It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYC Satanic Temple Declares May 15th "Protect Children Day" for Schools

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

JohnPhoenix
reply to post by FlyersFan

I don't mind students soliciting for their church to their classmates during their free periods (lunch etc) - thats a students personal right to express themselves but there should not be adults from churches even Christian churches on school grounds soliciting in an organized manner thats also approved by the school.

This santanic church has some ideas though i do not think school kids should be exposed to, especially in a school setting.

One, I think that school should be just as much about preparing young adults for adult decisions as it is about training them to collect and utilize knowledge and experience. Two, either all religion or no religion. Don't pick and choose what establishments are allowed on your grounds. And if you do, it must be based on a legitimate concern for the well-being of the students, and not a matter of personal discretion by the biased board members and representatives. You can't approve Norse and Aztec mythology for the curriculum and then say that Christianity or Satanism is a violation of the constitution. Three, I feel that all young adults should be fully educated regarding influences and activities and lifestyles they will be exposed to in their lives. Any form of ignorance is simply perpetuating ignorance. That's not to say they should be recruited or indoctrinated - just educate them.

Although frankly, if it takes a Satanic temple to make a school respect its students and their rights, Satanism in the school is the least of their concerns.
edit on 15-4-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by beezzer

What does an organization that believes men should be able to have sex with little boys, have to do with satanism?

At first I thought you were talking about Catholicism what with all the child molesting priests.

Gideons has distributed bibles at schools all over the nation by actually going into the schools and some schools allow students to hand out religious materials "at school". From what I have read the satanic group plans to distribute their material off school grounds which has been a protected right for all religions for a long time standing.

If they wanted to push the boundary they could demand equal treatment as many other groups have received on school grounds which may be their next move. At that time I will watch the hypocrite come out of the woodwork because it isn't the standard Christian theme.

I think it should all be restricted to off school grounds but if they allow one they need to allow all. Otherwise that would essentially be respecting one religion over another which doesn't seem very constitutional.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Here's the thing. Well, one of the things.

With this brand of "Satanists" as with most Laveyan Satanists, the real irony in this discussion is, with the exception of the atheism, the core philosophies are virtually identical to those expressed by many, many individuals on this site (not the least of which is a mutual appreciation for Ayn Rand).

And that is like a hug from the Baby Jeezus. Well ... you know what I mean.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Gryphon66

What does Carlos Santana have to do with anything???

(Sorry, sorry ... couldn't help it.)

The fact that this group has "Temple" in their name and purports to worship Satan in what ever capacity is enough to keep them from proselytizing on campus in my book. However, JohnPhoenix, I'm curious, which "ideas" as expressed on their website do you think kids shouldn't be exposed to?

LOL Thanks.. funny.. I'll leave the typo up for reference.

I'm sure these guys won't say anything dumb on their website because they know they have lots of eyes watching them very closely. It's things like this that bugs me "Satanic group plans to turn westboro baptist church founder gay in the afterlife" www.christianpost.com...

Er.. they want to be taken seriously as a real religion but doing stuff like that is just plane silly.

Their mission statement sounds squeaky clean but they do have a --> Forum. I wonder how many members show their true colors on the forums.. i haven't read any threads.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Thanks for answering. Believe it or not, John, in a manner of speaking, I think silly IS the point. Or maybe pointing AT silliness.

I actually have done a bit more reading in regard to The Satanic Temple, the current leader Lucien Greaves aka Doug Mesner is quite a character. He did research in neuroscience particularly in regard to false memory while at Harvard and developed a reputation as an expert in pathologies associated with "Satanic panic" etc. (Excellent article if interested: Vice Magazine)

Also, let's let the man speak for himself. Here's a video from talk Lucien gave. Watch from about 1:16 to about 5:00. "The Satanic Temple and the First Amendment." Yes, he's got a funny eye, but ... I promise, hoodoo doesn't work through the internet ... Video - Satanic Temple and First Amendment

From what you're saying, I'm betting that you think Satanists are ritual murderers who all cooperate in a world-wide underground network that kidnap and molest children before killing them. That's just not accurate. Most Satanists don't even believe in an actual Satan, they're either atheistic, or, they view the mythology as useful "mental tech" as it were.

I encourage you to take a few quick spins on the internet. Your mortal soul is safe.
edit on 15Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:08:34 -050014p032014466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15Tue, 15 Apr 2014 15:09:20 -050014p032014466 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Gryphon66

From what you're saying, I'm betting that you think Satanists are ritual murderers who all cooperate in a world-wide underground network that kidnap and molest children before killing them. That's just not accurate. Most Satanists don't even believe in an actual Satan, they're either atheistic, or, they view the mythology as useful "mental tech" as it were.

Not at all. I think some satanists ARE guilty of those things just like many Christians are or anyone else for that matter. I think Satanists are just people searching for a reason to believe in something different and they are fed up with mainstream Christianity's seeming hypocrisy.

Satan assuming he's real doesn't need or want followers to act in an Evil manner. He comes disguised as an angel of light the documents tell us. He and his ilk are going to dot the I's and cross the T's and make everything look above board.

But this is No problem. The Problem (assuming he's real) is the destruction he's doing from within the corrupt Christian churches that he secretly controls. Evil hiding in plain sight.

posted on Apr, 16 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I stand in abashed awe of how grossly I mistook your position.

Well said. (I really encourage you to watch the first few minutes of that vid. It'll change your mind at least about those Satanists.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join