It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable Care Act "obamacare", on track to meet enrollee goal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

neo96
reply to post by Bilk22

I feel the numbers are much more bleak than they would dare tell us.

Yep if they really were what they sold themselves as 'The most transparent administration in US history'.

We would know the real numbers.

How many enrolled.
How many paid.
How many did not previously didn't 'have' insurance.
How many people signed up with 'prexisiting' conditions.

They are full of crap.

Defending the indefensible.

The ACA is pure fascism, and they don't care.
edit on 1-4-2014 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

The Insurance companies are Nazis, they need to be put down in their place.

Opt in Universal Healthcare, then YOU are free to buy private insurance and I am free to pay for my medicare, both are happy.
This nation is not capable of maintaining universal HC. It works in much smaller, less populated and more homogenous places. It won't work here. How well does our huge megalithic government run anything but the military? How well do they run Medicaid or Medicare? How well do they run our school system? This nation used to be good at industry and they ruined that too. Why do you want them screwing with HC? The poor had options. Why screw it for everyone else who either had employer coverage or self-payers? You want guaranteed insurance for pre-existing conditions? I'm fine with that. Make a law that no one can be "discriminated" against. We already have those laws. Use it to enforce HC coverage.

You are speculating because you don't like the idea. As you said, this country ACTUALLY runs the military and we are safe from other governments (at least lol)

So I disagree with you in many ways.

First of all, Medicare simply remits payment, they do not provide healthcare, they negotiate reimbursement rates and they are account holders, that is about all they do essentially.

Second, Noridian is the private company that administers the program www.noridianmedicare.com...

Thrid, Doctors provide the healthcare and then they send the claim to Noridian.

Noridian processes the claim and if it approved, the doctors receives a check and an EOB.

The check is taken to the bank and the funds are disbursed from the governments account.

THAT IS the MEDICARE system in a nutshell.

Now I would much rather trust this government with another bank account than I would with nukes. I would imagine since people fear the government so much, actual dangerous things would scare people more than being the trustee to a fund.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

buster2010

beezzer
reply to post by sheepslayer247

What we're all forgetting is that healthcare is NOT a right.

It is a commodity.

Now being subsidized by the government.

Had FDR gotten the second bill of rights passed it would have been a right. And the founding fathers had no problem taxing incoming ships to pay for medical care for sailors that were hurt or crippled while working.

It is not a right! Dress it how ever you choose, but when you have to take something from someone else, to GIVE to someone, then it isn't a right.

I have a right to free speech. But what ever words I use, don't lessen the words you want to choose later to use.

Taxes. That is what it is. Taxes are nothing more than a type of wealth redistribution. Who benefits from wealth redistribution does not enjoy that "right". What they are enjoying is something at the cost of others.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

beezzer
Back to the main point of this thread. . . .

So "7 million" signed up.

If Obamacare was so wonderful, then why isn't the number @ 300 million?

So @ 2% of the population signed up to Obamacare. (Not paid, not enrolled, just signed into the website)

So 2 out of every 100 people signed up.

While 8 out of every 100 people still are uninsured.

Plus, more people now are working less hours due to employers cutting back on the 30 hour full-time rule brought forth by the emperor.

that leaves 90 out of 100 people who have yet to be affected, punished by this draconian mandate because the emperor pushed back the mandate until after the elections.

10 out of 100 people won't be enough for a full scale riot.

90 out of 100 people will.

the hyperbole is always thick with you. I bet you would have anything but jokes if you didn't have hyperbolic rhetoric.

You guys are so funny that NOW you are angry that not enough people have insurance???

Honesty, you guys have to stop contradicting yourselves, it is clear that you don't really care about the well being of other people unless they are rich or YOU. So I suggest sticking to another form of faux indignation, it is as bizarre a Nazi lamenting dead Gypsies.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

buster2010

beezzer

It is a commodity.

Had FDR gotten the second bill of rights passed it would have been a right. And the founding fathers had no problem taxing incoming ships to pay for medical care for sailors that were hurt or crippled while working.

just like FDRs social security, that's working great right. lol im glad to pay in to that scam at my age of 27 and not see a dime.

I would be better off taking that 6% of MY income and doing what I please but the government tends to hold a gun to my head and tell me what I need to do.
edit on 1-4-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

So @ 2% of the population signed up to Obamacare. (Not paid, not enrolled, just signed into the website)

Plus, more people now are working less hours due to employers cutting back on the 30 hour full-time rule brought forth by the emperor.

that leaves 90 out of 100 people who have yet to be affected, punished by this draconian mandate because the emperor pushed back the mandate until after the elections.

the hyperbole is always thick with you. I bet you would have anything but jokes if you didn't have hyperbolic rhetoric.

You guys are so funny that NOW you are angry that not enough people have insurance???

Honesty, you guys have to stop contradicting yourselves, it is clear that you don't really care about the well being of other people unless they are rich or YOU. So I suggest sticking to another form of faux indignation, it is as bizarre a Nazi lamenting dead Gypsies.

You can't find any flaw in what I posted.

So you resort to insults.

Typical.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

beezzer

buster2010

beezzer

It is a commodity.

It is not a right! Dress it how ever you choose, but when you have to take something from someone else, to GIVE to someone, then it isn't a right.

I have a right to free speech. But what ever words I use, don't lessen the words you want to choose later to use.

Taxes. That is what it is. Taxes are nothing more than a type of wealth redistribution. Who benefits from wealth redistribution does not enjoy that "right". What they are enjoying is something at the cost of others.

Yes, through taxes money is more and more being redistributed to the wealthy and corporations who can hire full time accountants and lawyers. But you guys don't seem to talk about that, you always focus on the people who do not have lobbyists, lawyers or accountants.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Typical.

you think for yourself. Do your own research and come to your own conclusions and your labeled a "faux news" watcher. I don't watch the news and clearly spurgeonatorsrevenge watch a lot of Faux news to know the difference so ill take his word for it.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

That's not entirely true, Beez. Taxes are necessary to provide for the public good. Roads, police, water purification...etc. There's no doubt that they can be used to funnel money to people that do not have the right to it, but I think it's dangerous to think that taxes equal wealth distribution.
edit on 1-4-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Typical.

If you can handle it, don't play the role.

It is clear from your participation on ATS that you are not concerned about people not seeing doctors when they are sick, you are concerned about the government. I am keeping you honest because god knows the Fox crowd is not good with rhetorical consistency.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:56 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

buster2010

beezzer

It is a commodity.

Yes, through taxes money is more and more being redistributed to the wealthy and corporations who can hire full time accountants and lawyers. But you guys don't seem to talk about that, you always focus on the people who do not have lobbyists, lawyers or accountants.

so who's allowing theses evil corporations to redistribute wealth for these banker bailouts? lets see, the government allows this. your answer to all questions, the government, allows the corporations to take tax payer money to bailout there fat cat friends. your government prints billions of dollars a month to give to bankers to keep banks afloat.

the root of all evil, government! how come the savoir and anointed one, Obama, doesn't give any of that printed money to the poor instead of his banker friends? this is just a hypothetical question because we all know, or I think we all know, that this would cause instant inflation. but it sure looks like Obama is practicing trickle down economics hahahaha. Its not working to well.

if its still not clear to you, this two party system is just one party.
edit on 1-4-2014 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

That's not entirely true, Beez. Taxes are necessary to provide for the public good. Roads, police, water purification...etc. There's no doubt that they can be used to funnel money to people that do not have the right to it, but I think it's dangerous to think that taxes equal wealth distribution.

My issue is that this position is a complete departure from reality, sheepslayer. What I see is that this chronic departure from reality is exactly what has crippled our political system. People like Beezzer make sure than every political discussion is absolutely dripping with confusion, contradiction, misinformation and pure fantasy. In a very honest way, this is how our system is broken, rational people are constantly having to enter into discussions that are contrived, falsified, conflated and fantasized. Death panel and Birth certificates is the model - and the strategy is to win by obscuring the TRUTH so much that everyone becomes tired with the entire discussion, or the subject of the discussion AKA; ACA. It is very maniacal and systematic. The fear of the age of Terror/Bush has simply morphed into this new form of hogwash, instead of blowin up Saddam we are gonna make sure them lazy poor people ain't going to no doctor on my dime... Initiate FEAR and HYPERBOLE

Mission Accomplished

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

It is clear from your participation on ATS that you are not concerned about people not seeing doctors when they are sick

Do you think that Beezer is responsible for everyone else, in matters of health care?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

spurgeonatorsrevenge

beezzer

Typical.

If you can handle it, don't play the role.

It is clear from your participation on ATS that you are not concerned about people not seeing doctors when they are sick,

Not any of my business what people do or don't do.

you are concerned about the government. I am keeping you honest because god knows the Fox crowd is not good with rhetorical consistency.

I'm concerned about government over-reach. And my looks are none of your business, but if you want to consider me a fox, that is your right.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

sheepslayer247
reply to post by beezzer

The public good at the cost of those that can afford it.

Taxes are wealth redistribution.

You take money from people that have it, call it "public good" pave a road, line a pocket, bribe a judge, purchase a prostitute. . . not sure what politicians spend it on, but they can't take money from the poor, because the poor have no money!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beez...
I just paid a bill at my urologist yesterday.
Are you gonna cover that or not?
It was 232 bucks... you're lucky I have good insurance. If i had Obamacare you'd be shuckin' out 5 grand.

ETA: The above was made in jest. I am not soliciting another member for money!
edit on bu302014-04-01T13:15:03-05:0001America/ChicagoTue, 01 Apr 2014 13:15:03 -05001u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I wouldn't do it because I am just a shill for foxes and rich people.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Honesty, you guys have to stop contradicting yourselves, it is clear that you don't really care about the well being of other people unless they are rich or YOU. S

Sounds like 'hyperbolic rhetoric' to me.

Yep someone sure is 'contradicting' themselves.

Just like the defenders of the ACA that is the antithesis of free market, and liberty.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You take money from people that have it, call it "public good" pave a road, line a pocket, bribe a judge, purchase a prostitute. . . not sure what politicians spend it on, but they can't take money from the poor, because the poor have no money!

They get paid by the poor vote.

Then they paid more cash for their campaign coffers by mult ithousand page bills like the ACA.

The bigger government gets the more money those politicians get paid.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
the sad part is these poor people think there covered with Obama care. yeah your covered, after the first $11,000 deductible and the $328 a month "insurance" payments.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

camaro68ss
the sad part is these poor people think there covered with Obama care. yeah your covered, after the first $11,000 deductible and the $328 a month "insurance" payments.

The sad part IMO

IS the poor already could get health insurance under medicaid.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join