It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Atheist just a cover for Satanists?

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: maxzen2004

Video: Atheism Defeated

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickynews

Video: The Atheists - Satanists Connection

Did anyone mention to you by any chance that not everything you find on internet or youtube is true?

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Did anyone mention to you by any chance that not everything you find on internet or youtube is true?

....do you mean to say that that Nigerian princess who wrote a personal email to me about sharing the ginormous box of gold bars that her father left her might be, well, fibbing?

On a more serious note I'm an atheist and I am most decidedly not a communist.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg
Not paying your taxes is illegal. The taxes we pay helps to fund everything around us. I merely pointed out that failure to pay your taxes will get you arrested.
So... Violence will be used against me by a group of people we call the government to enforce whatever that group of people think is right. Is that good or bad? It's not a hard question. I think you know the answer but are resistant to it. Oh well, Let's leave it at this. It's kind of off-topic
Carry on.

posted on May, 5 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

originally posted by: DarknStormy
Religiously speaking all atheists are Satanists. If you do not believe in the Biblical God etc, you are considered a Satanist to that religion and that is it. No arguing, no ifs and buts, it just is and there is nothing anyone can do about it unless they go and change the Bible themselves or something.

Erm, no. Atheists also believe that Satan is a myth.

Atheists can think what they want, but from the perspective of religion, Atheists are Satanists.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DarknStormy

Agreed. But that doesn't make religion true... But your right according to Christianity anything not Christian is the devil.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

That's true, yet not everything on youtube is false either. Works both ways, and its up to the reader or viewer to decide.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

That's true, yet not everything on youtube is false either. Works both ways, and its up to the reader or viewer to decide.

So everyone should be judge at what is right and wrong, true and lie... not sure if it works that way.

There is some common sense, and there is mutual agreement among people at what is acceptable and what is not.

For example, even religious books not only support slavery, they even go to extent to give clear rules on how to work/take care of slaves - today it is common sense that this is wrong, that we are all equal and that there should not be slavery - thus slavery is abolished.

You can still believe all you want - that bible is right to give you rules regarding slavery - but no, not only that is not OK, it is very wrong and immoral.

Communism and atheism except from some communist being atheist has not much to do together. If we are atheist, would you make the same connection with democracy as well?

Satanism is made up by religion and in reality has not much to do with someone being atheist.

It is just need of religion to label everything that is against it - to approve wars and mass killings of inocent people through history. (witch hunts, wars against barbarians etc.)

I know very well, my country of origin, where my ancestors lived had its own church witch was labeled 'heretic' because they did not recognize Pope, so they were called 'Satanist'... and later exterminated almost to extinction.
edit on 6-5-2014 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

Could slavery of been a major issue back in ancient times? If so, then why would there be an issue writing about it and trying to set guidelines on how to treat those people? We don't have this issue today though I'm sure slavery is in full operation in some parts of the world but we cannot judge something that we have not lived through and I think you will find that the teachings about slavery were for that part of history and not today's world.

The other thing we must remember is that slavery could become a problem at any time and just because we are not subject to it right now doesn't mean it cannot happen in the future either. We should be reading those parts of the Bible and understand how lucky we are compared to others if they were subject to serving people against their will in the past.

We need to look through the world we live in today and realise that thins were not always like they are today. Bad things happened in the past, bad things are still happening now.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Could slavery of been a major issue back in ancient times? If so, then why would there be an issue writing about it and trying to set guidelines on how to treat those people? We don't have this issue today though I'm sure slavery is in full operation in some parts of the world but we cannot judge something that we have not lived through and I think you will find that the teachings about slavery were for that part of history and not today's world.

So then all this time that I've been disgusted by acts perpetrated against Jews, Romani, the invalid and mentally ill, Communists, Anarchists etc... during WW2 has been a complete waste then I guess according to this profound revelation. Seriously, I hate to break it to you but YES we can and we WILL judge the shady happenings of human history. It's how things become history as opposed to being perpetrated in our present. And I do agree with you, that those teachings were for a particular part of history...that the god of Abraham made it OK to own other people. That god is still that god. It nor its tenets have been altered, only the societies outside of the religions propping up the biggest mass murderer in history have changed. i.e. the rest of the world. When the Pentateuch was written the Greeks were praying to Zeus and Apollo and we look back at them as silly fools for it but at the time of Alexander those gods were as real as jesus to the greeks. More to my original point though... if those teachings were made specifically for bronze age Hebrews, why the heck are those texcts still controlling such a huge part of western life and politics? if it was for that time and is by your own anachronistic, why are people still utilizing those texts?

The other thing we must remember is that slavery could become a problem at any time and just because we are not subject to it right now doesn't mean it cannot happen in the future either. We should be reading those parts of the Bible and understand how lucky we are compared to others if they were subject to serving people against their will in the past.

I really am sorry for the harshness of this but... That's absolutely the most ludicrous rationale I've ever heard for reading the bible and analyzing its texts. Seriously, to realize how lucky we are? you just don't seem to see the point that you are making excuses for people following a sadistic, alleged deity who was all for raping sisters, incest between daughters and father, killing allof humanity because he gave them free will and those talking monkeys had the balls to use it... the entire premise you are positing is insane.

We need to look through the world we live in today and realise that thins were not always like they are today. Bad things happened in the past, bad things are still happening now.

right they are...and as long as bad people are around bad things will always occur. Why hasn't the good book eliminated all of that after a couple of millennia? it's a long con for the rubes to keep the masses placated plain and simple.

posted on May, 6 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

All what peter vlar has said - and on top of that - just little thing that none of books, including Qur'an prohibited slavery. Shouldn't god, with all of his children being equal, require an equality between them?

Let's see how this was used to promote Islam - in the same country that was purged by Christians because local population had its own religion, was abandoned in middle age from Europe, left for Ottomans to conquer. What do you think was offer for those who were imprisoned into slavery, or slaves overall as price for freedom?

Is that what 'holy' book promoted?

And surely we should be able to judge, for example if an older gentlemen has a dream to marry child... and then does exactly that...

Is that one of the reasons you would not like to judge what used to be 'normal' back 1,300-1,400 years ago?

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

That is the most meaningless proof of god video in history. Since we don't know everything god must be real! Ridiculous!

I really hope you true believers keep on talking. You make the atheist point for us by pretending circular logic is PROOF! Any intellegent person who hears y'all knows your logic is false. While the other side is providing evidence.

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Remember all you freedom loving conservatives. Your supposed to treat your master as if he was Christ himself. Since barrack is trying to crown himself king ( lmao you guys are silly) you should be treating him like Christ himself. Unless you only follow the rules you want to of course.

Ephesians 6:5-9: "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ; Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart; With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men: Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him."

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
How can it be said more simply than already stated?

To the OP:

NO.

I'm agnostic, but but I understand the atheist point of view very well (I teeter on that fence everyday of my life)...

Op:

No, No, NO.
edit on 5/8/2014 by Chamberf=6 because: 1 letter

posted on May, 8 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

All what peter vlar has said - and on top of that - just little thing that none of books, including Qur'an prohibited slavery. Shouldn't god, with all of his children being equal, require an equality between them?

And the world is equal today? Give me a break.

And surely we should be able to judge, for example if an older gentlemen has a dream to marry child... and then does exactly that...

Is that one of the reasons you would not like to judge what used to be 'normal' back 1,300-1,400 years ago?

I'll happily give my opinion on the way things were 1400 years ago... But what you believe and what is actually fact are two different things.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   

And the world is equal today? Give me a break.

It is much more equal. We still have somewhat homophobic people, also sexes are yet to be completely equal, but much better then long time ago... and not because of holy books - but because we humans recognize that not all directions from those holy books should be followed...

I'll happily give my opinion on the way things were 1400 years ago... But what you believe and what is actually fact are two different things.

I would love to hear about that 'actual' fact and your belief... Please give us your opinion... I believe you know what example I would like to hear...

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I always think it's funny when people pretend the world is going to $**!.

Appearently they don't know there history lol. The Romans would put every man woman and child in a city to the sword. We no longer have legal slavery anywhere in the world. Women are allowed to read. The black plauge killed MILLIONS. As jacked up as the world is. With the exception of the environment this is probubally the calmest, safest, and most peaceful era in history. :p

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Chamberf=6

Here is a short reading from the Acts of the Apostles, which is both documented and in the world historical record.

And yes indeed, although some may not like this reality, the Holy Bible is a Historical document, and the oldest document of history.

Come on now you good atheists, keep an open mind and don't be afraid of a short, historical story. I promise it won't hurt you any.

Anyway, I couldn't help but think of some atheists who once found themselves just as Saul once was, until...

Acts 9: 1 - 20
But Saul, still breathing threats and murder against the disciples of the Lord, went to the high priest
and asked him for letters to the synagogues at Damascus, so that if he found any belonging to the Way, men or women, he might bring them bound to Jerusalem.
Now as he journeyed he approached Damascus, and suddenly a light from heaven flashed about him.
And he fell to the ground and heard a voice saying to him, "Saul, Saul, why do you persecute me?"
And he said, "Who are you, Lord?" And he said, "I am Jesus, whom you are persecuting;
but rise and enter the city, and you will be told what you are to do."
The men who were traveling with him stood speechless, hearing the voice but seeing no one.
Saul arose from the ground; and when his eyes were opened, he could see nothing; so they led him by the hand and brought him into Damascus.
And for three days he was without sight, and neither ate nor drank.
Now there was a disciple at Damascus named Anani'as. The Lord said to him in a vision, "Anani'as." And he said, "Here I am, Lord."
And the Lord said to him, "Rise and go to the street called Straight, and inquire in the house of Judas for a man of Tarsus named Saul; for behold, he is praying,
and he has seen a man named Anani'as come in and lay his hands on him so that he might regain his sight."
But Anani'as answered, "Lord, I have heard from many about this man, how much evil he has done to thy saints at Jerusalem;
and here he has authority from the chief priests to bind all who call upon thy name."
But the Lord said to him, "Go, for he is a chosen instrument of mine to carry my name before the Gentiles and kings and the sons of Israel;
for I will show him how much he must suffer for the sake of my name."
So Anani'as departed and entered the house. And laying his hands on him he said, "Brother Saul, the Lord Jesus who appeared to you on the road by which you came, has sent me that you may regain your sight and be filled with the Holy Spirit."
And immediately something like scales fell from his eyes and he regained his sight. Then he rose and was baptized,
and took food and was strengthened. For several days he was with the disciples at Damascus.
And in the synagogues immediately he proclaimed Jesus, saying, "He is the Son of God."

edit on 9-5-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: rickynews

The bible isn't even close to the oldest historical document. The cronicles of Gilgamesh are like a thousand years older then the Hebrews. Lmao

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: peter vlar

So then all this time that I've been disgusted by acts perpetrated against Jews, Romani, the invalid and mentally ill, Communists, Anarchists etc... during WW2 has been a complete waste then I guess according to this profound revelation.

No, but what does any of the above have to do with religion apart from religious people being persecuted for being religious?

Seriously, I hate to break it to you but YES we can and we WILL judge the shady happenings of human history. It's how things become history as opposed to being perpetrated in our present. And I do agree with you, that those teachings were for a particular part of history...that the god of Abraham made it OK to own other people. That god is still that god. It nor its tenets have been altered, only the societies outside of the religions propping up the biggest mass murderer in history have changed. i.e. the rest of the world.

OK, so let's judge the old teachings then. Firstly, slavery is not commended in the Old Testament, the teachings were there to protect anyone who found themselves in slavery and I guess if people were found in the same situation today those writings could also serve as a guideline. How do I know that the Bible doesn't promote slavery? Because of the following:

"He who kidnaps a man, whether he sells him or he is found in his possession, shall surely be put to death." (Exodus 21:16)

The person selling someone into slavery or using them for slavery is the person who is condemned and that person should be punished with death.

Slavery in the Bible So, although there are rules about slavery in the Bible, those rules exist to protect the slave. Injuring or killing slaves was punishable - up to death of the offending party.1 Hebrews were commanded not to make their slave work on the Sabbath,2 slander a slave,3 have sex with another man's slave,4 or return an escaped slave.5 A Hebrew was not to enslave his fellow countryman, even if he owed him money, but was to have him work as a hired worker, and he was to be released in 7 years or in the year of jubilee (which occurred every 50 years), whichever came first.6 In fact, the slave owner was encouraged to "pamper his slave".

When the Pentateuch was written the Greeks were praying to Zeus and Apollo and we look back at them as silly fools for it but at the time of Alexander those gods were as real as jesus to the greeks. More to my original point though... if those teachings were made specifically for bronze age Hebrews, why the heck are those texcts still controlling such a huge part of western life and politics? if it was for that time and is by your own anachronistic, why are people still utilizing those texts?

The Jewish law comes from the Old Testament so obviously these are still significant to the Jews. As for Western Politics, religion doesn't play any part and is not responsible for anything Western Politics decide to do either. As for Society, judge them by the book and see how much influence these teachings have, you will find that they have no influence at all amongst so-called Christians and Jews.

I really am sorry for the harshness of this but... That's absolutely the most ludicrous rationale I've ever heard for reading the bible and analyzing its texts. Seriously, to realize how lucky we are? you just don't seem to see the point that you are making excuses for people following a sadistic, alleged deity who was all for raping sisters, incest between daughters and father, killing allof humanity because he gave them free will and those talking monkeys had the balls to use it... the entire premise you are positing is insane.

You better read it again and again because to me, you are missing critical parts of information which make your accusations null and fraudulent. Before you call my posting insane, understand the teachings.

right they are...and as long as bad people are around bad things will always occur. Why hasn't the good book eliminated all of that after a couple of millennia? it's a long con for the rubes to keep the masses placated plain and simple.

Because it's not the Good Books job to eliminate the bad things, people are supposed to eliminate the bad things using the Good Book as a guideline, as we can see today, it hasn't worked and Democracy is an absolute failure when it comes to human rights and Good things.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join