It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Policeman blindsides girl at arizona university

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+21 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Sorry i don't know how to embed. A girl at a little after the 20 second mark gets absolutely trucked by a police officer for no reason. At first i was like, alright its during an ncaa tourney riot i bet she is doing something dumb...then WHAM! holy crap why did the officer do this? I am surprised no one had the rage to attack this guy. WOW!
www.youtube.com...

edit: There are a few swears in the video after the incident.
edit on 3/30/2014 by 5ofineed5aladder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by 5ofineed5aladder

She would have been within her rights to defend herself. I doubt the cop would have done the same thing to a 6'2 200lb male, that would certainly have come to blows if it was me.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Uhhh, yea that was a little brutal! At 20 seconds something happens in the distance and that is what drew the people forward a few steps. Did he drive is cross positioned baton directly into her face? He could have cracked her skull, either with the blow or fall. I guess some will say she was a threat?!?! That bull on parade needs some medication!
Honestly, if I saw that happen,I would be willing to go to jail just to get in that guys face and tell him that was f'd up and he should be ashamed! Then I would get beat down too, but man….
edit on 30-3-2014 by speculativeoptimist because: to remove video already posted

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Sigh, if the men in this country still had ANY balls. That guy standing there would've at least gave that arsehole officer a good strong shove himself.

Of course, in this day and age, had that guy gave a shove of his own he probably would've been promptly beaten and tazed to death all while the officers would be screaming, "stop resisting."

I just cannot see any justification for this whatsoever. On the youtube video, somebody pointed out that the girl appeared to walk or sneak up behind the police line and that's why the officer got spooked. However that does not pan out, I dont think thats a police line, the guy I described above is also standing behind these same officers. In fact the guy is standing closer to this cop, the girl is simply walking through while holding a drink in one hand.

How much of a threat is a 120pound girl carrying a drink in one hand? Seriously? Also, the way he shoved her purposefully over that bench, she easily could have her brain splattered all over that sidewalk right now. Seriously, a shove like that easily could've killed her had she busted her head on that concrete.

Of course, then this office would be on paid leave.

'Murica.

It's time for a seperate judicial system solely for the politicians and the police officers of this country. A system which carries double the minimum sentences that our lovely system loves so much.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Usually there is a whole lot of context behind videos like these that justify the police's action, but I fail to see why this should have taken place.

This is very disturbing!

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Thats what stood out to me about this video too is that it really seems out of no where and that nothing led up to it. I would love for someone to defend this one.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

To the question asked by the guy in the video " Hey! What did you that for? ", maybe the answer is that this policeman wanted a riot to really emerge on his side?!?...

Had anyone reacted physically, all the policeman's friends would have come crashing down on the bystanders surrounding the young lady. That helps justifying the police presence, like when they send agent provocateurs during manifestations to get in and bust some "targets"...

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by lightedhype

Yeah i read the comments too, I would not consider that sneaking up on them. I am pretty sure the officer was looking in that direction any way

link   

I hate that this is so unsurprising.

What bothers me is that anyone defending her would have ignited the situation and the only reason the bully (insert correct word here) thought he could get away with it was the same reason. If we could (or at least felt as if we were allowed to) defend ourselves, this wouldn't happen.

The only solution is to roll back intrusive authoritarian government. We don't have to wait for some federal or even state austerity bill to be passed, just ease our local leaders out of their responsibilities with referendums.

+3 more 
link   
SO, where are the LEO members of ATS to stop here and defend this mans' actions (I refuse to call him an officer as that is a moniker of respect)? IMO, he should have stopped her and asked her to evacuate the cordoned off area. THEN, if she refused, he would be in his right to escalate a bit (not nearly enough for cross-checking her in the face with his baton though).

I hope someone got his badge number and name for her defense.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
Really irresponsible to draw conclusions based only on this video.

We don't see anything that happened before he took her down. What you consider "no reason" might be a very good reason to the cops who were trying to restore order.

I'm not saying he was justified, just that like anyone he deserves a fair trial with all of the facts presented.

I was involved in a mini riot in 1986 at Minnesota State University in Mankato, MN.

They can get real ugly real fast.

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmm

We don't see anything that happened before he took her down. What you consider "no reason" might be a very good reason to the cops who were trying to restore order.

I'm not saying he was justified, just that like anyone he deserves a fair trial with all of the facts presented.

I was involved in a mini riot in 1986 at Minnesota State University in Mankato, MN.

Oh come on, there is no justification for that. Get your head out of your &^%#@.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

I played devils advocate on the last one I'm not touching this one. That was so messed up.
Ole should have suckered him and took off running.

With incidents like this it won't be long before we see another Kent State.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Hmmmmmmm

You're correct, there may be something we are missing. But I fail to see the reason for a trained police officer to take action like this.

Most videos of police brutality are disingenuous and do not put things in to context, but this seems pretty clear to me. She was not a threat and the action taken was not warranted in any way whatsoever.
edit on 30-3-2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

5ofineed5aladder

Thats what stood out to me about this video too is that it really seems out of no where and that nothing led up to it. I would love for someone to defend this one.

It doesn't matter really, it's just thugism.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Hmmmmmmm

Irresponsible?? Yes, it was, on the cop's part. Sheesh, the blue line my @#!@#. As for your experiences, and your comment that "They can get real ugly real fast", yeah. and actions like THIS are one of the causes of that escalation by the crowd. Why am I not surprised here....

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
WTH? This guy has lost all common sense. She appeared to be a huge threat... carrying her soda and stuff.

Geez. Somebody really needs to reign some of these guys in.

edit on 3/30/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 727Sky

I usually never touch these threads, mostly because of the lack of context and to much bias and conjecture.. ... however this is ridiculous. This guy is such a .... oh wait T&C's ..... [ insert vulgarity ] .

I did notice in the video comments someone from the Arizona Daily Star is trying to uncover the identities of those in the video. It seems that someone may run with this. Lets hope so because for someone who avoids these threads I cant help but see that these events are happening on the daily just from going through the recent threads and seeing these kind of titles.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm with Sheep Slayer. I usually think these brutality videos are BS/justified use of force but that seemed just blatantly wrong. I don't get pissed off too often on the internet but watching that did it.

This is a serious WTF. I'm almost positive cops aren't allowed to use a baton for a head strike (barring accidental hits in a struggle). That jackass lined up the end like a pool cue. I also fail to see how that was justified even if the girl had just thrown a brick. It certainly appears she has her hands full and is rather nonchalantly walking.

Big clue here she wasn't doing anything to justify that is that she wasn't arrested. He walked up, hit her in the head and walked away. You don't just use that level of force and leave. Pop someone in the temple like that and hard enough to knock them down (over a freaking bench) and you're just asking for snapped bones, brain damage or worse. I hope someone got the badge number.
edit on 3020140320141 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join