonsense.

Killing innocent people is not OK.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join