It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Holder: We Want to Explore Gun Tracking Bracelets

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

Why be concerned?

What's next to be tracked? Your on line commentary about issues that might be contrary to the current regimes plans/views? This is such a slippery slope that needs avoiding.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

seagull
reply to post by beezzer

7. Wrap meat around them and feed them to sea gulls and large fish.

No thank-you, sir.

I've no need for them in my diet.

Apologies.

Didn't mean to offend your palate.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by minusinfinity

I care about the constitution

I'm just saying people should be checked out and maybe monitored

Again if you don't intend to kill somebody or do something crazy why be concerned?

Uh huh, obviously your beliefs in what the Constitution means and mine are somewhat different. I don't see anything that says "and shall be monitored" anywhere in the Bill of Rights. It takes lawyerish snake oil salesmen to try and tack that little doozy on.

As to your last question - oh sure because the State is so trustworthy, would never trample civil rights, has never hurt us, lied to us or done anything wrong to it's citizens.

Simply put they can't be trusted. Don't put so much faith in the machine, have faith in your fellow citizens. Sure bad things do happen but when you compare citizen violations to State violations there is no comparison.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
And Heeerrrrrs Eric !!

Eric Holder on Gun Safety

LOL

"Gun ID's" were used in Fast & Furious too !!!!

Only the criminals had the guns !!

They want control of guns for what reasons ??

To be able to "limit" and ultimately confiscate !!

All the "Safety" talk is malarkey because the criminals will *STILL* have guns that work !!

Mr Holder.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I absolutely agree with you - this is a terrible idea on so many levels.

Well, will you look at that. Common ground. Who would've thunk?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

They want control of guns for what reasons ??

To force at the end of their guns to buy their snip.

The only people with the guns get to make all the rules.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Riffrafter
reply to post by neo96

I absolutely agree with you - this is a terrible idea on so many levels.

Well, will you look at that. Common ground. Who would've thunk?

They track our energy uses.

They track our finances.

They track our 'healthcare'

They track our phones.

They track our cars.

They track us online.

They want to track our property now.

As if all of the above wasn't enough.

Orwell is laughing in his grave, thinking to himself why didn't I think of that.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
We'll since some of you are ok with having our rights f'ed with then let's also have it where we have a bracelet to record our conversation so when the government doesn't like what we say they can pick us up and re-educate us.

Idiots.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

thesaneone
We'll since some of you are ok with having our rights f'ed with then let's also have it where we have a bracelet to record our conversation so when the government doesn't like what we say they can pick us up and re-educate us.

Idiots.

They already do. It's called a cell phone.

Oops, sorry. Wasn't supposed to let that slip out....

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Seeker (and others) if you're going to use acronyms could you please include the meaning as not all of us are familar with them and it saves having to go hunt it down.

Thanks in advance.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   

minusinfinity
I know my opinion won't be popular on this website but I don't care.

If you own a weapon and use it legally why do you care if somebody 'tracks' you or whatever?

If you plan to stage an uprising or rob a bank or do some other stupid thing with your weapon that is the only reason you should worry.

If you plan to hunt or go target shooting then I don't think you have much to fear.

I look at the state of this country and I think it's time to crack down on some of the lunatics who own weapons. I know, I know if I'm worried about the criminal owning a gun I should go buy a gun. (rolling my eyes.)

By that logic if I worry about a suicide bomber I should strap bombs to my ass and blow him up first. Or what about the airline hijacker, should I take control of the plane before the 'terrorist'?

When they start tracking criminals with unregistered guns...I'll think about letting them track mine. Since criminals will always find ways to procure illegal guns...I guess I won't be allowing mine to be tracked. Sounds fair to me.

Des

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

"common sense"

Definition: A really bad idea which someone erroneously thinks most people share despite having near to no supporting data and a notably contrary special interest in the subject at hand.

Dictionary updated!

Example of usage:

"I went down to the river and decided that I should drink from the outflow of the sewer drain, it was just common sense."
edit on 7-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why stop there? Lets track the activities of anyone that's engaged in activities or who holds opinions not carrying the governmental seal of approval.

Democrats exempted, of course.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

greencmp
reply to post by neo96

"common sense"

Definition: A really bad idea which someone erroneously thinks most people share despite having near to no supporting data and a notably contrary special interest in the subject at hand.

Dictionary updated!

Example of usage:

"I went down to the river and decided that I should drink from the outflow of the sewer drain, it was just common sense."
edit on 7-4-2014 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

LOL I think it has been well established that for over 200 years.

What government does is always the antithesis of common sense.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Sick of this kinda Crap America ? Then just Vote Every Liberal Democrat you can out of Office come Nov. 2014 . Help the Repubs to get a Majority in the Senate, then Demand they Impeach this Incompetent POTUS and AG . If not , then you have no Right to Complain about anything this Administration says or does until 2016 rolls around . Simple as that !
edit on 7-4-2014 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I fail to see how a "tracking bracelet" is going to curb or lower violence that is committed with a gun.

First: how many guns are there out there that are owned by those who would not register them (the fire arms) in the first place?

That guy getting ready to rob a gas station? He's going to stop and get a bracelet first, right?

How is it going to keep someone from killing another person? It won't. Someone wants to kill someone, they're going to do it. Gun or not.

Make law abiding citizens who own guns have these tacking bracelets.....hmmmmmmm.....

Tracking bracelet......to keep track of a certain sect of people? Right?

Certainly would make them stand out, you know, so others know whom they are....

I mean that way it would be much easier to find them all.....right?

Right?

I mean, so that they could be given a change of clothing of course.....

I mean......to keep people safe of course!

For the children!

(ever feel like someone has declared war on you?...)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

A fairly Accurate Comparison there . A Tool of Tyranny throughtout the Ages . Next comes the Shackles and Barbwire Cages ......

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

No worries, they already do that to a very real, and disturbing, degree.

But, without the very real, though unlikely, possibility of an aroused/angry, and armed populous finally fed up with it all, they can't take it to that final nth degree.

If they can control our ability to defend ourselves, it's all over but the shouting.

It's for our own good though. 'Cause we're incapable of taking care of ourselves. Poor little prolly's that we are...

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   
To be fair, this is more about gun safety than tracking or taking away your weapons.

Still kinda dumbl and not really all that feasible. Bracelets? That talk to my weapon? Really? Ummm...what if I need to use someone else's weapon? And if mine is stolen, I'm sure they'd find a way to disable the chip. Fingerprints or maybe retinal scans so when the bad guy steals your weapon he takes your finger or your eyeball too?

Sigh....

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

You're right, of course.

That is as far as this particular conversation has gone.

But... When do they ever stop at one particular idea? Haven't seen it yet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join