It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not so Fair and Balanced Now are You Fox News?!?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So here in the news lately is a story about a Minnesota couple claiming public assistance benefits while living on their $1.2 million yacht.

Andrea Chisholm, 54, and Colin Chisholm III, 62, allegedly collected more than $167,000 in welfare, food stamps and medical assistance across two states over a period of around seven years, according to a complaint filed with a Minnesota State court.

But it doesn't end there. They are also accused of tax evasion and a few other dirty deeds as well. They are now on the run from the law and probably hiding out on some island paradise or just sailing the open seas as to avoid being brought to justice. Lovely couple no doubt. I guess they feel entitled to take whatever they want from others and live above the law like so many others do these days. However, that isn't exactly the topic of this post, but it is a good news story so for those interested please follow the links provided.

My point is that somehow this news story seems to have slipped through the Fox "Fair and Balanced" news center almost completely without notice or attention. I wonder how that could be with so many other major news centers covering it??? (I think we all know why that is though!)

So while Fox News, as I'm sure most of you are aware, has recently been attacking the so called Welfare Abuse being done by the "Poor and Lazy Leeches" within the system they seem to just gloss right over this story of the Rich who abuse the system. For example we have the Surfer Guy who they held up as the poster child of welfare fraud. They have John Stossel, the "Company Man", out on the street dressed as a homeless guy taking money from generous people trying to help and reporting how terrible such actions of generosity actually are. So on and so on as they love to push the agenda about how the poor have it so well just laying around all day sucking of the Government tit while the overworked rich have it so bad out there every second being "job creators" and being the pillars of the community. (Yes I realize I'm being very one sided with my argument too. It's called irony, deal with it and don't bother pointing it out to me cause I already admit to it.)

Now, when I did a google search for other news sites who are handling this story about the Rich A-Holes cheating the system, oddly enough I could only find one link to fox. That one link wasn't even to their normal website either but to their blog site. But at least they did mention it right? But when I went to look at it I had to laugh at the fact that while every other site has the full story, Fox has 3 whole lines about it. It's like a footnote.

Real "Fair and Balanced" reporting there Fox News!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Yah, the story about rich people is as about as high as they go on the investigative trail of the rich "a-holes".

Considering that the wealthiest corporations get the biggest "subsidies" (love that word) and the biggest banks got "bailed out". You won't see the main stream news covering much of that.

The real robbers are at the top of the heap. I think they used to call them "robber barons".

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

What I find more amazing is that you are buying into the propaganda machine enough to make this post!!!!

First off, (and I am not sticking up for any MSM outlet) there isn't enough time in the day to cover the amount of craziness happening in this country!

Secondly, by reading your OP, I am guessing that the Progressive outlets are jumping all over this one???

All part of the game, and you are buying the crap they are selling!

Let me tell you EXACTLY what the MSM outlets are selling and I might help ease your pain!

DIVISION!!!!!

Without that, they lose their authority and power!

For Christ's sake when are you people going to wise up and get it????

If your outrage of this post was the fact that these wealthy pricks used the system and were getting away with it, I could understand! But I am questioning as to why you even had to bring FOX news into the issue, UNLESS, you either had an agenda to turn people away from watching/listening to FOX ORRRRRR "You are allowing yourself to be used in the tactic of "Divide and Conquer"!

How about the wealthy in government????????

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
The reason rich people hate welfare is because they want to pay workers the same amounts, but they can't compete with someone getting something for doing nothing.

It's not like welfare is going to give you the high life. Even people who are manipulating the system, working under the table while collecting benefits, it's not like they are rolling in cash.

So it's really simple economics. I want to pay my unskilled workers piss all. The government is offering them up piss all, which they can barely live on, for nothing! Dammit I want them to work their ass off for that piss all amount of money that lets them barely get by. How dare they take a hand out.

Even if you are on the side of 'anti-welfare' this is something you have to acknowledge. Since there are plenty of other handouts and useless spending that are far greater.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

If you don't like how Fox News reports, and what they report.

Do something about it. Write to them. Tell them how you are so damn mad at them. What good does it do to tell us, other than show US how disappointed in Fox you are.

Be part of the solution, not an extension of the problem.

Des

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

While it is true the rich is getting richer. U r missing the point that the insider wealthy likes to blame the outsider rich for all the problems so they can tax some more for their insider deals and insider corporate welfare. Their goal is to turn the rich into the middleclass and the middleclass into the poor class, while of course exempting themselves.

The best bet is to make it fair across the board with no loopholes implementing a flat tax.
edit on 31-3-2014 by amfirst1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Just because you don't look hard enough....

FOX NEWS INSIDER LINK

Now what say you???

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
don't watch the news, its all garbage, its all going to collapse soon anyways so who cares.......

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

Oh nooooo's
Another slam to Fox news.
Yet, have you realized the corruption in all of the news from the MSM????
Just pick another one, fake reporting from Syria, fake autos exploding, false reporting on election numbers, character assassinations. It goes on and on. May be try getting your fill of news here instead, no conspiracy or hidden agendas here.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

FOX NEWS INSIDER LINK

Now what say you???

well well.

Looks like the OP theory is busted.

Has anyone got the MSNBC version of this story?

(that would be the real "Ivory Towers" version)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mOjOm

well if you got a couple of months i can pull stories that fox ran that others like msnbc, cnn, hln, nbc,abc,cbs,and any other you would news source like to name didn't run.

also i found the story it on their facebook page,

A national warrant has been issued for a Minnesota couple who allegedly took more than $165,000 in state welfare benefits while owning several expensive homes, a $1.2 million yacht and a Lexus. Authorities say that Andrea and Colin Chisholm are on the run and might be in the Caribbean.
Minnesota Couple Who Lived on Yacht Accused of Welfare Fraud

also as another member posted, their insider page.
Minnesota Couple Who Lived on Yacht Accused of Welfare Fraud

all dated mar 23rd. so counting your link that's 3, sounds like pretty good coverage.
i also found where that smarta@@ john stewart, was making fun of them for stories on welfare so i guess that's one of the reason you posted this, or that they were talking about it and started talking about welfare fraud.

that's all lib's got is sarcasm and ridicule.

edit on 31-3-2014 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
and right now as we speak
the alleged perps are on a desert island hanging out with ben richards...

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Danbones
and right now as we speak
the alleged perps are on a desert island hanging out with ben richards...

Or...

They're on Fantasy Island waiting for "Da Plane" !!

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
intrptr
I totally agree. It's all very sad just how corrupt the world is and how brazen and monstrous the thieves have become.

seeker1963

If your outrage of this post was the fact that these wealthy pricks used the system and were getting away with it, I could understand! But I am questioning as to why you even had to bring FOX news into the issue, UNLESS, you either had an agenda to turn people away from watching/listening to FOX ORRRRRR "You are allowing yourself to be used in the tactic of "Divide and Conquer"!

First of all I'm far from outraged. Second, I am pissed about these wealthy pricks abuse of the system. However, to answer your question, the reason I was questioning Fox News was because they have spent so much time with their BS crusade against various types of Social Services. Also, did you miss the part where I even admitted that I was making this OP from an obviously one sided perspective??? As a kind of attempt at Irony and all that??? Anyway, thank you for trying to save me from the propaganda that is brainwashing me without my knowledge, but it's not nessassary. I don't watch any of the MSM either, I just happened to read this online and I have no idea what the "Progressives" might be saying about it either since I'm not towing their line either. This was all an observation of my own and not some major ground breaking one at that, so please, ALL OF YOU, take a deep breath and Un-Bunch your panties before you break a blood vessel. I will admit however that I DO NOT advise anyone to watch Fox News though. But then again, I don't advise that anyone watch the other MSM outlets either for that matter. I personally find Fox to be pretty bad for what little I have seen, but that's just my opinion.

boncho
I would agree with you 100%. I think that is exactly what the situation is.

Destinyone
Sorry I didn't live up to your expectations. I thought this was a forum site where people come to talk about stuff with one another. I promise never to involve you in a conversation again, but will instead become an activist from now on. I didn't really think it was all that important, nor something that needed such attention on my part. It was simply a minor little thought I had while on my lunch from work today and thought I'd share. I'll think better of it next time.

TiedDestructor
What say I??? I say, wow, neat, you found a second link. I watched the vid too and still I found it to be a bit lacking in comparison to their previous "News Alerts" and in depth coverage of Welfare Abuse. I did notice how when it's some Welfare Mom or Stupid Surfer Guy they blame and vilify the actual abuser, but this time they almost immediately blamed the Government rather than the couple committing fraud. Once again, when the poor steal it's because they are all a bunch of loser deadbeats but when the rich do it it's the governments fault for letting them do it.

Violater1
Yes I have noticed. They are all biased and agenda pushing in their own way. I'm not trying to say any of them are really any better than the others. I just happened to be picking on Fox News this time around. I'm not trying to say the others are better or more truthful exactly. Although I do happen to think Fox is pretty close to the top of the list of Entertainment News Sources. But so are the other MSM sources as well. I tried to point that out in my post, but I guess I didn't do too good of a job from the looks of it.

xuenchen
OOOOooooohhhhhhhh, I'm soooo Busted!!!! Boy did you catch me red handed this time huh!!! lol
I don't know what the MSNBC "Ivory Tower" slant on it is. Sorry pal. You're desire to expose me as some insider propagandist is going to be a big fail for you this time. BTW, if anyone should get credit for "busting me" it's not you anyway, it would be TiedDestructor, so quit trying to ride his coat tails to the victory party, ok?!?!

hounddoghowlie
Really. Ya, I didn't know about all those Libs. doing whatever the hell it is that you're talking about. Sorry. Weird how it is that YOU seem to be watching all the Liberal Media, yet you point the finger at me and label me as such. Once again, I'm sorry to dissapoint you in your quest to "out the left wing crazy guy" but you're looking in the wrong place this time. Believe it or not I'm just slightly more diverse than that label you'd like to stick to me. Not that you'd care enough to find that out though.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I don't understand why people are surprised about this couple, as they are only doing what our President and his wife have been doing. Our president has been setting a fine example of this kind of "leeching" while being lazy golfing and vacationing as long as it really costs a friggin fortune. The first lady has been traveling around with her Mom and demanding the peons of other countries bow down to them in servitude.. They are just playing at living the life of a romantic but very dark fantasy novel...

The only difference I am seeing is that this guy they are now looking for is not known to be a golf player, and this couple doesn't have about 50 personal servants at 130k per year on their payroll.. Plus the money they have "stolen" amounts to about what it Costs Obama and family about 2.5 hours to live.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
If you have the money for a night out, and you want a nice steak, would you prefer that your steak come from cattle fed natural grasses, or from cattle fed GMO hormone feed? Better yet... go for Kobe beef... well fed, and well treated, manicured cattle that produces legendary beef.

My point?

When an alien race finally does show up, and decides that we are too stupid to infect the rest of the universe... guess who is going to be the first to be eaten

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

They are already here man, already here...

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Not to point out the obvious here or anything but THIS POST HAS NOTHING TO DO ABOUT ALIENS!!!!!! So if you don't mind me asking WTF are you talking about Kobe Beef and Aliens on this thread????

Are you just trying to derail the whole thing or are you simply being Jack Asses because you lack the intelligence to correctly navigate through all this information on the internet???

Yes, I know, I'm being a real Dick calling you out like this. So what...

I assume you all have at least some bit of a functional brain. Please use it.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:54 AM
link   

TiedDestructor

FOX NEWS INSIDER LINK

Now what say you???

Well he could say just this. Learn the difference between the official news site and the blog.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I know this is a somewhat radical idea.

It may take some time to get used to.

It's totally thinking "outside the box".

It is a concept so mind-blowing in it's proportions, that many will find it difficult to accept.

Ready?

Here goes. . . . . .

"Don't watch Fox News if it upsets you."

I know. Apologies if people are shaking and recovering from such a huge idea that seemingly has come from out of no-where.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join