It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: Alaska best suited to repel the zombie apocalypse, NJ worst.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Hoaxster
why isnt this zombie apocalypse stuff thrown into the joke bin,,,, threads with more plausible scenarios of happening get thrown in there all the time...

There are conditions that afflict people right now that changes our behavior. There are afflictions that affect certain species that pretty much makes them into zombies (those parasites that get into the heads of ants).

A scenario where a virus shuts down our reasoning and converts people into homicidal lunatics is not all that far-fetched. When people speak about it as a possible scenario, they aren't usually thinking literal "zombies" where they come back to life after dying. The "zombie apocalypse" covers a wide range of possibilities.

Instead of "Dawn of the Dead", think "28 Days Later". Instead of thinking "The Walking Dead", think "I Am Legend".

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Pff. Come to newfoundland.

We are an island.
Its just kinda cold here.

Yeah you might not want to come to nl.

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LightningStrikesHere

Thanks but no thanks

posted on Mar, 28 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   

crucified

Thanks but no thanks

I don't blame you !

But why ,just curious ? Lol

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Im not all about the martyrdom thing. I collect scoped rifles for a reason my friend I like to hide lol

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Why does Oregon gets taken out? I mean with all the forests I'm pretty sure a person who knows how to survive can bug out.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

That I'm sure of. The citiots are screwed though.

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   

crucified

Im not all about the martyrdom thing. I collect scoped rifles for a reason my friend I like to hide lol

Hahaha fair enough!! I got a few my self!

Don't worrie i don't pray and pray :-P hehe

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I'm of good use at 100-600 yards though lol

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 01:50 AM
link   

crucified

I'm of good use at 100-600 yards though lol

Perfect ,if the Zombies come ill meet you in Chignik Alaska !

lol

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   

The funniest comment I've read in a day or two.

I love it.
Oh ya something on topic..... My home state of Michigan would be more suitable I believe than what is forecasted .
Why you ask ?
Oh wait... no one asked.

(heads over to a slayer thread)

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

CitizenJack

The funniest comment I've read in a day or two.

I love it.
Oh ya something on topic..... My home state of Michigan would be more suitable I believe than what is forecasted .
Why you ask ?
Oh wait... no one asked.

(heads over to a slayer thread)

Lol....i wonder if slayer knows i am using his old Avatar ....teeheee hee

posted on Mar, 29 2014 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I don't exactly understand how this "study" was conducted, but I've lived in Pennsylvania nearly my whole life so far (23 out of 25 years), and being a pro gun state, and owning quite a few guns, including quite a few class 3 items, I'd say Pennsylvania would be quite suited to fighting off some zombies, except of course, for the major cities. I also lived in West Virginia for 2 years, and that's about as pro gun as you get, so that one seems correct.

And yea, I've been to New Jersey more times than I can count, and let me tell ya, the place flat out sucks a$$. I agree 100% on them being last. I've been to quite a few states. Probably more than half of them, and New Jersey tops my list of suckiest of them all. New York is close behind. I like golf, and it's a shame one of the best golf courses in the world in is in New Jersey (Pine Valley). There's a reason there's no toll to get into Jersey, but they charge you to get out, lol.
edit on 29-3-2014 by JohnnySasaki because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   

interesting, i had already expected Alaska to be the safest, but not for those reasons,

zombie mythos describes the monsters as having no flowing blood, no internal temperature control, in alaska their movement would be greatly slowed if not frozen stiff.

alternatively, locations of great heat such as near to the equator would cause them to rot away much faster, shortening the amount of time you'd have to hide from them before theyd all turn to dust.

i never did understand why in all the zombie movies you never see them dig a moat around their camp, setting any collected groups of zombies afire whenever they collect in it,

i suppose that would be to easy and not make for much drama huh, hollywood.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

starwarsisreal

Why does Oregon gets taken out? I mean with all the forests I'm pretty sure a person who knows how to survive can bug out.

they are not accounting for geography at all, this study has all to do with population of states and expertise of that population. using that to judge how effectively a state will be able to defend itself and eradicate the zombies.

the forests of oregon would certainly benefit it, ive walked those forest, you have to have a head about you to avoid breaking your leg or getting it stuck, or falling down a step drop, etc. zombies would certainly be taking themselves out in that environment, the constant rain(moisture) and steady temperature would also ensure a constant decomposition of the corpses as well.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Lols.. I look around and alot of people are acting like zombies already.

Well how could this become reality?

The government releases a toxic gas into the atmosphere that transforms all who breathe it into mindless zombies.

Or more likely. .

They press the reset button and crash the economy..a price of bread costs $1000.. a few days without food and people will steal and fight for it.. a week without food and people will kill for it.

The best way to survive this outcome is to live in a less populated area and build a trustworthy community that can primarily be trusted to guard food when you go out hunting for more.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
When the zombie apocalypse happens, I'll be jumping on my toboggan and heading for Nunavut.

I have no problem chewing on whale blubber 24/7 for sustenance.

... The rest of y'all can duke it out for scraps in a wasteland of nuclear power plants gone rogue.

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Does GA rank so low because the CDC is here?

I have to disagree with this one for two reasons: 1.) they give you a box of Zombie killers with every firearm purchased and 2.) the Walking Dead wouldn't be set in GA if this were true.

Then again, I suppose it all depends if these are fast zombies or slow zombies we're talking about.

ETA: It's totally freaking me out that four of the pllace I live/have lived in are in the bottom 4.
edit on 3/30/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 10:56 PM
link   

cosmikDebris
NM, AZ, NV some of the best? No way.

There the best because they are the least populated and the land itself will kill you lol. Hard to survive in place with no water lol.

Numbers for Alaska is false. Majority of population live in city and know nothing about survival lol. Plus it so cold up there no one survive. No way.

Give me the south where it is warm and everyone has three guns. Lol

How many do you have lol.

The Bot

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:01 PM
link   

CranialSponge
When the zombie apocalypse happens, I'll be jumping on my toboggan and heading for Nunavut.

I have no problem chewing on whale blubber 24/7 for sustenance.

... The rest of y'all can duke it out for scraps in a wasteland of nuclear power plants gone rogue.

Don't worry we will be coming to take that wale blubber lol....

Jk lol... We will take the warm places lol...

The b

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join