It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Analysis: Alaska best suited to repel the zombie apocalypse, NJ worst.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

i get their logic. But they are wrong.

Anything on the mainland will be the same. Sure, you may be able to hide out in the moutains of Wyoming. But eventually you will run into trouble.

Your best bet are islands. smaller is better. and you have to be ruthless in how you secure your own safety.

posted on Mar, 31 2014 @ 03:51 AM
link   
I've always said I'd head to Alaska, the cold would kill em LOL wait til they freeze up

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I think Quebec is just fine for me, I live in a relatively small town, and am pretty close (45 min drive) to my secluded camping site sourrounded by a large lake, steep hills and dense forest packed with all kinds of animals. I think My family and I would be ok there at leaast for a little bit. Having weapons will help a lot in this kind of scenario.

I also have to mention, that if we get the Walking Dead kind of zombies (Slow and dumb) it would be somewhat easy to avoid them or repel them. The kind like in 28 days later (Fast and sorta smart), we'd all be in deep deep trouble.

I will hope that if this happens one day (unlikely) that we get the slow and dumb ones.....Then I would have a field day and call for OPEN SEASON!!!

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Can Zombies climb stairs?

Just wondering.

I actually saw one of these hacked signs a few years ago on I285 in Atlanta, and lemme tell you...it was really hilarious. As if Atlanta traffic isn't bad enough.

This isn't the pic I took with my phone (that phone took a bath) but it's very similar. LOL

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

I think that is a good question.

What kind of zombie apocolypse are we talking about? The Walking Dead, where everyone who dies turns into a zombie? The dead climbing out of the graves to attack, a la the 50's pulp movies? Or maybe a passing comet infects people?

The type of zombie infestation really matters.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:33 AM
link   

~Lucidity
Can Zombies climb stairs?

Just wondering.

I actually saw one of these hacked signs a few years ago on I285 in Atlanta, and lemme tell you...it was really hilarious. As if Atlanta traffic isn't bad enough.

This isn't the pic I took with my phone (that phone took a bath) but it's very similar. LOL

Yes they can climb stairs but they have a problem with ladders. Zombies have no coordination so they can't climb things like ladders, rock walls and the such.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Ummm...the fast zombies?

I think the ones who climb out of graves are slow and so are the walking dead ones, right? So would the comet ones be fast?

reply to post by buster2010

Got it. So stairs are no good. So a loft with a ladder would be okay.

Funny story. When I go to the range, if I use a zombie Hitler target with a helmet I cannot for the life of me hit it in the head. But I can shoot the hell out of its liver. I don't have this problem with any non-zombie targets.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   

~Lucidity

Ummm...the fast zombies?

I think the ones who climb out of graves are slow and so are the walking dead ones, right? So would the comet ones be fast?

reply to post by buster2010

Got it. So stairs are no good. So a loft with a ladder would be okay.

Funny story. When I go to the range, if I use a zombie Hitler target with a helmet I cannot for the life of me hit it in the head. But I can shoot the hell out of its liver. I don't have this problem with any non-zombie targets.

zombies that run....that is terrifying. Zombieland

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   

And I think 28 Days Later had fast ones too. That really was absolutely terrifying.

edit on 4/4/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

my 16 year old and I talk about this.

we have determined that the ideal is a sword (katana would be nice, but any long blade will work, even a machete), a crossbow. A compound bow would work, too. And a shotgun. A sawed off 410 would be perfect. A "Judge" sidearm would be the ideal. And a nice, sharp knife. 6" blade range, preferrably one that has an "assisted opening" feature.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I've always said I'd head to Alaska, the cold would kill em LOL

I thought they were already dead...

Dead or not those suckers can't swim. Here's where I'm going. Got the boat out front. all stocked up, etc. And it's warm too, none of that cold stuff for me.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by HomerinNC

I've always said I'd head to Alaska, the cold would kill em LOL

I thought they were already dead...

Dead or not those suckers can't swim. Here's where I'm going. Got the boat out front. all stocked up, etc. And it's warm too, none of that cold stuff for me.

I like the way you think bassago.

I had thought about a boat, but maintenance issues seem to preclude long term survivability. But that lighthouse...that seems like its perfect. Even better if the waters are shark infested (assuming a shark would eat a zombie)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join