It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does more Guns = Less Crime ?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   

neo96

anon72
reply to post by neo96

Perhaps, but they'll at least think twice when they come for me.

Once you are not feared as a man anymore, you are no longer a man......

The rest will just dial 9-1-1.

Ands wait for someone to come 'save' them.
edit on 4-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Pathetic isnt it?

I dont dial 911, until I need them to come and clean up the mess, and remove the body......this guy wont try to invade anyone elses home at knife point.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The more reasonable way to look at it is this: Ask yourself WHY government wants our guns so bad, and be cognizant of the fact that they are all a bunch of self-serving bastards. It has nothing at all to do with "gun violence"... and it never has. The only reason that we still have many of the freedoms that we do, is because the government still has to deal with an armed populace.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

sk yourself WHY government wants our guns so bad, and be cognizant of the fact that they are all a bunch of self-serving bastards.

That's is epic cognitive dissonance there because that same government will turn around and run guns to Mexico, and arm 'terrorist' and despotic regime with guns, and other things worse.

Apparently guns in Americans hands are 'bad'.

But they are fine in other peoples hands.

Especially those who are trying to fight their own government.

The reason they want our guns are so bad, is if they ever do get them.

That is when the real tyrannical actions begin.

They have accomplished that over the last 70 years.

The government, the police, and the criminals are ALL better armed than us average people.

And they are trying to turn us in to criminals.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

grey580
reply to post by dashen

Oh not so.

I used to do italian renaissance fairs. And at those we did stage combat with swords. Living chess at Vizcaya in Miami FL.

About 6 guys in our group went dressed up for Halloween in full italian renaissance garb. Dublet, tights, cod piece, hats and swords.

As they were leaving Coconut Grove at 2am some guy pulls a gun on them by the parking lot. He says give me your money.

The guys all look at each other and draw swords.

One of my friends told the guy, "I've been shot and I've been stabbed. Being stabbed hurts worse. You might shoot one of us. But the rest are going to run you through if you shoot. And we'll wait till you bleed out before calling 911. Your call."

The guy dropped the gun and ran.

Beautiful!!!!!!

These scum bags are all sissy arsed punks, looking for easy prey.
This video should help sum it up really well, skip to a minute 10 secs.

WARNING EXPLICIT LANGUAGE, DO NOT WATCH IF THE EFF WORD OFFENDS YOU,OR YOU ARE UNCOMFORTABLE WITH CONFRONTATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Akragon
Might want to take Canada as an example...

Little to no guns, little to no gun violence... except by a few idiots, and cops...

Works for us... why not for the US as well?

Exactly!!!

More guns = less crime???

Lmao

Lololololololol

Tell it to South Africa.

Lol

People, people.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oblvion

Yes it is pathetic.

Because as nature laws,god laws intended people have the RIGHT to defend themselves.

Some people outsource that to someone else, usually sitting a local Dunkin Donuts.

And sometimes that 'cure' is worse than the disease.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

mysterioustranger
Let me explain it this way. One US state made guns legal to own and carry for pretty much everyone, and crime went way, WAY down.

The reason? Criminals are a bit more hesitant to rob that little old lady or that guy in the wheelchair-or mom with kids...when they know they all could be packing.

Too risky. A deterent. And its a major one. Death.

You sure?

Clearly you've never lived in Detroit.

No one here is afraid of an old lady with a six-shooter.

I promise.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by applesthateatpeople

You Canadians failed to mention that violent crime has more than doubled in Canada since the gun bans...

www.freerepublic.com...

oh...and Britain and Oz as well...." The British government banned handguns in 1997 but recently reported that gun crime in England and Wales nearly doubled in the four years from 1998-99 to 2002-03. "

edit on 4-4-2014 by Taobender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Taobender

Actually, I'm from Detroit ( like I said).

Canada is way more peaceful than this place.

You should know that, already.

Why do you not?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
They also fail to mention that we ALREADY have laws that say that a person can not HARM or KILL someone else.

So their 'solution' is to make more laws that punish people who will never harm someone else, and who will never harm someone else.

Gun control laws hold people accountable for actions they have never done, and the 'majority' will never do.

Gun control laws are not needed.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Yes the rest of the western world has no freedom .. America is the only place left in the whole world that has freedom because you have a right to a fire arm ? wow

I would say ya it has something to do with gun violence , where one can walking into a store and walk out with a fire arm with no checks or nothing , then people scratch their heads wondering why there was another mass shooting at the same base as lunatics have every right to arm and protect themselves too right?

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Maybe so, but facts are facts.

If indeed Canada is more " peaceful " than the US, the numbers show it has absolutely nothing to do with the availability of guns, in fact, the numbers show that Canada has gotten much less " peaceful " since they outlawed guns

EDIT : what am I thinking ?....since when do people suffering from cognitive dissonance listen to facts ? Silly me

edit on 4-4-2014 by Taobender because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

would say ya it has something to do with gun violence , where one can walking into a store and walk out with a fire arm with no checks or nothing

They have not been able to do that for over 60 years.

But then again it's bloody 'evil' to ask someone for ID to vote, but not to buy a gun.

A right that is guaranteed by the 2nd,4th,5th,6th,7th,9th,10th amendments.

We the people of the United states of America DO NOT NEED governments' permission to own a gun, or buy one.

edit on 4-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I DO live in the greater Detroit area, and owned a house in Brightmoor (you know).

edit on 09-22-2013 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Taobender

Lol

I'm sorry, but I'm stepping off this crazy train before I start sharing my true feelings.

I'd probably be banned.

I own no guns, I am no criminal.

Think about it...

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

emotion or reason is a difficult choice for some

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

neo96

We the people of the United states of America DO NOT NEED governments' permission to own a gun, or buy one.

Ya neither do mentally unstable people who shooting up the place
edit on 4/4/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Taobender
You Canadians failed to mention that violent crime has more than doubled in Canada since the gun bans...

No it hasn't.

It has doubled since our government redefined violent crimes.

Violent Crimes - USA:
Murder
Forcible Rape
Robbery
Aggravated Assault

Violent Crimes - Canada:
Homicide
Attempted Murder
Sexual Assault (Levels 1-3)
Assault (Levels 1-3)
Robbery
Criminal Harassment
Uttering Threats
Other Violations (Total other violent violations include total other violations causing death, total sexual violations against children, total firearms (use of, discharge, pointing), forcible confinement or kidnapping, total abduction, extortion, threatening or harassing phone calls, total other violent violations.)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

freedomSlave

neo96

Ya neither do mentally unstable people who shooting up the place
edit on 4/4/14 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

AS WAS ALREADY SAID.

There are ALREADLY LAWS that say people can't harm or hurt someone else.

And for the record ALL gun owners are NOT mentally unstable.

So stop trying to make them all out to be.

And stop holding them accountable for actions THEY DO NOT DO.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Taobender
Maybe so, but facts are facts.

If you have 'facts', you have yet to present them.

If indeed Canada is more " peaceful " than the US, the numbers show it has absolutely nothing to do with the availability of guns, in fact, the numbers show that Canada has gotten much less " peaceful " since they outlawed guns.

Aside from the fact that guns are not outlawed in Canada (30% of Canadian households have one), our crime rate (total, property, violent, and other) have been in decline since 1991...regardless of government policy towards guns...or even crime for that matter.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join