It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shill issue?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

Do you consider anyone who disagrees with you vehemently a shill?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Springer
Such utter nonsense. This is the INTERNETS people! Trolls abound shills are myths. Get a clue and a much thicker skin (a faster brain helps too).

I think you might be wrong on this like I said I believe it is a slippery slope........But you have to admit when hot topics come about and new posters come out of the wood work and parrot the same thing it is kinda weird.

If I was the PTB I would use every tool I could and with the mainstream media losing it's grip.............
edit on 5-4-2014 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Can someone explain the difference between a shill and a troll please???

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

A shill is paid and or pushing a organized agenda a troll is all about causing trouble.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   

SubTruth
reply to post by mOjOm

A shill is paid and or pushing a organized agenda a troll is all about causing trouble.

Ok. But a shill doesn't have to be paid for by ATS to qualify though right??? It could be anyone under payment to push an agenda anywhere on the net right??? Because, if that is the case then I'm sure there must be shills here from time to time because as we all know there are in fact difference groups who do pay people to post online in various places to influence opinion. I can't imagine that ATS would be overlooked as a place to try and influence.

I'm sure there are more trolls than shills though. But most are probably just people with opposing opinions.

Seem to me that a Shill would always be a troll whereas a troll isn't always a shill. Not 100% sure if that would be right, but maybe..

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Yep you mostly right. Many,many more trolls..........But like I said as the mainstream media loses it control over the masses TPTB will start to use forums like this to push whatever agenda they want.

And yes I really believe we have them here today some are easy to spot others are very smart.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

mOjOm
Can someone explain the difference between a shill and a troll please???

A shill is a name spouted out by weak minded people who get upset with people who hold a different point of view then them.

They aren't smart enough to realise that A. People are capable of having differing views to them and B. Shills would be completely redundant anyway, since there clearly is no swaying their opinion and disregard and ignore any opposing opinion.

It's like those that claim such and such a topic is a distraction from another topic...really?

A good indication of their attention span and brain power...or lack there of.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   
A good way to spot a shill is they are the people trying to claim others are shills, this is done to distract others from noting their own shilling!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

What SLAYER69 said...though...

beezzer
[...]
5.) I like scotch. It has nothing to do with the subject, but my OCD makes me do 5 items.

...Beezzer is clearly shilling for scotch here. I do hope he gets payment in kind!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:54 AM
link   

SubTruth

Springer
Such utter nonsense. This is the INTERNETS people! Trolls abound shills are myths. Get a clue and a much thicker skin (a faster brain helps too).

If I was the PTB I would use every tool I could and with the mainstream media losing it's grip.............

But you are not the PTB, so live with it.

The strange pattern that occurs on here is that if one person has a differing view to a few he is classed as a shill!! Just because someone has a differing view on hot topics does not mean he is a shill, it could be his/her first exposure to that topic and based on upbringing and demographics could hold a completely warped view. IF you do not like it then don't respond.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Springer
... and a much thicker skin (a faster brain helps too).

Great advice there. And I'd add to it by saying that in nature, if left to nature''s devices, as the skin gets thicker the brain (or at least the brain to finger connection) tends to gets slower, so somehow try to fast track the development of that thick skin while the brain can still keep up. (I hope my fingers made that come out right!)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chronogoblin

What is a Shill in your view?

A word that is banded about here
far to often.

Most cases of it's use is by someone who is losing an argument
and has nothing left to come back with other than
name calling "Shill". LoL

/

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
How To Repel A Heathen Shill 101:

Step 1) Purchase a rose quartz crystal, it must be larger than a dime, but smaller than a quarter

Step 2) Go home and cover all mirrors with a purple velveteen cloth

Step 3) Lie flat on the floor with the top of your head aimed towards magnetic North

Step 4) Light a 100% pure beeswax candle and place it at the end of your feet

Step 5) At precisely 12:01am, lift your shirt and rub the rose quartz counterclockwise around your belly button exactly 3 times, starting at the "12 o'clock" position and ending at that same position. This must be done in a slow, methodical motion, but it's very important that you complete the 3 revolutions before the clock strikes 12:02am

And voila !
You have repelled those horrifying shills !
Anything a shill says, will bounce off of you and stick to someone else !

Important note: In the case of a very very well paid shill, it may be necessary to repeat the above process for several nights in a row.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Springer

Say it isn't so!!
Any advice for a brain that's not as quick as it used to be would be helpful.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

beezzer

Goteborg
What's the difference between a new member doing this openly in a political forum or an established member doing it by injecting their politics into threads which are ostensibly about non-political topics.

At least the "shill" is honest and open about their intentions.

Yeah. Honest. Not like Obama-. . . oops.

***************************************************************************************

Seriously, those of us that live in the political forums (I actually get my mail forwarded there) it's a never ending, ongoing battle.

But just imagine how boring the political forums would be if we all agreed on everything.

I agree Beez, the political forums are like a cage fight to the death with words....it is entertaining from time to time. Especially after I have had a 40oz.

Very good fun if debating the merits of attempting to implement known failures of logic is ones idea of a good time.

Or you like beating your head against a wall, same thing most of the time.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Oh man ... you'll be having a lot of 'fun' in 2016 ... during the election year.
Prepare yourself ....

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Personally, I would be more concerned with buying into the false "left/right" political paradigm that divides the country and prevents real change from occurring.

Also, you don't think freedom of speech is important?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Sirrurg

...Beezzer is clearly shilling for scotch here. I do hope he gets payment in kind!

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
New shrills vs old shrills. People promoting there unwavering believe even beyond logic or reason can easily be labeled a shrill. It can be difficult to tell the difference.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Ok, it seems a few people think that I am about censorship, or that I am somehow naive to how the game works, neither is the case. I was mistaken, in thinking that it matters to folks. I guess I simply dislike dishonesty. Thank you for your answers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join