It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shill issue?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Here's a shill, there's a shill, everyone's a shill shill...

Oh...ATS...has a shill, e, i, e, i, o....

Personally, I've encountered many who have a different opinion on things than I do but a shill? Nope.

I never bought into the paid shill suppositions. Or paid agents or whatever.. I was once called an Israeli agent though lol...

Go figure !

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Right now calling what some believe to be a shill - a shill... is like calling a banker a fraudster. Once upon a time they were fraudsters but the world eventually accepted them as bankers.

What we call a shill today will simply be seen as an IRM or Internet Reputation Manager in the future.

Don't hate them for being revolutionary.

BRAND.com
ed it on 6-4-2014 by MALBOSIA because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Yes, lets ban people that don't agree with us. Then lets put up fences so they don't come back. Then lets put fences around them. Then lets put them in ovens.

After all, fences cost money.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Springer
Such utter nonsense. This is the INTERNETS people! Trolls abound shills are myths. Get a clue and a much thicker skin (a faster brain helps too).

Faster brain? like speaking before thinking?

What you claim to be nonsense and a myth is actually a booming industry.

Reputaion Management

Reputation management is the understanding or influencing of an individual's or business's reputation. It was originally coined as a public relations term, but advancement in computing, the internet and social media made it primarily an issue of search results. Some parts of reputation management are often associated with ethical grey areas, such as astroturfing review sites,

giving it a dirty word like "shill" does not obfuscate the fact to me that this really does exist. And it is main stream. Yet when we see it happen on these boards anyone that notices is declared a paranoid lesser being in a tin foil hat. or by your remarks, those with slow brains. Sort of a management of a reputation in itself. Don't you think?

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by MALBOSIA

Really? You compare the legitimate practice of reputation management to shills on ATS? REALLY?

OK then, have a nice day.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Springer

Really? You compare the legitimate practice of reputation management to shills on ATS? REALLY?

Ohhhhhhh MIC drop!!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Springer

How is it any different? And who says being a "shill" is not legit?

Not being required to identify yourself as a reputation manager is what breeds the suspicion of shills. How do you expect members to know the difference? What is the difference?

And thank you. You have a nice day as well.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Knowledge and research that leads to knowledge into what's what, that's how you distinguish between what this thread's topic is about and legitimate marketing pursuits.

Seriously.

Some basic understanding of ROI would be awesome too.

I can completely understand how if you don't understand how the digital ecosystem works you could mistake one for the other, but that doesn't mean that mistake is real.

Anyway, I've done all I can here to help, it's now up to you to find the truth as you choose to see it.

posted on Jun, 8 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
reply to post by Danbones

That program, trying to stop a government's choke on social media and get young people to move in a specific political direction (dissent against the current regime) is not what this topic is about. That's a major program looking to enact social change via new media.

The shills this thread is about are individuals who are paid to post on public forums to sway opinion or out yell the opposition. BIG difference but, your post does prove something we've been saying for over a decade, you can bet the governments, big corps and others with deep pockets will try to manipulate the internet in their favor by whatever means they can afford or have been sold on.

My point in this thread has been that "paid individual shills posting on a public forum" is so small time and has such a dismal potential ROI, it would never be done by anyone smart enough to worry about.

Well it seems you were wrong about the paid Russian Troll Army as it is called. It is what it is. This is now a fact and I hate to say I told ya so........Not really.

(post by zigzags removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join