It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does more Guns = Less Crime ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Taobender

anon72
reply to post by neo96

Perhaps, but they'll at least think twice when they come for me.

Once you are not feared as a man anymore, you are no longer a man......

PEOPLE ASK WHY?
Why Carry a Gun?
My old grandpa said to me 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops
bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a
beating.'

www.balough.info...

neo96

anon72
This is what people to remember:

And the biggest wolf in this country ?

Is it's own government hiding in sheeps clothing.

edit on 4-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

'Those who beat their swords into plowshares end up plowing for those who kept their swords.' Benjamin Franklin

The corollary to the right to keep and bear arms is to obtian the proper training with those arms and to practice often.

Need more fact about gun control and crime
look here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

Why are there so many canadians so oblivious and ignorant? Guns are banned in canada indeed....

Handguns are restricted, at least in NB, but there is nowhere near a ban. Even lots of "assault rifles" are legal here, easier to obtain than in the US too.... I can even own a silencer, in NY that is a serious crime

Oh and no registration makes me happy too. The government has no idea who may have a gun, I wonder if that is why a whole lot less doors get kicked in by police up here

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Onslaught2996
reply to post by Xtrozero

What about the cities..shouldn't violent crime be crazy there....I mean we have less guns so the criminals should be running everything.

Also what does being cold have to do with anything..and nine months...lol...yeah sure...get some facts straight.

I was joking.... but anyhow, why do you assume that your situation would work everywhere? You do know that the rest of the world is very different than Candia is, right? Do you think guns are the culprit as to why America is as it is?
edit on 5-4-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Cause the good guys shoot back?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

'Those who beat their swords into plowshares end up plowing for those who kept their swords.' Benjamin Franklin

I'm gonna use that, thanks!

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Criminals...robbers in particular are looking to steal something as easily as possible. The easier, the better. A gun or dog is an obstacle. If they know you have one...the house next door is easier and likely just as profitable. End of story. Get a gun or get a big, mean (looking and sounding) dog.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Onslaught2996

The gun make the criminals feel the same way the coward American male gun owner feels. Brave.

My great country of Canada

Where's Canada?
edit on 6-4-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Assured mutual destruction.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

Thats silly. Don't troll.
Canada has a fraction of the population and the crime has very little to do with guns.

I own a gun. Doesnt make me feel brave just prepared if someone invades the home or tries to attack when in traveling.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
The gun debate is over. The 2nd Amendment in the U.S. Constitution won. Piers Morgan lost, and is reportedly looking for a new job.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well said.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Are you suggesting that Law Enforcement shouldn't shoot back ? They are the good guys, right? Then the answer to your rhetorical question is Yes, good guys shoot back.

posted on Apr, 6 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Those who keep trying to compare Canada crime rates with the US forget certain facts, like how California state alone has a higher population then all of Canada (~38 mil) and there are more immigrants living the US today then the entire population of Canada. It's like trying to compare crime rates between New York City and Smallville.

So when you ask how come Canada has it better then the US when it comes to crime, look at the logistics your dealing with.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by peck420

Why are there so many canadians so oblivious and ignorant? Guns are banned in canada indeed....

Handguns are restricted, at least in NB, but there is nowhere near a ban. Even lots of "assault rifles" are legal here, easier to obtain than in the US too.... I can even own a silencer, in NY that is a serious crime

Oh and no registration makes me happy too. The government has no idea who may have a gun, I wonder if that is why a whole lot less doors get kicked in by police up here

Maybe you can start with pointing out where I claimed guns are banned in Canada, before you go on a rant?

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by peck420

You didn't. The person you responded to did. I responded to you because it's nice to come across a Canadain that isn't oblivious on the internet lol.
edit on Mon, 07 Apr 2014 11:28:24 -0500 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

not if you're within 6' ...I guarantee it .

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Because if a criminal comes into my home to rape my wife and children, or to kill us for hardly anything....I will have a right to defend my family against someone who really is a cancer to this world anyway. If enough criminals that prey on people get shot for doing so.......everyone will think twice about doing what the last dead guy did. No teenage punks will walk up to someone on the street and punch him in the face playing this "knock out game"...if they know here is even a remote possibility of that victim pulling a gun out and showing them that every action has a reaction.....sometimes a lesson that will take place, but never learned..others will learn from that idiots lesson.

posted on Apr, 7 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

AMEN!!! I live in Canada now and all I hear is slander against America and our guns. Yet everyone here lives like obedient slaves to the Queen. No personal freedom here at all, just the illusion of freedom. In fact, you can only make so much money here...when you make so much money...the government takes the rest. If you get paid 24.00 an hour and work overtime....you will get paid as much as someone who makes 14.oo an hour either way...seems pointless to make more money really. Its just stupid. These guys over here get reamed constantly, and they just sit back and take it and then shout...Glory to the Queen....WHO ISNT EVEN A LEADER OR RESIDENT OF THEIR COUNTRY! They honor another country's Queen as their own....just weird.

posted on Apr, 8 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Akragon
Might want to take Canada as an example...

Little to no guns, little to no gun violence... except by a few idiots, and cops...

Works for us... why not for the US as well?

Man, you too?

Gun violence is not the be all end all of violent crime. We are not talking about the specific subsect of violent crime: gun related violence. We are talking violent crime on the whole.

I am compelled to presume you are not misdirecting the conversation on purpose, and just have been fooled into lumping the terms "violent crime" and "gun violence" together via the mouthpieces of political agenda.

posted on Apr, 14 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I have sincerely enjoyed my several visits to Canada, and it is a great country indeed. However, we are not Canada, we have a different history, and comparisons with other countries is irrelevant on many levels, not the least of which is that we have an entirely different Constitution.
edit on 14-4-2014 by rickynews because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join