It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother leaves children in car for a job interview-gaining public support

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

3u40r15m
Despite what anyone else would do or wouldn't do she did it.... She could have rescheduled the interview. I hope she doesn't get the job and gets charged with child endangerment....

Thats kinda harsh, aint it?
Like I said before, I disagree with leaving the kids in her car. I'm sorry, there are way too many factors going on here. OTOH tho, I commend her for trying to better herself.
I wish she had someone that would have helped her out, but thats our society nowadays, aint it? Dont help anyone, dont talk to anyone.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

samuel1990
I believe she's a great person who has just effed up. She could have taken the kids with her into the interview- I don't understand her logic.
In Australia jobs are a dime a dozen, so I can't really comment on the job stats of the US. But I recon if she took the kids in (here in Aus) she'd have a better chance of getting a job than leaving them in the car.

She was probably worried if she had them with her she wouldn't get the job - which at the end of the day she was getting to support those kids.

Choices in life are hard. She made the wrong one but on good terms which is unfortunate.

What's the weather like in Arizona anyway?? Would it have been stinking hot or what?

People do strange things at times to make things happen for the greater good.

ummm humm ...when it's a woman ..there is always 'room' for an excuse why she could have done it..getting sympathy votes..
What if it was a man ..a father .. would we be having this discussion ..or would he be automatically crucified in this feminist society of ours ..
Double standards ..! you want equality ..then face equality ..she is absolutely wrong to have done that, and could have handled it any other way ..

A man would hardly say no to help out in such situations ..where is the father, or has she chased him away for child support money ..?

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

If she was only interviewing to keep welfare and had no intention of getting hired then she would have brought the kids in with her. That would definitely be an interview buzz-kill.

Excellent point!

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   

AnteBellum
reply to post by jjkenobi

If she was only interviewing to keep welfare and had no intention of getting hired then she would have brought the kids in with her. That would definitely be an interview buzz-kill.

Excellent point!

With different wording and in response to a different post, I made a very similar statement....take children to a job interview and you are pretty much killing any chance of landing the job.

I think this woman was really trying to get the job...she just made a really bad decision trying to achieve her goal.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Can't really justify a 6 month baby left in a car. Supporting her sends out a pretty irresponsible message.

posted on Apr, 15 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by junglimogli

Clearly you have dealt with something like this in your life due to your reply. Did some woman chase you away for child support?

My answer to your question is no. I believe if it were male, female, intersex or WHO CARES, I would still have the same view.

People do drastic things at drastic times.

Please elaborate on this 'feminist' society you talk of, all I see here in Australia is equality; you must live in a society dominated by females. Does that make you nervous/scared/worried? By the way, I'm a bloke and some of the best bosses I've ever had have been female. I've had some amazing male ones as well.

ON TOPIC-

Maybe she wasn't in contact with the father because he ran off, maybe she ran from him, maybe he was violent and she wanted to leave and start a better life with her child somewhere else, maybe she was violent and he ran off and tried to take the kid and she said no and threatened legal action, maybe the father was at work and she was surprising him by getting a job to help support income, maybe none of that. Who knows?

We aren't this woman in this situation so we should not be throwing around wild accusations as to why she left the kid in the car when she went for the interview.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join