It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable Care Act "obamacare", on track to meet enrollee goal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Kind of an old story (from yesterday) but several news sites are reporting that the affordable care act is on track to meet the goal of 7 million enrollments.

WASHINGTON (CBSNewYork/AP) –The deadline to sign up for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act passed at midnight Monday night. At 11 p.m., it appeared that the Affordable Care Act would meet its target of 7 million enrollees. But earlier Monday, millions of Americans were still struggling to enroll as they worked against the clock. As CBS 2’s Dick Brennan reported, in the Bronx Monday, there was a line to sign up.

Link

Well, first off let me say that I'm sort of happy that people were able to fight off all of the lies, misinformation and fear mongering that was and still is, being spread around by various groups, TV "news" stations and radio hosts.

There are now over 7 million people that have health insurance, who didn't have it several days ago.

That in my opinion is a step forward.

The state of denial may begin now

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

So what's the demographics of that 7 million? How many of those people are people with prior conditions or on subsidized plans that need others' tax money to pay for it? How many of those people are 20-somethings (the demographic this bill was designed to bankrupt to pay for the prior condition and subsidy crowd)? How many of those people have paid their first premium? I notice you celebrate people wading past the lies and misinformation spread by the detractors, but I notice you failed to mention your own side's lies and misinformation.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

muse7
Well, first off let me say that I'm sort of happy that people were able to fight off all of the lies, misinformation and fear mongering that was and still is, being spread around by various groups, TV "news" stations and radio hosts.

Don't worry my old friend. The "lies, misinformation and fear mongering" is still alive and well in some of the good posters of ATS.

Here's a shameless plug of my Thread from yesterday to support the above statement.
Last Minute Rush for Obamacare

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Im glad that some people were able to get the insurance they need. Or should we say, forced to purchase.

What people don't talk about is how many people had insurance before the ACA, but lost it because it was cheaper for their employer to pay the fine than to provide that insurance; or lost their insurance because the plan they had was not "good enough" under the new regulations.

The insurance plan I had for my kids wasn't good enough, apparently, and now I pay about 50% more than I used to for almost the same coverage.....except the deductible is double.

The ACA is nothing more then a corporate giveaway and if we do not comply.....we pay the price.
edit on 1-4-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I read yesterday people were being accepted then will be reviewed at a later date. So they say you have insurance but can you use it???

Save our country VOTE REPUBLICAN but act like a Democrat and VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN!!!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Sometimes I don't even know why I bother with threads to be honest, but hey it's a good form of entertainment on a boring Tuesday morning

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well Muse, I'll say this. It's very accurate to say some people are benefiting from Obamacare/PPACA. I have met a couple in RL and there are a couple on ATS who have seen literal improvement to their situation as a result of what the ACA provided. It's happened. It does happen. It's dishonest not to acknowledge that aspect as I see many in media and around the net do to make it look worse somehow.

On a realistic note...We were sold this in 2009 on the idea it would insure the 20-30 million uninsured people in America at that time. That was a few % of unemployment ago...and many millions who had it then, don't now. Given that....We're saying that they only have 1/4 to 1/3rd of the original uninsured even signed up, at the "drop dead" deadline where everyone not otherwise covered should absolutely be entered into the computers of this one?

7 million in a nation of..300+? Well, it's not being outright ignored by the population. The math confirms that much. That's about all I'd say it confirms in those ratios and balances though.

It's also become both Republicans and Democrats I hear in conversations in RL. All mad, and extremely so. This started as the MOTHER of all partisan issues in 09/10. It's become the most Bi-partisan issue I've seen since before someone stained a blue dress. All I'm seeing...are against (with the first noted exceptions).

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

How many have signed in just to be curious?
How many have signed in yet paid?
How many have signed up because they lost their previous insurance? (@6 million)
How many have signed up but then got shunted into Medicare?
How many were just renewing their Medicare plan?
Does the 7 million include the 36 million that didn't have insurance prior to Obamacare?

So Obamacare is a success?

A tax that is used to redistribute wealth?

*meh*

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

I'd like to know how many of those alleged enrollees didn't have coverage prior to this criminal act. I had insurance and then it was 404d because it didn't meet the requirements of the ACA to the letter. Now I didn't use an exchange to get new insurance, but I somehow wonder if I was included in their numbers.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
SURE they are....

Sad thing is this was suppose to be the saving of the American Health Care System.

We are JUST BARELLY making the MINIUM amount of enrollees (If they pay)(and if you can believe the 7m B.S).

ALl of this nonsense to insure MAYBE 1 million people

What a NATIONAL DISGRACE.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's only bi-partisan because it would otherwise be a head anchor around the necks of the Dems in an election year. They shoved it down our throat and should suffer the consequences for it. It, as you said, was not a bi-partisan vote to pass this abomination.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Somebody has to burst the Conservative Entertainment Complex bubble.

The sign-ups on the Exchange remind me of just before the last election.

Then all the Right Wing talking heads were proclaiming a Romney landslide and the Lemmings believed them. They were wrong.

This time all the Right Wing talking heads were proclaiming no one would sign up and again the Lemmings believed them. They were wrong.

Wonder what the next issue will be?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
So, are you believing the controlled media on this? How about something from the HHS.

The Department of Health and Human Services reported Tuesday that more than 940,000 people signed up in February, bringing the total enrollment number to 4.2 million. That's well short of the unofficial goal of signing up 7 million by the end of open enrollment on March 31.

This is just over half of their projection...the projection that was lowered a while back. Remember, they did this so that the 47,000,000 who are 'uninsured' could get coverage.

So, if you look at it like that, from the original pitch, they are way off those they said they would cover.

Also, the majority of these are subsidized or have moved onto Medicaid. How is that helping the bottom line? The average Citizen who is paying taxes and getting healthcare through a business is paying for those who do not have.

If they had 50,000,000 sign up, or even 25,000,000 I would say success. Sorry, this is a disaster and not just because of Obama. You could call is BushCare or ClintonCare or whatever you want to but they have not met their goals. If this was a private business the CEO, CFO and CTO would have all be canned and they would have filed for bankruptcy in December...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BritofTexas

Im with you when it comes to the Right Wing political/media propaganda machine. Hell, I even step up once in a while and defend Obama and the Dems when it comes to outright BS coming from the Right.

But I cannot defend the ACA in the slightest bit when the numbers do not include every situation that has come as a result of it's implementation. Not only that, I have first-hand experience of the consequences of it.

So coming from a non-partisan perspective......I can say that the 7 million number does not prove it's success and when compared to the number it was supposed to have insured, we may be able to say that in was, in fact, a failure.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Who would have figured... make it mandatory and let people know there will be a fine if they don't sign up and what do they do? Sign up. Go figure.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In a few months I guess they will start in about Benghazi again, because ACA will be a non point as the public will support it.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Yeah! The ACA is just awesome!!! (sarcasm)

Our company just received a letter today, I even thought about starting a thread about it. Why do I now have to submit our Employees wage quarterly report, to BCBS???
Because the ACA says I have to

We should have fixed the price gouging from the insurance companies. Then people could have actually afforded health care.

I still hope this BS crashes and burns.

But hey, the insurance companies are just getting even richer, AND knowing more about you than they ever had a right to!!

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I suppose those would definitely be two topics with no relation at all to each other. I'd be pretty quick to call out right sided pundits or talking heads that tried getting into one, atop the other for subjects. I'm sure someone in the media will try, but I'll have a real heavy sigh if so.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

yeah... i believe that

just like the true data on Jobs, Inflation, CPI, Labor Stats....

maybe if there were a Shadow Stats site for the health-management Act. the gov't would be shown to be once again holding a bag full of horse-hooey

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Bilk22
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's only bi-partisan because it would otherwise be a head anchor around the necks of the Dems in an election year. They shoved it down our throat and should suffer the consequences for it. It, as you said, was not a bi-partisan vote to pass this abomination.

The democrats I call friends and some I don't..are regular people. Normal Americans. They aren't playing politics for the election year. They're being clobbered by the same mandate you and I are supposed to be. They're suffering the same as we are. Having Obama in office has done nothing to help "dems" over "repubs" which I've seen. Not those among average America and normal citizens.

We're in it together....Red and Blue in a purple goo. That's us, as the public and the public is mad together, IMO.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Wrabbit2000 because: Snip of a little OT commenting

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join