It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affordable Care Act "obamacare", on track to meet enrollee goal

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

neo96
reply to post by spurgeonatorsrevenge

For someone claiming to 'care' about their fellow man so much.

They would not be on this site arguing over rich people.

They would be knocking on their next door neighbors door at this minute

Asking them if they needed help.

And giving that help.

Instead of hiding behind government, and crying about the rich.

The fact of the matter is, the rich are the only people who can affords shills. You talked about shills and I am reminding you that common people do not, have the money, to buy shills, to create DC policy. If you want better government maybe the motive should be altruism, not profiteering and privateering which is what creates corruption.

The government is the tool of the rich, but people like me think the government should be used for the common man more often.
edit on 1-4-2014 by spurgeonatorsrevenge because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

There are no more rich people in America. There are .1% people who control all of the wealth. The rest of us spend our paychecks on kids, drugs, Starbucks and HDTV's. Tell me it is not true. The Average American is 20k in debt to credit cards...why? Loss of job..nope. Living like a Kardashian on a shoestring budget.

It is all about robbing from one to pay another. If the 90's taught us anything it is that there is no such thing as money...just wealth and affluence.

A comedian once said if Bill Gates woke up one morning with Oprahs bank account he would jump out the (bleep) window. It is true. The gap has widened.

the "average household in the top 1% pulled in earnings of $1,264,065 in 2012," which is "41 times greater than the $30,997 average income of Americans."
But the top .1% did considerably better than the top 1%, posting "average earnings of $6,373,782, or 206 times the average families' income."
According to the report, nearly a quarter of the .1% work in the financial industry, 40% are "executives, managers and supervisors," and a "vast majority of the 0.1% live in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Chicago, Washington D.C. or Houston."

Link
edit on 04pm30pmfu2014-04-01T15:57:26-05:000326 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

On a realistic note...We were sold this in 2009 on the idea it would insure the 20-30 million uninsured people in America at that time. That was a few % of unemployment ago...and many millions who had it then, don't now. Given that....We're saying that they only have 1/4 to 1/3rd of the original uninsured even signed up, at the "drop dead" deadline where everyone not otherwise covered should absolutely be entered into the computers of this one?

The 7 Million + number is just for the Federal Exchange...It does not include

those who got insurance via Medicaid Expansion, nor
those that got insurance from State Level ACA Exchanges...Something like 14 States
those who got insurance directly from Insurance Providers due to them no longer being able to deny pre-existing conditions.
those who joined or stayed on their parents plan as the law affords..

Hell...California alone added a couple million via the Medicaid expansion alone.

So...back to the 20-30 million uninsured vs. 7 Million...what do you think the real number is of those that are now covered taking into account the above?

we will know after a few months and several polls, but I think logic would put the number closer to 18-22 Million adding in all of the above. Just a guess.
edit on 1-4-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well, I am am certainly paying the fine.

My last plan was cheap through my employer $105 a month with dental and a $1000 deductible.

My plan now . . . $175 a month with a $5,600 deductible . . . .

You f'ing kidding me?

EDIT2
The whole law was sold on people not being able to afford healthcare or that they would go bankrupt.
The average household savings in America is $3,800 . . .
www.statisticbrain.com...

The average savings don't even cover my deductible . . . . the young folks in my demographic have even less savings than the average . . . this is not a smart plan.

-FBB

EDIT
I am in the under 30 crowd. Who cares if I am "insured," if anything serious happens I am still totally bankrupt as a result of these crazy deductibles.

I say force everyone onto the exchanges so they can realize just how "insured" they really are when $%^& goes down.
edit on 1-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

edit on 1-4-2014 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 202

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

You're right on what it covers vs. the States who essentially made their own state system with federal support vs. a federal system imposed upon them.

I'm in one of the states that chose not to create our own system and everything good/bad that went with that. As much bad came with the good for states that aren't already in deep fiscal holes for debt they can't print money to clear. We flat refused, by the ability the Super Court decision confirmed for the states, to expand medicare or medicaid at all. If we had expanded and followed the rest, Missouri would be headed as far into the fantasy land of bankruptcy while acting like we aren't, that many many larger states suffer now.

So, I'm somewhat focused on that federal side of it...as are many states like me. It'll become even more critical if they are forced to abide by the law of their own plan to refuse credits and subsidy to states who didn't cooperate. That's still in federal court, the last I knew (Been a bit since I saw news on that case).

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Indigo5

Wrabbit2000

On a realistic note...We were sold this in 2009 on the idea it would insure the 20-30 million uninsured people in America at that time. That was a few % of unemployment ago...and many millions who had it then, don't now. Given that....We're saying that they only have 1/4 to 1/3rd of the original uninsured even signed up, at the "drop dead" deadline where everyone not otherwise covered should absolutely be entered into the computers of this one?

those that got insurance from State Level ACA Exchanges...Something like 14 States
those who got insurance directly from Insurance Providers due to them no longer being able to deny pre-existing conditions.

Hell...California alone added a couple million via the Medicaid expansion alone.

So...back to the 20-30 million uninsured vs. 7 Million...what do you think the real number is of those that are now covered taking into account the above?

we will know after a few months and several polls, but I think logic would put the number closer to 18-22 Million adding in all of the above. Just a guess.

Source, please.

Not that I don't believe you, but. . . well. . . . I don't believe you.

Thanks in advance.

*hugs*

beez

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
To my knowledge, HC was regulated at the state level. The ACA changed that. The federal government caused a huge rise in premiums by mandating electronic records, which was done in anticipation of this abomination. Look up how much that cost to implement on a national level. This is not good for the consumer no matter how hard you try to sell it. It's good for big pharm who this administration's hands are tied to politically. This bill has already cost hundreds of billions and possibly more than a trillion. How is that recovered and who p[ays for it? This is an abomination or Obamination might be a better description.
edit on 00508Tuesdayk22 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Bilk22
To my knowledge, HC was regulated at the state level. The ACA changed that. The federal government caused a huge rise in premiums by mandating electronic records, which was done in anticipation of this abomination. Look up how much that cost to implement on a national level. This is not good for the consumer no matter how hard you try to sell it. It's good for big pharm who this administration's hands are tied to politically. This bill has already cost hundreds of billions and possibly more than a trillion. How is that recovered and who p[ays for it? This is an abomination or Obamination might be a better description.

Healthcare is regulated at every step of the way, federal, state and local, they all have, and have had jurisdiction over HC matters. As always local must meet state and federal regulations, state must meet federal regulations, federal must be deemed constitutional.

I want opt in or out universal health coverage, that's where I'm going, ACA is just a stop on the way.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

Healthcare is regulated at every step of the way, federal, state and local, they all have, and have had jurisdiction over HC matters. As always local must meet state and federal regulations, state must meet federal regulations, federal must be deemed constitutional.

I want opt in or out universal health coverage, that's where I'm going, ACA is just a stop on the way.
Good luck with that. Like everything else the federal government touches, it will suck. Doctors will be leaving the profession in droves, which has already started to happen. Hospitals will choose to not accept it for payment. That is also already happening. Again, you didn't tell us who will pick up the costs of what this Obamination has already cost. Imagine if we add in the costs that the HC companies and states incurred along with the feds? Just imagine that number. It obviously has to be paid for by some entity and that entity is US! Yeah Obamacare has saved us a bundle and lowered costs

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

Good luck with that. Like everything else the federal government touches, it will suck. Doctors will be leaving the profession in droves, which has already started to happen. Hospitals will choose to not accept it for payment. That is also already happening. Again, you didn't tell us who will pick up the costs of what this Obamination has already cost. Imagine if we add in the costs that the HC companies and states incurred along with the feds? Just imagine that number. It obviously has to be paid for by some entity and that entity is US! Yeah Obamacare has saved us a bundle and lowered costs

Most hospitals accept Medicare and Medicare pays doctors better than many private insurers, you fears are unfounded if those are real.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

If you haven't noticed, all you do is pay in this life

You think you are gonna get out of here with a dime?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

Most hospitals accept Medicare and Medicare pays doctors better than many private insurers, you fears are unfounded if those are real.
You stalking this thread? Ah yes but of course

Yeah keep saying what you're saying. Maybe if you say it enough times it will come true. In the real world, many doctors won't accept just Medicare payments. They want supplemental or they don't take the case. Same goes for some hospitals. Try to go to Sloan with just your Medicare card in your hand and see what they tell you.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

So then stop calling it "The Affordable Care Act". It's not saving anyone anything. In the end it will cost more for way less. Every single insurer and state had to incur costs to comply. Mega costs at that. You don't think we're going to pay one way or another for that - either in terms of money or quality of service? I'd say it's going to cost us in both.

Hey it's my fu%^ing money. I won't take it with me but I can sure as hell leave it to my blood to better their station in life. It's not yours or anyone else you think it belongs to. Gotta love liberals being so liberal with everyone else's money. Why don't you get a real job instead of posting for a living on the internets?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

So then stop calling it "The Affordable Care Act". It's not saving anyone anything. In the end it will cost more for way less. Every single insurer and state had to incur costs to comply. Mega costs at that. You don't think we're going to pay one way or another for that - either in terms of money or quality of service? I'd say it's going to cost us in both.

Hey it's my fu%^ing money. I won't take it with me but I can sure as hell leave it to my blood to better their station in life. It's not yours or anyone else you think it belongs to. Gotta love liberals being so liberal with everyone else's money. Why don't you get a real job instead of posting for a living on the internets?

Well it is saving people from physical suffering, but who cares about that, right???

Gotta love conservatives being so conservative with their humanity.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

spurgeonatorsrevenge

Bilk22

Well it is saving people from physical suffering, but who cares about that, right???

Saving who? There are more uninsured now than prior to this abomination. Now some people who could have afforded insurance cannot and still don't qualify for the subsidy. Prior to ACA debacle = 30million after the debacle=50million. Yeah good work my friend.

Mr. Humane, we have medicare/medicaid and SSI for those who fall thru the cracks. There are also state run programs for those who fall below certain income levels. So exactly who benefits by this act?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Source, please. Not that I don't believe you, but. . . well. . . . I don't believe you.

That is a wise call.

Because if the ACA was such the raging 'success' they are trying out to make it be.

Those figures would be scrolling across the tv screens, and on the whitehouse site as we speak.

They are not.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:12 PM
link   

muse7

Well, first off let me say that I'm sort of happy that people were able to fight off all of the lies, misinformation and fear mongering that was and still is, being spread around by various groups, TV "news" stations and radio hosts.

There are now over 7 million people that have health insurance, who didn't have it several days ago.

That in my opinion is a step forward.

The state of denial may begin now

Who would have guessed that if you make it against the law to be uninsured, people will buy insurance?

Kinda reminds me of how back in the day, the mafia got people to pay "protection" money in case anything bad might happen.
edit on 1-4-2014 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 08:48 PM
link   

But the *real* "suffering" starts when people have to pay large deductibles when they don't have the money.

No subsidies for payments not covered.

False sense of security in play.

Wait for the bankruptcies.

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

On tonight, live from 10PM Eastern time!

Show thread with listening information

posted on Apr, 2 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

beezzer

Indigo5

Wrabbit2000

Source, please.

Not that I don't believe you, but. . . well. . . . I don't believe you.

Thanks in advance.

*hugs*

beez

Alas Beez...I expected you to be educated on the topic you are debating? What specifically from my post do you doubt? Because each and every item is common knowledge as at your disposal via Google? I will indulge you if you want to be specific?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join