It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
a reply to: rickynews

Fine, great song. But I think that it's more a question of if religious people could please let it be and stop trying to convert people who just want to be left alone. I'm very polite to the people who knock on our front door and try and give me pamphlets, but it is annoying. I note that I don't go around to other people's houses and try to convert them to atheism.

Fair enough..., yet just reading many posts here on ATS, many atheists seemingly push their misguided ideology and atheism as a means to convert as well. Works both ways.

???? Atheists come from all corners of the globe and have all kinds of politics. I know Conservatives who are Atheists, just as I know Liberals who are atheists. Saying that atheists have a 'misguided ideology' is a staggeringly vast generalisation. Utterly incorrect as well.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Fine, great song. But I think that it's more a question of if religious people could please let it be and stop trying to convert people who just want to be left alone. I'm very polite to the people who knock on our front door and try and give me pamphlets, but it is annoying. I note that I don't go around to other people's houses and try to convert them to atheism.

Fair enough..., yet just reading many posts here on ATS, many atheists seemingly push their misguided ideology and atheism as a means to convert as well. Works both ways.

???? Atheists come from all corners of the globe and have all kinds of politics. I know Conservatives who are Atheists, just as I know Liberals who are atheists. Saying that atheists have a 'misguided ideology' is a staggeringly vast generalisation. Utterly incorrect as well.

Atheist ideology has it voice, albeit very few in the single digits (if even that). Faiths also have their voice, as they recognize and give praise, glory and honor to The Almighty God and Creator, including but not limited to Christians, Jewish, Muslims, Buddhists, and Hindus alike. The higher collective conscience mind and soul of humanity is not of Atheistic ideology. In fact, its not even remotely close to your fellow human beings here on planet Earth. Therefore, it could be considered a sort of spiritual shortcoming, or some sort of mental illness of some kind... who knows?
edit on 10-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
You fundies crack me up...

So now atheists are communists, satanists, and mentally ill.....comedy doesnt get much better than this.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I think that you're trying to claim that the number of atheists is very small. I beg to differ. Census results all over the world show rising numbers. Some studies even claim that 30-40% of people in the UK think that there is no such thing as god, which is a figure that makes me very hopeful indeed.

(post by ArtemisE removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ArtemisE

If you go after the player, and not the ball here on ATS, they will close down the discussion for a Staff Review - just so you and all know. Personal attacks on anybody are not considered cool.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AngryCymraeg

You mean a Christian is being hypocritical... No way! Lmao again

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

If you go after the player, and not the ball here on ATS, they will close down the discussion for a Staff Review - just so you and all know. Personal attacks on anybody are not considered cool.

And claiming that atheists are mentally ill isn't a personal attack? Nice standards you have there.

I was asking a question, that's all...what I am specifically referring to is when you personally attack somebody, as in the singular, with insults and personalize it. Groups of anything are open to critical thinking and evaluation of their beliefs or thinking, am I right? There is a distinct difference, and I know most intelligent people recognize said difference.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

And claiming that atheists are mentally ill isn't a personal attack? Nice standards you have there.

I was asking a question, that's all...what I am specifically referring to is when you personally attack somebody, as in the singular, with insults and personalize it. Groups of anything are open to critical thinking and evaluation of their beliefs or thinking, am I right? There is a distinct difference, and I know most intelligent people recognize said difference.

Then here's an answer: no, atheism is not classified, in any way shape or form, as a mental illness.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Then here's an answer: no, atheism is not classified, in any way shape or form, as a mental illness.

That's what you say. I'm entitled to have my doubts.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Actually I would say lumping all Christians or atheists into one group and saying " all " of them act or feel one way is way worse then pointing at one yahoo who there is evidence for him being a yahoo. Think racism if I say that black person is lazy, it might be true. If I say all black people are lazy it's derogatory.

So basically you can dish it out but not take it. There's that good ole hypocracy again.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

That's what you say. I'm entitled to have my doubts.

I see. So you've just resorted to insults. Baseless insults. That or you're trolling. Ok, I'll play for a while. Why on earth would you believe anything as astonishingly ignorant as the 'theory' (if it can be called that) that all atheists are mentally ill? Come on, surprise me.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

I think there are those Atheists who pretend or try to "self-convince" that they don't believe in an Almighty and Eternal God, and are really just out looking for some answers to their many questions - just like we all are in a way or another, and they are interested in the thoughts of others on the topic. Then, there may be the so called "hard-core" atheists who really believe in, well....nothing.

What the %'s are, no one can ever tell, because mind and soul reading isn't available.

My guess is that 70-80% of all atheists actually believe in God and are looking for answers to life's mysteries, and about 20-30% really believe in..., well...nothing. Just my guess though.

The hard-core atheists, IMO, may have either a spiritual shortcoming, or a mental illness of sorts. Something isn't right there.
Jeffery Dahmer
Pol Pot
Joseph Stalin

Something just isn't right there...

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I think there are those Atheists who pretend or try to "self-convince" that they don't believe in an Almighty and Eternal God, and are really just out looking for some answers to their many questions - just like we all are in a way or another, and they are interested in the thoughts of others on the topic. Then, there may be the so called "hard-core" atheists who really believe in, well....nothing.

What the %'s are, no one can ever tell, because mind and soul reading isn't available.

My guess is that 70-80% of all atheists actually believe in God and are looking for answers to life's mysteries, and about 20-30% really believe in..., well...nothing. Just my guess though.

Then I think that you don't know any atheists, or perhaps atheists are unwilling to explain their beliefs to you, given the fact that you have leapt to the spectacularly wrong conclusion that atheists are mentally ill. That is the biggest leap of illogic I've seen on here in some time. Breathtaking.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Then I think that you don't know any atheists, or perhaps atheists are unwilling to explain their beliefs to you, given the fact that you have leapt to the spectacularly wrong conclusion that atheists are mentally ill. That is the biggest leap of illogic I've seen on here in some time. Breathtaking.

You don't think that the short list of hard-core atheists I listed, are mentally ill or at least spiritually flawed?

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

I see. So you bring out the usual list of insane people who were atheists. By the way, Stalin started off as a Russian Orthodox monk. What makes them worse than the leaders of the Spanish Inquisition, the monks who burnt the histories of the Incas and Aztecs, the leaders of the First Crusade, which swam in blood in Jerusalem, Louis XIV, Tilly at Magdeburg... where do I stop? All were intensely religious. All had hands drenched in blood.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

I see. So you bring out the usual list of insane people who were atheists. By the way, Stalin started off as a Russian Orthodox monk. What makes them worse than the leaders of the Spanish Inquisition, the monks who burnt the histories of the Incas and Aztecs, the leaders of the First Crusade, which swam in blood in Jerusalem, Louis XIV, Tilly at Magdeburg... where do I stop? All were intensely religious. All had hands drenched in blood.

You still didn't answer - as to whether you think the list of history's known hard-core atheists are either mentally ill, or spiritually flawed.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   

You still didn't answer - as to whether you think the list of history's known hard-core atheists are either mentally ill, or spiritually flawed.

Two of the list that you brought up could be classified as power-hungry sociopaths. The third, Dahmer was insane. Which is why I suspect that you listed them. Here's another list - Heraclitus, Yitzhak Rabin, Nehru, Clemenceau, Clem Attlee, Nick Clegg, Niels Bohr and Stephen Hawking. All are or were (as some are now dead) atheists.

posted on May, 10 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Two of the list that you brought up could be classified as power-hungry sociopaths. The third, Dahmer was insane. Which is why I suspect that you listed them. Here's another list - Heraclitus, Yitzhak Rabin, Nehru, Clemenceau, Clem Attlee, Nick Clegg, Niels Bohr and Stephen Hawking. All are or were (as some are now dead) atheists.

I think some atheists have made their contributions, while others were either insane, mentally ill or spiritually flawed, or all of the above.

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39 >>

join