It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: Alaska best suited to repel the zombie apocalypse, NJ worst.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

U.S. States Most And Least Likely To Survive The Zombie Apocalypse.

Given the growing frequency with which zombies appear in movies, TV shows, and your worst nightmares, it’s inevitable the zombie apocalypse will soon be upon us.

When it comes to surviving this inevitable showdown with the undead, location is everything.

Yah but, I gotta go to Alaska to be safe?

Where else can I go? # 5 is New Mexico. No thanks. If the zombies dont get you, the cops will.

Arizona is coming in at # 7. Ive heard nice things about AZ, nice weather, nice landscape, reasonable cost of living, low taxes, pro 2nd Amendment.

Ok, Arizona it is!

And coming in last as expected, is New Jersey. Like there was any doubt. Isnt NJ last in everything?

More residents are leaving New Jersey than any other state in U.S.

Theres gotta be some use for NJ, right?

Maybe we can build a giant wall around it (we'll include NYC as well) and turn it into a giant dump?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
I saw that yesterday and it made me laugh although some of their metrics are questionable. They used self-reported interests from facebook for a lot of their criteria. Are you going to trust self-reported martial arts and lasar tag enthusiasts to save your butt in the zombie apocalypse?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
NM, AZ, NV some of the best? No way.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Nowhere in North America would be safe, unless it's in the middle of a very large lake or surrounded by a hundred miles of desolate desert. Or a secluded peak on a very steep mountain. None of which are very convenient locations to find food or secure lodgings. I would suggest getting a large boat and collecting supplies by hopping from coastal city to coastal city. You wouldn't need to be more than a dozen miles out in the water to be safe.
edit on 28-3-2014 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I am a Alaskan fisherman, fallow me if you want to survive!!!

WARNING: White boy Muslim , stops to pray often ! .

Pros : will run head first into zombi stack ...SEEKING MARTYRDOM

Cons: all woman must wear hijab ,and men
...grow your beards :-P

Humbly

LSH
edit on 0383033133833th by LightningStrikesHere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

My state ranked 16th.

Good odds. I'll take 'em.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I didnt know "zombies" stayed within states boundaries so carefully. Do they have GPS or something?

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm in D.C....Bummer.

But I'd take a bunch of them out with me. Or I could head into West Virginia, I bet it wouldn't be much different than the crowd already out there

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Gotta say I'm glad my state (WA) is in a Zombieland zone. Beginning to think this is the only way any of us will ever get away from the totalitarian boot of TPTB.

Give me zombies anyday.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:40 PM
link   

watchitburn
I'm in D.C....Bummer.

But I'd take a bunch of them out with me. Or I could head into West Virginia, I bet it wouldn't be much different than the crowd already out there

Zombies would starve in DC. No brains.

Just hide until the politicians try to legislate the zombies "undead-americans.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I would choose Wyoming just for the fact it has the smallest population.
Fun topic.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
Nowhere in North America would be safe...

Unless zombies learn to drive...there are lots of safe places.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Even the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is involved !!!!

Wonder why Zombies, Zombie Apocalypse, and Zombie Preparedness continue to live or walk dead on a CDC web site? As it turns out what first began as a tongue in cheek campaign to engage new audiences with preparedness messages has proven to be a very effective platform. We continue to reach and engage a wide variety of audiences on all hazards preparedness via Zombie Preparedness; and as our own director, Dr. Ali Khan, notes, "If you are generally well equipped to deal with a zombie apocalypse you will be prepared for a hurricane, pandemic, earthquake, or terrorist attack." So please log on, get a kit, make a plan, and be prepared!

CDC - Zombie Preparedness

old related thread ....
CDC denies rumors of zombie apocalypse !!

Be Prepared !!!!

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Haha, I literally laughed out loud at the statistic that shows Washington D.C. with the most gun owners.

Funny stuff..

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   

watchitburn
Or I could head into West Virginia, I bet it wouldn't be much different than the crowd already out there

Inbred or not, they do it right...

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

iamhobo
Haha, I literally laughed out loud at the statistic that shows Washington D.C. with the most gun owners.

Funny stuff..

They are ranked last for gun ownership (51st.).

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I was wondering how anyone in DC would know if the Zombie apocalypse had started or not? Have you seen Harry Reid lately? I'd add McConnel to that, but his cheeks are at least still a but plump ... I wonder how much Botox it takes.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

iamhobo

Funny stuff..

That's legal gun owners I'm sure ...

Leeland Yee can only run 'em so far, so fast.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I know it's just for fun but I think making all of the metrics weighted evenly was a mistake. For example, Oregon is #1 for physically active people and #11 for survival skills. Those are two metrics that should be far more important than some of the others.

I definitely wouldn't leave Oregon in a zombie scenario. Besides, our Bigfeet and tree octopi will fend them off.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   
why isnt this zombie apocalypse stuff thrown into the joke bin,,,, threads with more plausible scenarios of happening get thrown in there all the time...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join