It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The NYC Satanic Temple Declares May 15th "Protect Children Day" for Schools

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by beezzer

What does an organization that believes men should be able to have sex with little boys, have to do with satanism?

Would you support their right to open up a business as a daycare?

I'm looking at parallels here.

As a Christian, Satanism is basically the antithesis of what I believe in.

So why would I ever support them?

As NAMBLA is the antithesis of what most normal folks believe in, I propose this as a parallel to this discussion.

If you are against NAMBLA opening a daycare based on what they believe in, would you consider yourself a hypocrite?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Krazysh0t

beezzer

Krazysh0t
reply to post by beezzer

Well due this article, you either support these Satanists giving out their propaganda because you support Christians doing the same with bibles (defending them) or you say no they can't do that because of separation of church and state, but if you support giving out bibles as well then you are a huge hypocrite. If neither of these situations apply to you then carry about your business.
edit on 14-4-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

YOU may consider me a huge hypocrite.

That is your right.

I will not support them though.

Sorry.

I would entertain passing out bibles, but would not support a faith that stems from the "anti" of what I believe.

I don't see hypocricy, simply because of what Satanists believe in.

Would you support NAMBLA opening a daycare center?

There you go with that NAMBLA reference again... NAMBLA isn't a religion, first and foremost. Secondly they advocate something that is illegal. Neither of these things apply to Satanism.

How can you not see the hypocrisy in you being against one religion handing out their religious propaganda on grounds of separation of church and state, but be ok with handing out your religion's propaganda? Does separation of church and state only apply to the religions you dont agree with?

Separation of church and state doesn't even apply. That's a false paradigm created by progressives.

Do I support the antithesis of what I believe in?

No!

That'd make me a pretty crappy Christian.

As to NAMBLA, their beliefs are just as valid as Satanists, aren't they?

Or are you being hypocritical now?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

No. NAMBLA isn't a religion. I already said that in the post you quoted. You are making an apples and oranges comparison. NAMBLA is more than ok to have any opinion on pedaphilia that is contrary to popular belief, but it's not like they should have religious protections.

Also, I'm not asking you to defend, like, support, or even tolerate Satanists. -I- just want you to be open-minded and informed when you form your opinion and not just write them off as evil scum just because they happen to have the name Satan in their religion. You know, not be a stereotypical close minded Christian. If you don't want to do that, that's cool. Just don't be surprised when you get called a hypocrite in threads like this.

The more I read responses like these, the more I believe this was just a big ploy to make Chrisitians unwittingly look foolish and hypocritical. If that is the case, it's working like a charm.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by beezzer

Well due this article, you either support these Satanists giving out their propaganda because you support Christians doing the same with bibles (defending them) or you say no they can't do that because of separation of church and state, but if you support giving out bibles as well then you are a huge hypocrite. If neither of these situations apply to you then carry about your business.

One more thing, maybe you should research the religion before you say you'll never defend them. You never know, maybe they believe things that may resonate with you. Luckily gryphon made it easy and you don't have to do much work and just read what he posted.

This really isnt that big of a deal with public school is a childrens mental hospital anyway. However the mere fact like Islam and Xianity indoctrinate youth to enslave their energy to the same source that started hate and bigotry in the first place kinda begs to avoid such instances. You dont proclaim a peaceful youth upbringing by generating black sheep over white sheep and saying it gives them wisdom in a world of slavery as it is. Two sides of the same coin really.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I fully support the idea that people should believe what they want to believe.

I also fully support the idea that people should be free to hit their groins with hammers if they want to.

Would I endorse any belief?
No.

Sorry. Not being "politically correct". Call me any name you want. I am not, will never be politically correct.
I have a spine.

Would I endorse hitting yourself in the groin with a hammer?

I might suggest it to some, but I would not endorse that either.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Your comparing apples to oranges though.....

A religion is trying to hand out some info packets.

How does that compare to a group that advocates for being able to violate minors, opening a place meant to care for minors? It does not compute. The two things being compared are not similar at all.

It's like saying you support muslim's free speech? How can you support suicide bombings? The two things are not similar at all.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Fine. You don't see it.

I'm not going to waste my time.

Nor am I going to knuckle under political correctness to opening endorse/support something I don't believe in.

Again, you're free to call me any name you wish.

I don't really care.

My opinion is my own.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's not what I am asking. From all I've seen, your entire knowledge about Satanism appears to be that 1) it has Satan in the name and 2) a wiki article that basically says point 1. I personally don't think that's enough information to form a valid opinion on a topic, but I guess your mileage my vary. Because of this preceived ill-formed opinion, I see hypocrisy when your stated objectives align with Satanist objectives.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by beezzer

That's not what I am asking. From all I've seen, your entire knowledge about Satanism appears to be that 1) it has Satan in the name and 2) a wiki article that basically says point 1. I personally don't think that's enough information to form a valid opinion on a topic, but I guess your mileage my vary. Because of this preceived ill-formed opinion, I see hypocrisy when your stated objectives align with Satanist objectives.

You don't have the first clue to what I know or don't know.

You're making preconceived notions because I won't fall blindly in line and support them!

Tell me, would you support MY right to disagree with the Satanists?

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

beezzer
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I fully support the idea that people should believe what they want to believe.

I also fully support the idea that people should be free to hit their groins with hammers if they want to.

Would I endorse any belief?
No.

Sorry. Not being "politically correct". Call me any name you want. I am not, will never be politically correct.
I have a spine.

Would I endorse hitting yourself in the groin with a hammer?

I might suggest it to some, but I would not endorse that either.

Political correctness is for robotic losers anyway, tally ho!

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

76% Christian? I'm on the floor rolling around laughing...

Instead of rolling on the floor laughing ... pick yourself up and actually read the statistical information that was provided. A little education goes a long way.
edit on 4/14/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Deep breath beezer. I didn't and wouldn't call you anything. I am just trying to understand how you are drawing parrallells to these two things which are nothing alike.....

Personally I am against any religion handing out their packets in school. I just find it sad that people will jump up and defend what they believe christians are within their right to do with schools, but then object when any other religion attempts to do the same.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

TKDRL
A religion is trying to hand out some info packets.

I have no problem with them .. or any other religion .. handing out information about taking 'spanking' out of public schools. The problem I have with them .. and any other religion .. is when they ask minors to 'register' at their temple website. Also, when anything religious is handed out in the schools. That goes for ANY religion.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Alright then. Prove me wrong. Give me something a bit more detestable than "it has Satan in the name". Let's start with the tenants that gryphon posted earlier in this thread.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by beezzer

Deep breath beezer. I didn't and wouldn't call you anything. I am just trying to understand how you are drawing parrallells to these two things which are nothing alike.....

Beliefs don't have to be just "religious".

Personally I am against any religion handing out their packets in school. I just find it sad that people will jump up and defend what they believe christians are within their right to do with schools, but then object when any other religion attempts to do the same.

And I find it sad that people will jump up and defend anything other than Christian beliefs.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Krazysh0t
reply to post by beezzer

Alright then. Prove me wrong. Give me something a bit more detestable than "it has Satan in the name". Let's start with the tenants that gryphon posted earlier in this thread.

You saw the 7 tenets.

How about the 11 commandments?

Serpent
The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
by Anton Szandor LaVey
© 1967
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

www.churchofsatan.com...

We could go back and forth. I know how to Google, and don't really wish to provide personal anecdotal evidence.

Besides, you'd still consider me narrow-minded and a hypocrite.

Believe what you want.
Support what you want.
(use a hammer, if you want)

I'm not going to support, nor will I endorse the Satanic Church.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 14-4-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Well, an even more interesting thing is that apparently these Satanists in question aren't even the arch-humanist Laveyan type, but apparently are based entirely off Satan as the heroic literary figure from John Milton's "Paradise Lost" and Anatole France's "Revolt of the Angels." The Satanic Temple - The Canon.

Seems these folks were the same group are spear-heading the effort to put the Satanic statue beside the Ten Commandments in Oklahoma.

They even have a Facebook page, LOL: The Satanic Temple - Facebook

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

beezzer

Krazysh0t
reply to post by beezzer

You saw the 7 tenets.

How about the 11 commandments?

Serpent
The Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth
by Anton Szandor LaVey
© 1967
1. Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
2. Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
3. When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
6. Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
7. Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
8. Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
9. Do not harm little children.
10. Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
11. When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

www.churchofsatan.com...

We could go back and forth. I know how to Google, and don't really wish to provide personal anecdotal evidence.

Besides, you'd still consider me narrow-minded and a hypocrite.

Believe what you want.
Support what you want.
(use a hammer, if you want)

I'm not going to support, nor will I endorse the Satanic Church.

Those Commandments are joke for the black sheep as they just like the biblical ones promote pure obedience.
Also your right, anything other than christian rarely gets attacked cus its been the mainstream mind control for longer than any other in the last centuries. 2 Things been happening: Either people are waking up to reality, or they find another scapegoat religion to blame their problems and difficulties to seek refuge.
point being: doesnt really matter which religion is it, all institutions that try to indoctrinate the youth to join a mental pact were a threat to the school system from the beginning hence "separation of church and state" though at the time, it was only christians that it was separating.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

NOW who is making assumptions? I just asked for some more evidence for your displeasure, you acquiesced. Thank you. I will withhold further judgement on you. I will also let the knowledge if you already knew those things or just looked them up just now remain with you. I'm just happy that you aren't espousing a shallow unthoughtout opinion which seems to be the norm these days.

Eta: the church of satan you linked to isn't the same religion as the one in the op, but I don't really care either way.

Like I said, I don't agree with religious propaganda of any sort in school, so it's all equally unacceptable to me. But I do wish to call a spade a spade and believe that the Satanists are mostly trolling the Christians with this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join