It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rover captures light source on Mars!!

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

moniker

Ananake
reply to post by Miniscuzz

Made a stereoscopic gif to more easily see its place or lack thereof in 3 dimensions.

imgur.com...

There is clearly a rock formation shielding the light from the second camera.

Rock formation I tell ya.

Even if a rock formation is shielding it (which is not at all clear), shouldn't we still be able to see the top of the light plume?

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Sorry, I used paint to edit xD
Take your conclusions

edit on 4~10~2014 by Aeboro because: just a sec

edit on 4~10~2014 by Aeboro because: edit

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Totally off topic bit still using the same photo in the bottom left hand corner there are markings on the ground, they form what look like right angles and form a oblonged shape. I just found it interesting that's all probably nothing
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
edit on 10-4-2014 by ThePeaceMaker because: Added pic for reference

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I attached this to you, Phage, but this is addressed to anyone with the info...

Which of the two cameras involved (left or right) caught the 'first' light in the OP image...and did the same one catch the second light?

I tried to find this information myself... but I came up empty after some effort.

This would obviously help to figure out the source for the light.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Baddogma

The flash appears in the image from the right camera in both pairs.
In the first pair the area of the background which includes the flash is obscured by a hill.
In the second there is no obscuration.

This would obviously help to figure out the source for the light.
Not so much.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

See here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here:
mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 4/10/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Thank you.

The same camera catching both lights does add to the argument for an internal (or transient external- as in cosmic ray or light leak) issue... but I see the problems.

So this is still vexing...

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Cheers thanks feel like a d*** now for not reading everything

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

AkumaStreak

"Dead wrong" is threat speech. What was that about being polite?

I did not use the word "Dead" before the word wrong to threaten the man. You can probably see that i don't live on an english speaking country so i apologise if dead wrong is threatening. My intention was to emphasize. Besides, i think writing "dead wrong" on a conspiracy-theory site,in the alien section,in a post concerning a light on mars should NOT be considered a threat in any way possible.Like you said:

AkumaStreak
You know you're on the Internet, right?

So please don't try to say i'm threatening people,it is not only untrue but also sounds funny.

AkumaStreak
he is not your bag-boy, and the admins despite being able to guide the tone of forum speech are not his boss.

I never said i was anyone's boss,or have bag boys,i asked just what you said, the tone of forum speech being polite.In fact let me quote the precise spot of my text which asked that:

chester1908
Listen to me friend, your tone of conversation in not polite enough. If you feel that my original post and your answer to it have the same tone you are dead wrong.

I guess you only kept the "dead" word out of that.

AkumaStreak
"Listen to people" and "not to read replies like yours" -- in the same sentence. So you only want to read what agrees with you. Interesting approach to learning. Did you get your fiber today?

logic flaw.Not read replies like yours doesn't mean of a different opinion, but ironic and impolite.
So i guess you didn't understand my post at all,where i asked for answers like phage's that are polite and to the point, rather than ironic and ending with the word in bold : ALIENS
You can disagree as long as you are not ironic or have otherwise bad tone in any way. You can't say "Did you get your fiber today?" in a polite answer,for example. Although im not sure what it mean,i understand it is out of place.

AkumaStreak

Some people in this forum either have diplomas which are trying desperately to make 'public' to boost their ego, or they have no diplomas and try to hide it by major wikipedia/google spamming,making them feel they compensate for it. Either way there is no need for rage and irony, pull it together and be polite.

What was that about being polite? Yes, you are the picture of it...

What i said was a fact,and also an observation,of what is occasionally going on in these forums. It was, like metallica's song, sad but true. It is truth,it has nothing to do with politeness in any way. And if you doubt that what i said is a fact then i encourage you to search on the web for the many psychological studies that have been done on how forum users change "identity" to boost their ego and self esteem through anonymity.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:34 PM
link   

conundrummer

moniker

Ananake

Made a stereoscopic gif to more easily see its place or lack thereof in 3 dimensions.

imgur.com...

There is clearly a rock formation shielding the light from the second camera.

Rock formation I tell ya.

Even if a rock formation is shielding it (which is not at all clear), shouldn't we still be able to see the top of the light plume?

Not if the bottom pixel(s) is the actual light source and the top diffuse part is pixel blooming. Blooming is a known problem with the cameras with specular reflections.

PS Chester1908 there is nothing wrong with saying "dead wrong". That is an everyday idiom, just like "dead centre" or "dead calm" and nothing at all to do with "threat speech"

edit on 10-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 10-4-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I'm intrigued by this "light". I can't discount it as anything viable that's been mentioned, we just aren't able to go there ourselves and check it out in the flesh. Logical deduction wants me to say a stray ray's to blame, but...dunno. Color this skeptic mystified.

AkumaStreak
"Dead wrong" is threat speech. What was that about being polite?

Oh bullcrap, don't feed ESL speakers a false line like this. You're "dead wrong" on this definition. The idiom is not a threat of any kind, it simply highlights one is very incorrect. It's akin to saying "flat wrong", "patently wrong" and a host of other ways of saying how wrong someone is. Big kid undies time.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

a plasma devil

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

good one! you too

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Respect to you man.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I like the way Phage is interested in this, he never gets interested in things that have no value

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:03 PM
link   

great great find. Out of all the "explanations"....you know (in your heart and soul) the truth...

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

robenz00

great great find. Out of all the "explanations"....you know (in your heart and soul) the truth...

Er, no. None of us know, hence the long thread and discussion! Do you have some special insight you'd like to share?

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePeaceMaker

it's ok man , whatch this video - Lazer Leng are you a dickead though ? your no where near this though

We can only speculate as to the source of the light even if it is light

in any case , what we should look for is similar captures on more mars photos
then we can get to the bottom of it.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The Shiny bright light in this pic is likely a glinting rock/cosmic ray

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join