It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Too Big To Prosecute?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Today on Off The Grid, we're talking about General Motors, a company that would rather recall 2.6 million cars than fix a defective 57 cent part. On top of that, they will most likely not be held accountable for their actions and to the same standard that we are held to as individuals. What do you think should happen to GM?

Here is a short clip or you can watch the full Bailout Busters: General Motors episode at Ora.TV

See more at Off The Grid on Ora.TV

Follow Jesse on Twitter

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Don't buy GM, problem solved.

That's highly unlikely tho.
edit on AprX61000 by MX61000 because: V

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   
My verdict:

To big to prosecute.
To many far reaching consequences if prosecuted
Lesser of two evils scenario

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:09 PM
link   
a reply to: OFFTHEGRID

I think we should start prosecuting bankers then the rest will fall into place,however that won't happen ..until jessie becomes POTUS!
Just sayin

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   
This country is no longer a nation, and neither are its neighbors. This society is a business. Their is no diplomacy, their is no God, their is only the money that is transferred from corporation to corporation sucking the middle-class dry of the profitable crumbs. The middle-class is nothing more than a vapid bystander that operates arbitrarily without care.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepherd111223

And the response is that we are hopelessly in debt. Somebody is getting paid out there, and it's hopelessly criminal. Maybe some day a conflict of interest will be seen.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Government Motors can do what they want now that they are in with the Feds. The whole too big to fail, too big to prosecute is total BS.

And the latest is the kid that killed 4 people in a DUI and couldn't go to prison because he has, according to his psychiatrist at trial, "Affluenza". So, the rich and well off are above the law now? It is sadly that in your face. Crush the little guy to feed the giant.

(CNN) -- A judge on Wednesday ordered that Ethan Couch -- who drove drunk and caused a crash, killing four people and injuring two -- go to a lock-down residential treatment facility. State District Judge Jean Boyd had already decided the Texas teenager would serve no jail time. He was sentenced last year to 10 years' probation. His story made national headlines after a witness claimed Couch was a victim of "affluenza" -- the product of wealthy, privileged parents who never set limits for the boy.

Affluenza Story

I voted with my money buying a Ford truck instead of a Chevy for the first time in my life of 49 years. I was always a Chevy man. But Government Motors cured me of that. I don't want them under my hood!

edit on 22/4/14 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Shepherd111223

This country is no longer a nation, and neither are its neighbors. This society is a business

Has it ever operated contrary to what you have described....? Nope. Stating the obvious just depresses those ignorant to the truth.
edit on 22-4-2014 by BaneOfQuo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Really could care less about GM in the global view of things. If you want to look into the Too Big to Fail department how about going after the banks. Yes GM impacted some peoples lives but the TBTF banks have decimated the planet.

Matt Taibbi of the Rolling Stone really hammers them.
Gangster Bankers: Too Big to Jail
Bank of America: Too Crooked to Fail
The Vampire Squid Strikes Again: The Mega Banks' Most Devious Scam Yet

edit on 104pm3737pm82014 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   

That through their neglect--no it's worse than that-- it's actually criminal indifference that their collusion resulted in deaths of their own clients whom they want to trust them? They have proven themselves to be poor corporate citizens. I honestly don't care at all what happens to them.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: spirit_horse
I voted with my money buying a Ford truck instead of a Chevy for the first time in my life of 49 years. I was always a Chevy man. But Government Motors cured me of that. I don't want them under my hood!

Good for you. We simply need to quit buying too-big-to-fail products wherever we find them -- like GM or Chrysler.

Maybe one day, when this mafia "government" dies, we'll be able to buy decent tech like the 300 MPG diesel-electric WV.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Breitbart Big Government
I agree with the let them self-implode approach for their demise.
This article and comments clearly explains Chevy Volt problems are systemic to big american auto maker in the modern era.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MX61000

Don't buy their stuff. Problem solved...in a perfect world.

posted on Apr, 22 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
In order to kill a corporation, all the people have to do is stop buying their wares.

Nothing and nobody is "too big to fail".

Even the government has its limits to how much and for how long they can keep a corporation afloat. Eventually the ink runs out on the printing press when they can't afford to buy any more ink and paper from their creditors because their credit rating went down the toilet.

Quantitative easing was in a death spiral at the moment of its conception.

Give it time folks, this insanity will eventually implode on itself and die a painful death.

And we get front row seats to watch the all-star cast of characters throw each other under the bus.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

There's always been two systems of justice in the United States. One for the haves and one for the have nots. Power, influence and money always trumps the system.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

What do you think should happen to GM?

All the top executives, should have their vehicles impounded for
thirty days by a predator towing service.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: OFFTHEGRID
Today on Off The Grid, we're talking about General Motors, a company that would rather recall 2.6 million cars than fix a defective 57 cent part.

Having known about the problem, basically what GM is saying is that the cost of a human life is not worth 57 cents. This to me is just flat out disgusting.

On top of that, they will most likely not be held accountable for their actions and to the same standard that we are held to as individuals. What do you think should happen to GM?

In today's day and age where the Supreme Court of the US gives Corporations the same satus as an Individual, that should extend to all things not just what is most convenient to the Corporation(s). In this case then the Corporation in question, GM, should be tried in court as a serial killer would be.. because that is what they are in my opinion.

I don't care how big a business is, if they willfully do business in such a manner as to cause harm to the general public then they should not be allowed to stay in business. Period.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Time to bring back the real men of the auto industry, ones who know how to be PRODUCTIVE and TURN a PROFIT.

The likes of Lee IoCocca.

Leaving in the the hands of govn't influnded/minded folks will onlyl lead to disaster as they are concern about profits as much. Just being policitically correct is most important.

I say.... HANG THEM all from the Yard Arm and start anew.

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: MyMindIsMyOwn

originally posted by: OFFTHEGRID
Today on Off The Grid, we're talking about General Motors, a company that would rather recall 2.6 million cars than fix a defective 57 cent part.

Having known about the problem, basically what GM is saying is that the cost of a human life is not worth 57 cents. This to me is just flat out disgusting.

On top of that, they will most likely not be held accountable for their actions and to the same standard that we are held to as individuals. What do you think should happen to GM?

In today's day and age where the Supreme Court of the US gives Corporations the same satus as an Individual, that should extend to all things not just what is most convenient to the Corporation(s). In this case then the Corporation in question, GM, should be tried in court as a serial killer would be.. because that is what they are in my opinion.

I don't care how big a business is, if they willfully do business in such a manner as to cause harm to the general public then they should not be allowed to stay in business. Period.

i really do not have any more to add to that so i will quote it for second veiwing ...i think you nailed it

posted on Apr, 23 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: anon72
Time to bring back the real men of the auto industry, ones who know how to be PRODUCTIVE and TURN a PROFIT.

The likes of Lee Iaccoca.

Leaving in the the hands of govn't influnded/minded folks will onlyl lead to disaster as they are concern about profits as much. Just being policitically correct is most important.

I say.... HANG THEM all from the Yard Arm and start anew.

Lee Iaccoca are you joking? The only good thing he did was to dream up the Mustang. But let's not forget the pinto the bomb on wheels and that great K car.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join