It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Parents upset over Easter egg hunt flyer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

You can have an opinion on anything you like. I am well versed in that.

But if you don't have a solid basis for your opinion, or otherwise, people will disagree with you.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

Dad is prob lying. His 7 and 9 year old children complained and felt uncomfortable? really? 7&9 year olds like fun and chocolate. fact.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   

OpinionatedB
reply to post by WarminIndy

You can have an opinion on anything you like. I am well versed in that.

But if you don't have a solid basis for your opinion, or otherwise, people will disagree with you.

People will disagree even if you do have a solid basis.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

Just like to thank you for your replies in this thread. they seemed pretty well though out and well articulated as opposed to some of the "don't like it, go back where you came from" responses.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I completely agree with your observation. I think it's just more proof that they abhor the American people and our culture. Yes integration is our culture, tolerance is our culture. Theirs seems to be a culture of hate and intolerance and I think they should take their hatred and intolerance and GTFO!

Those of you that know me, know that I am pagan and not Christian, but I will not tolerate anybody being targeted for persecution. It's deplorable and these parents should be ashamed of what they are teaching their children!

I look at this get together as a social event, so these parents teach their children that they should hate and not socialize with those who are not like them. They are teaching them bigotry as far as I am concerned.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

ldyserenity

I completely agree with your observation. I think it's just more proof that they abhor the American people and our culture. Yes integration is our culture, tolerance is our culture. Theirs seems to be a culture of hate and intolerance and I think they should take their hatred and intolerance and GTFO!

Those of you that know me, know that I am pagan and not Christian, but I will not tolerate anybody being targeted for persecution. It's deplorable and these parents should be ashamed of what they are teaching their children!

I look at this get together as a social event, so these parents teach their children that they should hate and not socialize with those who are not like them. They are teaching them bigotry as far as I am concerned.

What Proof? the actions of few does not speak for the actions of many so how can you assume we are all like this? You can't because that would be ignorant and hateful of you to do which is what you are saying we are. Hypocrisy! And furthermore let me ask you, what is American culture? I always assumed that culture came from religion and since American isn't a religion, can't have a culture right? Unless you can enlighten me on this supposed "American Culture"

To generalize over 1 billion is bigotry in itself. I can say that Americans are warmongering, deceitful liars that invade countries for resources not caring about human life. But that's only your government and not the people but since we are generalizing...

No one goes into your house and tells you how to raise your children do they? so how can you say they are teaching their children wrong is well, wrong. They can teach them whatever they like, after all they are their children correct? America, much like my country Canada, are made up of many cultures and religions, each one free to practice what they want. You will get people who will voice their opinion over something they don't like. It's human nature! They have the freedom of speech much like everyone else.

Let me educate you a bit. People complain about everything! Like I stated, it's human nature. Somewhere, someone is complaining it's a known fact, you're complaining right now as a matter of fact. Don't like it, don't listen. But spreading hatred isn't going to help at all. This is the way of the Human. Don't like it, GTFO! But not to Canada

Ad nos revisendos!

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   

VeraVirtus

ldyserenity

What Proof? the actions of few does not speak for the actions of many so how can you assume we are all like this? You can't because that would be ignorant and hateful of you to do which is what you are saying we are. Hypocrisy! And furthermore let me ask you, what is American culture? I always assumed that culture came from religion and since American isn't a religion, can't have a culture right? Unless you can enlighten me on this supposed "American Culture"

To generalize over 1 billion is bigotry in itself. I can say that Americans are warmongering, deceitful liars that invade countries for resources not caring about human life. But that's only your government and not the people but since we are generalizing...

No one goes into your house and tells you how to raise your children do they? so how can you say they are teaching their children wrong is well, wrong. They can teach them whatever they like, after all they are their children correct? America, much like my country Canada, are made up of many cultures and religions, each one free to practice what they want. You will get people who will voice their opinion over something they don't like. It's human nature! They have the freedom of speech much like everyone else.

Let me educate you a bit. People complain about everything! Like I stated, it's human nature. Somewhere, someone is complaining it's a known fact, you're complaining right now as a matter of fact. Don't like it, don't listen. But spreading hatred isn't going to help at all. This is the way of the Human. Don't like it, GTFO! But not to Canada

Ad nos revisendos!

I read that your Metis were just recognized recently and that your Stephen Harper apologized to the First Nations tribes for the Residential Schools. From what I understand, a lot of Canadians didn't like Stephen Harper for doing that. Yes, the Canadians are much more tolerant and sympathetic toward their own First Nations tribes.

I've heard how tolerant people are up there and I've also seen that Canada isn't a melting pot like the United States. But if you want to play the "Well look at America's treatment of Native Americans in the past". Yes, look at it, and also look at the current view of First Nations today in Canada. What's that protest movement going on now in Canada?

Idle No More...we can talk about that also if you wish.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The islamic radical father contrived this story obviously, poor kids. If he dont like it he can go back to whatever third world country he came from . One thing i cant stand is foreigners coming to this great nation and imposing their customs and dictating the way things should be here. Enough with the PC police and walking on egg shells heaven forbid anyone get offended by a big furry rabbit. The muslims know this is a country with a Christian majority. Id love to give father radical my two cents as rudely as possible, does anyone have the testicular fortitude to explain this to the father? he does not deserve the attention and publicity either.

btw the Easter Bunny is a pagan meme not anything to do with the resurrection of Christ
edit on 9-4-2014 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 10:25 PM
link   

WarminIndy
reply to post by nenothtu

Thank you for getting me on track.

Like I said, privatize religious schools or live with the multi-culture.

And I say the same thing for Christians and Jews. If there is to be true separation of church and state, then private religious schools should not be getting money from the government.

On that score, we agree wholeheartedly.

If a madrassa is so bad, then how is that fixed? I'm not Muslim so my opinion should not count or should my opinion count when it comes to American children?

Personally, I don't like madrasas, but I don't like Catholic, or any other, parochial schools, either. Luckily, what I do and don't like has no bearing on the parents of those children, should they wish to stilt the education of their own offspring. It's not my call - I've already raised my own kids as I saw fit, and they should do likewise.

Your opinon in the matter counts the same as mine. We can do as we see fit in the education of our own, but have not much say at all in how others choose to educate theirs. Now, when it comes to public schools, we DO have a stake in the matter, since our taxes go to pay for them, regardless of whether we have any kids there or not. It's not our call how they educate their own kids - UNLESS we are footing the bill for it. If they foot the bill without our financial input, then they ought to do as they damned well please.

posted on Apr, 9 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

If you go to Saudi Arabia or any muslim country and try to get away with western behavior, you will be deported if you're lucky, otherwise you'll be thrown in prison and/or beheaded for heresy. So when we go to muslim countries we play by their rules.

When they come to ours, they should STFU and play by our rules go GTF home!

Cheers - Dave
edit on 4/9.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Hey, they want to be the object of criticism, ignorant hate, and resentment? OK.

Keep pushing.

When Muslims are being persecuted like nobodies business, you can thank all these liberal retards for adding heaps social stress to your lives. Like you dont stand out enough as it is. You REALLY need this crap? ok....

Looks like special people need special treatment. That goes both ways.

edit on 4 10 2014 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   

This is Hysterical.. look how sad the man holding the flyer is in the article. Personally i think so called "News" websites should have a voting system on every garbage-laden article they're pump out, thus allowing the readers to determine the worthiness of the piece. If the voting is overwhelmingly negative, then they should destroy the article and archives and never bring up the stupid pointless interest group serving topic again..

I'm tired of the forced sensitivity constantly being jammed down everyone's throats... A flyer was passed around? what? oh my god no! how dare those christians! The flyer is inviting anyone to walk around in a field picking up eggs with candy in them, and maybe have a chance to take a photo with a guy in a bunny costume.. I don't think people should be upset with major christian holidays any more as they have next to nothing to do with the religion in general. big fat man flying overhead at night squeezing into chimneys to give you store bought gifts...

If everyone else in the school had received a flyer and lets say that whomever was dispersing them chose to not give it to any muslim children, would that be another news worthy article? how some non-sensitive christian was racially or ethnically profile when handing out flyers?

I wish we could all have a grown up conversation with the citizenry of this country and once and for all determine what is deemed religious and should it be tolerated in school. can muslims pray in school? well if i cant pass around a flyer, then hell no, you cant pray. what if my children ask what your kids are doing and somehow my kids find it interesting and choose to convert. I dont want my own children being capable of independent thought. I want to follow a christian (and muslim) tradition of jamming my belief system into their minds so thoroughly and trying to shut out all opposing views that a in turn develop a very well rounded individual capable of critical thought.. what if my jewish friend invited me to his barmitzvah and gave me the invitation in school? hell no! he should be suspended for asking me to participate in his religious milestone!

Sometimes i wish my family wouldve never migrated to this country from italy. Its a cesspool of complainers and people who decree that you must tolerate their views and belief while they aim at suppressing your own..

I would love to see a follow up story in the news stating that the parents house was egged later that night and they saw a man in a bunny suit running away from the scene..

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by killjoy99

I think all of this over the top forced sensitivity conditioning is having an adverse effect as i get older. When i was a kid i had friends of all religions, race, etc. We were blind to it all. It didn't matter. We all joked and made fun of eachother over our beliefs, attire, accents, etc. But we all stayed friends. We were able to question the absurdness of the propaganda of the generations, but now that I am older (in my 30's), i realize that something is very wrong here.. Where did all of those light hearted people go? The ones that were able to joke about it and not get personally insulted to the point of calling in the media. I think this is what has made me so cynical later in life. The fact that there are still people like my parents and friends parents who still cling to these stories and beliefs and continue to push their view onto everyone. Even susceptible children.. they do not allow for opposing or alternating views, nor weigh in the validity of the oppositions questions. I personally have two little children and if they ask me about christianity (I was raised episcopalian), i will let them know that even the christians cant agree on their own religion. I would tell them that their have been over millions of religions, some monotheistic and some poly. I would give them answers that makes them ask more questions so that in the end they hopefully realize how far they've come from their original question and realize that how can billions of people throughout the dawn of time have all been incorrect about their god(s). As a parent i feel that i would be doing my children a disservice instilling fire and brimstone into them before they are able to critically examine the stories. I will do my best as a father to raise them right, well mannered, compassionate, loyal, loving, and caring. I will also chose to stand by them no matter what choices they make in life be it good or bad, i will always try to help them in their walk in life so that they can be happy, successful, Good people. I don't think we need a god or gods to tell us to do that

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Part of immigrating here should require they understand that there's free speech in this country. They moved here, not the other way around. Don't like it? Go back to where you came from, and don't let the door hit your ass on the way out.

posted on Apr, 10 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   
What?! They're passing out flyers for a holiday event that Americans have celebrated for numerous years?

Lol, If you don't like it, why don't you just go back to a country that better suits your lifestyle than?

The ignorance of people astounds me.

-Shady

edit on 10-4-2014 by ItzShadyT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I am getting Tores of jews and muslims harping about christianity. I am not that religious myself but do take the gifts and choccolate. Most of us are (latent) Christians. Dont like that then go Live where you are more comfortable.

posted on Apr, 11 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I just noticed something yesterday at my 'Medical Practioners'..

They have separated the women doctors from the Male Doctors... before, they were both mixing on the ground floor and upper floor, now its the women on the top floor and the men on the ground floor!

They are doing this stuff everywhere... separating and dividing.

Didn't we just spend the last 100 years changing things, so we could live and work side by side?

Things are going to change for the worse, not for the better IMO.

I really do not see a bright future for the children (if you have any), because they can't vote and don't have a say in what their futures will be like but if this encroachment on Society keeps moving forward without Parliament paying attention, we are going to be living in a Country that will not be 'England' anymore... and your children will hate you for it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join