It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman blindsides girl at arizona university

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

'm as against cop violence as anyone on this site. I think it is horrific, and I plaster my facebook wall with examples that I think are real and unwarranted. But, this one does not rise to that.

I tried to tell them that but a predisposed opinion is widely acceptable here.

Thankfully, the laws in America are not as bias and seek solutions rather than controversy.

In the study of Impersonality disorder (Internet addiction) this thread show plainly the basis of which this disorder is diagnosed.

A. Broad based blame ie, The blame game

B. Injustice collection

C. Virtual Codependency

The blame game is obvious as a predisposed opinion that the police are wrong and no discussion is needed. This, in turn, gives the individual some one else to blame their failures on. "The police did this to me-it's all their fault"

Injustice collection is recognized as here is another example of how the police are to blame for their failures-"see they did it again"

Virtual Codependency is the unrelenting need to express the many examples of the injustices done to the person to explain their failures.

The combination of the 3 are shown plainly as it took 40 or more responses before anyone even attempt to see the details of the incident. The subconscious has completely blocked out the fact that-the video was cropped to only show the officer disarming a participant in the attack and that the elements of blame, injustice collection and dependency on the confrontation were genuinely not available in forming as already preconceived notion that the police are always wrong.

Fascinating stuff.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 5ofineed5aladder

These are NOT the police I was taught to respect.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   

~Lucidity
reply to post by LadySkadi

Priceless. She has not been charged with any wrong doing.

I agree. What could she be charged with? Loitering? Inciting a riot? Breathing?

These cops are out of control, especially in the American South West, and it is precisely why I STEER CLEAR of them.

edit on 1-4-2014 by lovebeck because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

I wonder if everything you are talking about can be blamed, on an individual to individual level, on past interactions with police officers, and the way it made them feel. Because being made to feel powerless and bullied, to an adult, can be a very traumatizing event. It may seem silly...but as a person who has studied psychology you certainly understand the truth.

I am what you would call "a pillar of the community" in my town. I interact with police and other officials daily. I can't stand cops. I have been on the "bullying" end, even seeing one bully my elderly mother needlessly. I know this officer, on a first name basis. He stood right there looking at me, and continued to bully my mother. I can recount dozens of incidents over the years, as an upstanding and law abiding citizen, that the police have acted in a way that made me feel powerless to make my own choice, for no other reason than convenience to an officer.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by spooky24

spooky24

I tried to tell them that but a predisposed opinion is widely acceptable here.

Oh, I see. That is why you posted that the girl threw a bottle with no evidence to support it. You were just fitting in. Some of us are more socially motivated than others but it seems crappy to me all the same.

spooky24Thankfully, the laws in America are not as bias and seek solutions rather than controversy.

The laws in America currently seek to incarcerate and procure fines from as many people as possible. Solutions or controversy are not part of the equation either way.

spooky24In the study of Impersonality disorder (Internet addiction) this thread show plainly the basis of which this disorder is diagnosed.

There is no such thing as Impersonality disorder, therefor there is no basis upon which it can be diagnosed. However, there are a few psychological disorders for people who just make stuff up a lot.

spooky24
Fascinating stuff.

Quite.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

It sounds to me alot like you are trying to excuse their behaviour. Re-read the start of your post.

Once the cop has been identified it would be an idea to post the video to all of their family members

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely understandable. Not the slightest bit of silliness.

There are bad in any group of persons. Bad cops-bad doctors-bad lawyers and so on. If a cop is bad they get what the law says they deserve. They are held to a much higher standard of conduct than ordinary people.

Some police officers 'get off' for the lack of a better term-the power trip-again lack of a better term that they are given with going armed.

If they can't resolve the position of enforcing the law with out a feeling of power over the persons they are protecting-then they won't stay police officers very long.

I would be the first to point this out to them or to their superiors-If you feel that you are being bullied then confront the officer and demand an explanation. Once you have challenged the officer it is now a matter of public record. The law is on your side.

If you ever noticed reporters-veteran reporters they have no problem walking up to a police officer and ask them what the hell do they think they are doing. They know-as I know-the code of conduct that they must follow.

Being afraid of the police and automatically relating them with misjudgment is the heart of the whole matter. You should give them the same respect you would expect only to a certain point.

A young woman in one of my rental houses died of a drug overdose. When I got there the officer would not allow family members in the house saying it was a crime scene. I told him he is wrong and the Coroner decides if it a crime scene or not-it is not his decision.I did so with a stern but business like announcement to him and he relented.

Knowledge of the law is the key.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 5ofineed5aladder

I had to watch this a few times to fully understand what was going on. I can't think of any reason an "officer of the peace" (ha) would do that to any nonviolent person, much less a woman (don't get me wrong, it's just in most cases some women are much less threatening than some men, and she looked tiny and nonthreatening). I really don't understand this world. It makes me sad.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   

spooky24
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Absolutely understandable. Not the slightest bit of silliness.

There are bad in any group of persons. Bad cops-bad doctors-bad lawyers and so on. If a cop is bad they get what the law says they deserve. They are held to a much higher standard of conduct than ordinary people.

Whenever accountability is finally had, you are correct. But getting to a point where they are held accountable...that is the problem. Take Albequerque....they would put a cop on paid leave after shooting someone, and then layer in a $500 bonus. The perception that created: they were paying bounties to their officers for killing people. GIven how many have been killed, and the riots its caused, the people have an argument for sure.

Some police officers 'get off' for the lack of a better term-the power trip-again lack of a better term that they are given with going armed.

If they can't resolve the position of enforcing the law with out a feeling of power over the persons they are protecting-then they won't stay police officers very long.

I would be the first to point this out to them or to their superiors-If you feel that you are being bullied then confront the officer and demand an explanation. Once you have challenged the officer it is now a matter of public record. The law is on your side.

If you ever noticed reporters-veteran reporters they have no problem walking up to a police officer and ask them what the hell do they think they are doing. They know-as I know-the code of conduct that they must follow.

Being afraid of the police and automatically relating them with misjudgment is the heart of the whole matter. You should give them the same respect you would expect only to a certain point.

I am not sure I can. I take responsibility for that, too.

When I was in my early 20's i was given a job with power/authority. I am a good man, and I know it. Not afraid to say it. I am a good man. But when I had that authority...i wasn't quite so good.

I am also a smart and insightful man. I realized this folly, and it had a profound impact on me. Now I have earned power/authority, and understand how to wield it. Understand the honor that I have been given by having others cede to my leadership. It really IS an honor. I learned this. No one told me...i had to learn it through experience. And those who fall under my authority love me because of my leadership.

I do not trust men who are given authority. To earn that trust requires immense amounts of experience showing me their true nature. I just don't trust authority, and its because of my own experiences. I had to learn to have that kind of power. It wasn't something I treated responsibly. And I dare say that the majority of people are not as insightful and introspective as I am....and I don't think many who are given that authority ever realize how big of an honor it is to serve those you have authority over. They typically don't treat it as an honor, as we see fairly often.

I may not think that every lion and tiger has intentions of killing me and eating me. But I certainly do not want to run the risk of interaction. Same with cops. For the same reason: I have no way of knowing which ones are and are not honorable. But making the mistake can be very costly.

A young woman in one of my rental houses died of a drug overdose. When I got there the officer would not allow family members in the house saying it was a crime scene. I told him he is wrong and the Coroner decides if it a crime scene or not-it is not his decision.I did so with a stern but business like announcement to him and he relented.

Knowledge of the law is the key.

You should come out here to the sticks. Where we have a police that enforces a zero tolerance drug policy, but has had a deputy living next door to the towns largest drug dealer for 25 years. I think it was around 4 years ago that an FBI agent, in town undercover to investigate our local PD, shot and killed one of that drug dealers sons in the front yard of that house. Middle of the day. At the same time, that particular dealer was in a turf war with THe Latin Kings. Several folks had been shot/killed over the prior 3 weeks.

A month later, all is blowing over, and all the latin kings are rounded up and imprisoned. We see who's turf the local PD protected: the hometown boy who lives next door.

Not that I think he should be imprisoned. The "War on Drugs" is just another way to drive up the price of a commodity, make some cash, then make more cash on the drug enforcement end. Pulling in their cash with 3 fists in that deal.
edit on 4/1/2014 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Unless the woman sues, I betcha we never find out who the cop was.

ETA: Not that I want anything at all to happen to him or her or his and hers. For some odd reason, it's just driving me nuts that we can't tell if it's a male of female. As if that would somehow make a difference (not), ~Luc.

EATA:
Apparently someone else is claiming they got a photo of the cop: www.huffingtonpost.com...

It's allegedly a male. And surprise surprise this alleged person was in the military (sorry...just something I'm watching as I don't believe former military and being a cop mix too well...for a lot of reasons, PTSD among them).

edit on 4/1/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
The same cop ?

www.tucsonnewsnow.com...

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by coopercuts

Hmm. Might be.

You know, he really may have snapped due to a condition like PTSD. I've stated time and time again here and elsewhere that I believe there is a correlation of so many war vets are becoming/being cops and the rise of this kind of activity. It can probably be made to work with proper reconditioning, but I don't think they're getting that kind of reconditioning. This is something I've been watching for a long time.

I didn't even want to mention it earlier in the thread and don't mention it in many of these types of threads because I'm sure people are sick of hearing it from me.

There just something I "see" or "feel" when I'm around cops who were in combat that doesn't seem right to me. It's a concern I cannot shake.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Just sayin................

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Dumb@ss iphone
edit on 4/1/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Black_Fox
Just sayin................

This is what the heck I'm talking about. Any time we see something, this is exactly how we should be reacting. Abusive cops deserve no leeway, no mercy, only justice like this! If we the people did this every time we see cops using excessive force, I guarantee it would eventually stop all together.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

What about the part where it escalates an already bad situation?

Actually, I don't believe that the example in the last posted video is at all comparable to what happened in Tucson, wishful thinking aside.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Actually, I don't believe that the example in the last posted video is at all comparable to what happening in Tucson.

I not quiet sure what you are inferring?

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

~Lucidity

Actually, I don't believe that the example in the last posted video is at all comparable to what happening in Tucson.

I inferred that you are encouraging escalation of a bad situation by agreeing with the actions taken in the video.

And I'm flat out saying that doing so will only get more people hurt and perhaps worse.

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   

~Lucidity

TiedDestructor

~Lucidity

I inferred that you are encouraging escalation of a bad situation by agreeing with the actions taken in the video.

And I'm flat out saying that doing so will only get more people hurt and perhaps worse.

People are getting hurt and worse period. When authorities aren't held accountable for their actions I believe it's the citizens responsibility to step in and restore order. Through violence or diplomacy.

Diplomacy hasn't worked. Our backs are against the wall and that's a very dangerous thing for them. They NEED to fear us.

IMO of course.

edit on 4/1/2014 by TiedDestructor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

TiedDestructor

~Lucidity

TiedDestructor

~Lucidity

People are getting hurt and worse period. When authorities aren't held accountable for their actions I believe it's the citizens responsibility to step in and restore order. Through violence or diplomacy.

Diplomacy hasn't worked. Our backs are against the wall and that's a very dangerous thing for them. They NEED to fear us.:Uzi:

IMO of course. ;!

Yep. That's what I thought. I will never advocate violence, so we don't agree. Peace.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join