It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was the title? - do you remember scenes from an old movie but not the title?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This thread is meant to help you find and re-watch a long-forgotten movie, but we will need the help of other board members to find that old movie based on the title you don't remember before you download it (I mean, buy it on DVD). Let's test if this thread is a viable idea. I'm trying to remember an old movie, but only have a scene, not even that, just a concept. It's a space sci-fi, and there is a star or some large object that gets ever bigger set to engulf maybe a space ship, maybe a planet. They're trying to find a way to stop it. But every time they shoot at it it grows faster. Must be an '80s or '90s movie.
Let's see if anyone can figure this out or has a faint memory of a forgotten movie. (Incidentally, The Forgotten was once a movie I had trouble finding, also an alien sci-fi, I remembered the trailer but not the title, was a pain to find it but was worth all the effort.)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

I'm a total failure. I can't remember this one.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Fifth element maybe?

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hoosierdaddy71
Fifth element maybe?

well done, I must re-watch that movie, so many people's fav, was hard to find a clip to confirm! Also DL'ed Spaceballs for some fun. Thanks. Anyone else got faint memories?
edit on 15-4-2014 by Rolci because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Hoosierdaddy71

That does sound an awful lot like The Fifth Element! Gary Old man was so great! I don't know why, but it is one of my favorite movies. Not the best acting, I think it just made an imprint on me as a kid.

Anyone else remember the 80's movie with the creepy, long nosed imp like creature.? Oh that thing scarred me for life! I grew up HATING (and still do) cartoons with long noses (like that creepy Christmas claymation movie with Jack Frost).

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by chelsdh

Long nosed imp like creature, 80's movie... hmmm Legend maybe? picture here

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
FromFr to post by theantediluvian

Indeed! I didn't click the picture...... Don't need to see that before bed! I actually knew the name, but wondered if that discription would be enough for someone to get it! And you did!

I watched that with my dad as a kid, it really disturbed me. Then I tried it again as a teen, and watched it all the way through. It still gave me the creeps. Then, ran into that sucker at Islands of Adventures' Halloween Horror Nights one year...... It was so unpleasant! Imagine meeting face to face the most terrifying thing From your childhood (for he was indeed the most terrifying thing). I don't know why he scared me, but not Tim Curry's creeper character.

Also, in high school my brother found a mask very similar to that thing..... Woke me up hovering over my face while wearing it...... It wasn't nice.
edit on 15-4-2014 by chelsdh because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by theantediluvian

Was it Legend?
Legend

Loved that movie, my kids loved it, my grandkid loves it!

edit on PM0830Tue, 15 Apr 2014 23:50:08 -05002014R20142014-04-15T23:50:08-05:00k08 by AstroRocks because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   
lelu dallas multi pass....

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

Hahahahaha. I love when she devours that plate of chicken! And the Diva, she was great too.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AstroRocks

Yes, it was Legend.

I heard a while back that there were possible plans to remake it. And you know, even though it terrific me, I would watch a remake. I think it's part of me trying to overcome my childhood fear of it, and maybe wipe it away.

Kind of like how I tried to watch Queen of the Damned a second time, thinking "I wasn't in the right frame of mind the first go.... It can't possibly be as bad as I remember". But it was, it was as bad as I remembered. If not worse, for I had read it by then.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I have been trying to remember the title of a movie, Italian I think, which is set in a prison camp during WW2. The father has his son with him, and is trying to keep the child hidden from the guards else they will be separated. The whole prison camp gets involved with hiding the kid, and the father tells the kid all sorts of stories and has adventures to back up those stories so the kid won't realize they are in a prison camp. The ending will make you burst into tears.

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: missvicky

Life is beautiful?

www.imdb.com...

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seiko
a reply to: missvicky

Life is beautiful?

www.imdb.com...

Oh I think it is!! Thanks!

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Okay, I got one that I would really appreciate the name of.

definitely 80's maybe 86-89, sci-fi, aliens I think

The scene is... a child runs into a church, or public building of some sort, it is filled with people and when they turn around they look like aliens. No skin on their faces. What is this movie????????

No it is not They Live

posted on May, 1 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
This is a movie from when I was a kid, so 30+ years ago. I remember it was a fairly surreal, maybe a bit of sci-fi movie, and there was this detective (or PI) who I think was or looked like the actor who played Dan Tanner in Vegas. Towards the end of the movie he appears trapped in what I think was a large glass fish tank, a very weird scene. Now since it was a long time ago some of those memories may be distorted or plain wrong, so cut me some slack ok?

posted on May, 3 2014 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Deny777

Endangered species or maybe Invitation to hell?

top topics

join