It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Parents upset over Easter egg hunt flyer

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

If one doesn't like the Christian way of doing things then don't move yourself and your family into a Christian country - simple as that.

The idea of moving into a Christian country and then trying to change everything seems like underhand conversion tactics which I don'[t fall for.

These religions that come basically from so far ago expecting to be accommodated today is ludicrous. Those who try to bend over backwards to accommodate people who want to live in that mode are selling the rest of the population short. Why should people be expected to change their traditions and enjoyment for someone else's beliefs? Why come to a country you must know is going to be impossible for you to assimilate into in the first place?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
His kid likely wanted to go, and he can't allow that because of what they're religion is and where this event takes place and what it signifies/symbolizes (nevermind that it's really more of a pagan practice that just for fun than and actual observance of the Resurrection). He's probably aware that in some places they have perfectly PC, sanitized versions of the same thing called just spring egg hunts, and so he's hoping if he complains enough the school will have one of those so he doesn't have to tell his kid no.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
well ScottProphhit I thank you for your contributions here. I admit a lot of my news comes from sites that would be considered anti Islamic. But in my opinion if they state the truth thay are not really anti Islamic. So unless they report outright lies, there are bunches of Muslims living on welfare in England. Even taking multiple houses for multiple wives. I can find links and you can debunk if you can.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Maybe there is, but a bunch isn't a number! It's the news brother, they can hype any information they want to make you think a certain way! In the past I was talking bad about Islam to a young Muslim girl and she simply said "don't use the actions of one person to define another" she's clever eh.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What is the problem about having every religion on the same playing field?

I am not religious by any means, but I am on the muslim side because christianity has had a strangle hold on north america for ever. The only religious holidays we have are CHRISTIAN HOLIDAYS, not muslim, not buddist, not hindu, not sikh, not pegan, just christian.

Im not trying to be hateful here. I am an Athiest but I want all religions to have the same and equal rights or have no rights at all for religions.

On the other hand though, if that flier had no religious context other then the word 'Easter' before 'Egg Hunt' Then then there should be no problem as the child has the right not to participate in the event if it feels wrong to them.

How can you have a "Free" society in a multi-national contenent if only one set of beliefs is the RIGHT way?
I want equality for every religion in North America and I believe That if you TRULEY want seperation of church and state then you must cut all christian holidays from the calender. For only then have you truley seperated church from state as the state grants the church the abbility have a day of worship (even if people dont believe) which means they are working together. Thats my personal opinion, Besides christian holidays have become more of a corporate cash grab now a days. No body really celebrates Jesus being born or dieing, all they care about is free presents, chocolate, and expensive hot meals at the end. So why not get rid of the religious context as it is just hanging by a thread anyways.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottProphhit

she simply said "don't use the actions of one person to define another" she's clever eh.

she is clever.Unfortunately that doesnt apply to Muslims. hence the attack on the Benghazi compound because some Muslims were upset over a movie.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
What an eye opener?. I organise Easter egg hunts because kids like them, not really getting worked up about religion (I class myself as fundamental agnostic). Easter bunny is up there with Father Christmas, a completely fictional character now completely detached from religion. And its roots are quite pagan, Easter connected to the word Oestragen.
Agree with other commentators, it does seem that the media is stirring it a bit.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen to a Christian if they moved to a Muslim country and cried outrage that their beliefs were being violated?
Would they have the right to demand Muslim's change their laws to accommodate an immigrants religious beliefs?

The main gist of all religions, IMO, is to be filled with love, and live your life in a loving way towards all things. Until people quit picking and choosing bits and pieces to fight over, humanity will not evolve spiritually.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by snypwsd

Well kinda what I am saying, we are not on the same playing field. Muslims seem to get whatever they want while any Christian symbolism is taken down.

I am not religious by any means, but I am on the muslim side because christianity has had a strangle hold on north america for ever.

maybe just because Christians forged this country?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

tinner07

she simply said "don't use the actions of one person to define another" she's clever eh.

she is clever.Unfortunately that doesnt apply to Muslims. hence the attack on the Benghazi compound because some Muslims were upset over a movie.

So 100 people represent a billion? Brother you're taking sides and you shouldn't

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:53 PM
link   

So the seven year old supposedly was upset and said to the dad ... 'churches and schools are supposed to be separate and I'm upset about being invited to an event that has tons of candy for the kids' ..... yeah, right. I'm not buying it. That's the parent talking ...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

No 100 do not represent a billion. But pull your head out of the sand my brother, you know more than 100 people rioted and killed because of that movie.

That is kinda what gets me... Muslims are appalled by something and riot and kill. Now that appalls me, so by their thinking it is ok if I riot and kill them.

You want more? there are a bunch of links where muslims are appalled so they riot and kill. I can throw a hundred pics of muslims cutting heads off,

Let me ask you this, would you like Scotland to be a Muslim country?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Everyone is invited to our Holy day celebrations. Clothes optional....

Church of the subGenius. Praise Bob!!!

www.subgenius.com...

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

we love the clothes optional lifestyle

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

And with that sort of attitude, as a Muslim you are more than welcome in our western way of living.

The annoying thing about some muslims is that all this pushing for special rights alienates them and creates feelings of prejudice. As a white westerner, I'm glad to have people from other cultures and religions in my society. I enjoy learning tidbits from their languages, I'm interested to know what their values are, I love trying their food and I enjoy the privilege of earning their friendship.

However, when groups of people start demanding that I change my ways to be more like them it gets me hot under the collar. After all, I'm okay with what they do and how they live, as long as its lawful. Why shouldn't they offer me the same courtesy back?
edit on 6-4-2014 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Why are you so racist?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

tinner07

You want more? there are a bunch of links where muslims are appalled so they riot and kill. I can throw a hundred pics of muslims cutting heads off

U.S soldiers have been raping and killing Muslims for 20 years, there are children born in Afghanistan with two heads because of British and American bombs. Should you be blamed for that?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

Don't blame Muslims for how the media potrays them. I feel so sorry for what british muslims go through living in Britain; the BBC spitting on them basically

RIGHT! It's 100% how the media portrays them:

All they had to do was ignore the guys holding the signs. This is just one of MANY examples.
edit on 6-4-2014 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Youre still assuming that a small group is the thoughts of many. That's like believing the KKK is every white American. I don't like calling things stupid but racism is idiotic.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

ScottProphhit

U.S soldiers have been raping and killing Muslims for 20 years, there are children born in Afghanistan with two heads because of British and American bombs. Should you be blamed for that?

NOT British or American here personally, and I do partially agree with what you say.

However

Its far from just Muslim people who have been the target of this duos unwelcome attention. Look at the two Koreas, Japan, and Vietnam to name just a few where bombs trained down and people suffered through interference. Heck, at one point America even considered invading a so called friend, Australia!

Its not your religion our your race they hate. The Muslim countries they are meddling with have something they want, usually oil.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join