It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism and Jay Z - Does it matter?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by ketsuko

Middle class america has just started to get a taste of what "ghetto trash" and "trailer trash" have been dealing with forever. And they don't seem to be very happy about it either. They aren't happy the police are treating them like animals now, they aren't happy being marginalized and used by employers for crap pay, I can go on and on. Now that the middle class is being eliminated, the ex-middle class gets to experience what it has been like for the poor people all along. They get to see what they have been brushing off, marginalizing and ignoring for decades if not longer.
edit on Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:13:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

Doesn't excuse poor behavior. Never excuses poor behavior.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by ketsuko

Middle class america has just started to get a taste of what "ghetto trash" and "trailer trash" have been dealing with forever. And they don't seem to be very happy about it either. They aren't happy the police are treating them like animals now, they aren't happy being marginalized and used by employers for crap pay, I can go on and on. Now that the middle class is being eliminated, the ex-middle class gets to experience what it has been like for the poor people all along. They get to see what they have been brushing off, marginalizing and ignoring for decades if not longer.
edit on Mon, 07 Apr 2014 15:13:12 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)
I'm not religous at all but AMEN brother!

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by poloblack

Act like what they treat you as and it is what you become. You have to act the part you want to be in order to begin to realize that change.

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

-Mahatma Gandhi

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by scientist

"worship a white God' ... oh stop it. God is pure spirit and colorless.
These people worship a race - the black man - as God. Everyone else is lesser. That's RACISM.

But my grandmother has a portrait of Jesus hanging in her living room, and he's white. If everything is so peachy and colorless, why is that? I know, but do you?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

ketsuko

Act like what they treat you as and it is what you become. You have to act the part you want to be in order to begin to realize that change.

Be the change that you wish to see in the world.

-Mahatma Gandhi
Sorry good sir. I don't fit any ''black'' stereotypes, and me personally, I get treated very well.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   

I'm assuming by your name "Scientist", your avatar picture, and your defense of the 5%'ers, that you espouse their beliefs. If so, then please explain how an ideology that teaches that "white is the devil" is not racist. It's an honest question.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Excuse it? No, but it sure as hell is a huge contributing factor to the reasons why it happens.

In my experience, the strongest tools that middle class had that allowed them to succeed:
1) Pretty stable family life
2) Neighborhood that made them feel safe and welcome
3) Decent schools

I started out poor, dad through hard work and good fortune pulled us out of it. One of the biggest factors to that was finding a middle class guy that wasn't a racist and classist bigot, and was willing to teach him a trade. If not for that, chances are mom and dad would have ended up in the factory slaving for peanuts like their parents before them.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

and it's okay to prop up this guy by buying his music?

Rap music likes to use the nigga word instead of the real "n" word,for that reason I see them as racist morons and don't bother with rap or hip hop.
Its still a dumb racist word...I don't care what explanation people have for it,it perpetuates more racism.

The problem with racism is that nobody is allowed to REALLY talk about it.
People will talk Al Sharpton but nobody wants to address the amount of ghettos that perpetuate the racism....or else we would be called racist if we said what was really going on.

Jay Z...never heard a single note by him,I avoid those guys like the mental plagues they are.

My first rap album was run dmc who weren't anything like what rap has become....after that,I never bothered again and never looked back and watched rap get more idiotic as time went on...I made the right decision and hopefully others do too instead of making racist people rich and giving their idiocy more power.

Ok rant over.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

DirtyD

I'm assuming by your name "Scientist", your avatar picture, and your defense of the 5%'ers, that you espouse their beliefs. If so, then please explain how an ideology that teaches that "white is the devil" is not racist. It's an honest question.

Well, you would be wrong on all counts, which is usually what happens when you let assumptions guide you. That said, I have no interest in defending a belief system I'm not part of, against misinformed claims (spawned from news headlines and superficial googling). If you would like a different perspective on the very esoteric subject of NGE/5% my best advice is to read some of the actual materials. Maybe starting with Supreme Mathematics, Supreme Alphabet, and the Twelve Jewels. Although reading these without context would be like reading over a Master Mason degree without understanding the myths and stories behind it all.

www.ancientorderoffreeasiatics.com...

The phrase "white is the devil" can be interpreted many ways. However, like any other religion, it's usually the most "simple" of minds that take everything literally. So if you want to read it literally, sure, call it racist. On the other hand "white is the devil" (which again, is a gross oversimplification) also alludes to the very real history of expansion of europeans into every other continent. It also alludes to the theory of the original black man (as in, we all migrated from Africa) and how "white" is a deviation of that original form. That deviation is considered "the devil" just as sin is explained as something "without god."

Based on the direction of this thread so far, it doesn't seem like there's an honest desire to really understand what NGE/5% is about. In fact, if the article didn't mention Jay-Z, nobody would have ever posted this. And sad thing is, he was just wearing a necklace. He didn't write an op-ed on the white devil, he wasn't seen at a rally burning an effigy.... he was seen wearing a necklace. And now we're talking about how an entire group of people are all racist... based on things people have just googled for the first time today.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Of course it matters, if true. Racism isn't acceptable when turned into action. Has he turned it into action?

This should provide an opportunity for discussion instead of what I've seen so far which is white people whining that they aren't allowed to be racist when the bottom line is racism shouldn't be acceptable from any 'race'. It only leads to disruption, anger and hatred... I think everyone on the planet can do with a little less of all those, don't you?
edit on 4/7/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

DirtyD

Cry me a river. Those so-called 5%ers can't affect you in any meaningful way. They have no economic power whatsoever and they are nothing. On the other hand, some racist manager, supervisor, or ceo could make life very difficult economically for someone of the wrong color. Black people hold no economic power of any significance and it is what is.And you're whining because those asshats said white devils? Suit up in my uniform chief and white devil would be a compliment. According to the 5%ers white counterparts, I'm just a monkey.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

and it's okay to prop up this guy by buying his music?

Rap music likes to use the nigga word instead of the real "n" word,for that reason I see them as racist morons and don't bother with rap or hip hop.
Its still a dumb racist word...I don't care what explanation people have for it,it perpetuates more racism.

The problem with racism is that nobody is allowed to REALLY talk about it.
People will talk Al Sharpton but nobody wants to address the amount of ghettos that perpetuate the racism....or else we would be called racist if we said what was really going on.

Jay Z...never heard a single note by him,I avoid those guys like the mental plagues they are.

My first rap album was run dmc who weren't anything like what rap has become....after that,I never bothered again and never looked back and watched rap get more idiotic as time went on...I made the right decision and hopefully others do too instead of making racist people rich and giving their idiocy more power.

Ok rant over.
It's a racist word that white people invented and black people flipped it. And maybe you should put down your drumsticks and look up the difference between racist and prejudice. BIIIIG difference. And no offense, but you probably still wont get it

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
People have to understand that there appears to be a double standard only because the whites are the most powerful people in the country and have had the reins of power since the beginning. They can stand a little racism towards them but the minorities without power in this country are the truly vulnerable people. I DON’T MEAN TO JUSTIFY RACISM JUST TO REMIND PEOPLE WHO ARE THE MOST VULNERABLE…IT ISN'T WHITE PEOPLE!

That said, there shouldn’t be a double standard… black folks, being at the brunt of racism towards them since the beginning of this country, should be sensitive to others more than most in fact.

To JZ there is no excuse, since he should set an example for the youths of the country.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Kali74

Of course it matters, if true. Racism isn't acceptable when turned into action. Has he turned it into action?

This should provide an opportunity for discussion instead of what I've seen so far which is white people whining that they aren't allowed to be racist when the bottom line is racism shouldn't be acceptable from any 'race'. It only leads to disruption, anger and hatred... I think everyone on the planet can do with a little less of all those, don't you?
edit on 4/7/2014 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)
Seems most people don't get or don't want to get the fact that RACISM is SYSTEMATIC, not the mere fact that you don't like someone of another color. THAT is called being prejudiced. Star for you Kali.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   

maybe you should put down your drumsticks

I don't have to do anything you suggest.....maybe YOU should get off your high horse.
Your response was one I EXPECTED.

I don't want to hear EITHER word and EXPECTED someone to defend it....didn't think it would be so quick though,how typical.
I GET it...some people want to justify using racial slurs...get real.

edit on 7-4-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Willtell
People have to understand that there appears to be a double standard only because the whites are the most powerful people in the country and have had the reins of power since the beginning. They can stand a little racism towards them but the minorities without power in this country are the truly vulnerable people. I DON’T MEAN TO JUSTIFY RACISM JUST TO REMIND PEOPLE WHO ARE THE MOST VULNERABLE…IT ISN'T WHITE PEOPLE!

That said, there shouldn’t be a double standard… black folks, being at the brunt of racism towards them since the beginning of this country, should be sensitive to others more than most in fact.

To JZ there is no excuse, since he should set an example for the youths of the country.

First of all, you need to learn the difference between RACISM and being PREJUDICED. Second of all, it's not Jay Z's or any other entertainer to set examples or serve as role models for other people's kids. That's the job of the parents, not some friggin celeb that couldn't care less about other people's kids. My dad was my role model, I didn't look up to any dumdazz fake azz celebrities. I looked up to the old man.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

DrumsRfun

maybe you should put down your drumsticks

I don't have to do anything you suggest.....maybe YOU should get off your high horse.
Your response was one I EXPECTED.

I don't want to hear EITHER word and EXPECTED someone to defend it....didn't think it would be so quick though,how typical.
I GET it...some people want to justify using racial slurs...get real.

edit on 7-4-2014 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)
I wasn't defending anything, squirrelly. Don't get your little nuts in a bunch. And another thing, one never knows what to expect of me and you damn sure don't. Where did the high horse crap come from? Quit whining.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Certainly it’s not his job, but if he wants to be better than the greedy materialist he appears to be then it wouldn’t be a sin for this guy to set an example of decency and righteousness for the youth of this culture who need guidance.

And believe me bro, I know the difference between racism and prejudice…more than most folks.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Specimen
A seven tipped star...Symbol of Ultimate evil(for seaman I think..Don't believe me, look at the history of Pinyotas)...Hell, the kids loved hitting that thing.

WTH is a "pinyota"? A failed Toyota knock-off? A relative of Yoda? I'm being sarcastic, I assume you mean a piñata. Spelling, it matters.

And no, OP, it's Jay-Z. He's never mattered, and neither have his half-baked opinions.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Honestly I've not seen someone make such a fuss over the rapper Jay Z , he is not a role model and what he does should really be his business right ? did he do anything to you personally ? wow, those symbols have been around for years, those views or the 5 percenters and Elijah Muhammad have been around forever , where have you been? just like views held by staunch eurocentrists and their so called view of history and their divine rights to rule and all of that other baloney, what do you have to say about that? they took that idea and put it into effect and ruled over others, stomped their culture and forced their beliefs, starting out with Britain and the whole Templar Merovingian farce to push the agenda of white supremacy , they took that to the next level and used colonization and genocide to push a point home on who is supreme and who is not, have you ever thought about this ?

This did more damage to the world than any rapper and his own personal beliefs and paraphenalia ever could.

Colonialism wrecked many a people, the American indians, the east indians, the chinese and the entire mess Africa is in now is a product of the wolves feasting and wreaking havoc to steal resources, I mean if anyone should be upset and really want to make a point of what are bad examples of how to get along with others, Jayz should by no means be the talking point of these issues, eurocentrism vs. afrocentrism, lies and truth.

You need to find better examples for a valid point or argument, because this one my friend is very weak, tabloid weak

I do believe that only through time a great many truths are starting to be uncovered that unfortunately people accepted them or else, we are starting to find there are a great many identity thefts throughout history and there are some masquerading around till this day with those stolen identities.

It is also my belief that very shortly these things are going to be fully exposed for all to see truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join