It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gay people can get married in the UK at midnight tonight :D

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I will answer you that. Yes, it goes against the laws of nature. Why? Well, the answer is very simple. You cannot reproduce. Life could not exist if we were all homosexuals. You can deny it as much as you can, but homosexuality is connected with DNA mutations. If not so, than everyone would be gay.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Nikola014

The nature of Homosexuality or its morality is not really the topic under discussion; the topic is about whether Gay people should be afforded the same rights as Heterosexual people.
So even if we accept that Homosexuality is somehow abnormal, which I don't and we'll come to that in a moment, is that still reason why homosexuals should be actively discriminated against and not allowed equal rights as their fellow citizens?
Please give me one good logical reason why?
And sorry, because 'its not normal' simply doesn't cut it - who is being harmed or is society being harmed by allowing homosexuals equal marriage rights?

Yes, it goes against the laws of nature.

Homosexual acts can be witnessed in many animals.
If it is so wrong then that must mean that there is something fundamentally wrong with 'nature' itself.
And who created nature?
God?
If that's so that means there's something wrong and corrupt with Gods creation and thus by extension God must be wrong and corrupt?

Its a slippery slope isn't it?

Life could not exist if we were all homosexuals.

Obviously, but no-one is suggesting that everyone could, would or should be homosexual - just those that are.
Its so simple.
Live and let live.

You can deny it as much as you can, but homosexuality is connected with DNA mutations.

Is it?
Do you have any supportive proof or evidence to back this up?

If not so, than everyone would be gay.

How come?
Please explain to me step by step exactly how we would all be gay if homosexuality was not 'caused' by DNA mutation.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Nikola014

I will answer you that. Yes, it goes against the laws of nature. Why? Well, the answer is very simple. You cannot reproduce. Life could not exist if we were all homosexuals. You can deny it as much as you can, but homosexuality is connected with DNA mutations. If not so, than everyone would be gay.

If going against the laws of nature is so horrible, then we should never drive cars or fly in planes, or even wear clothes, because that is going against nature.

If everyone had 10 kids, we would have 50 billion people on this planet. Some people have 10 kids, some people have a couple of kids, and some people decide not to have any kids. It's all good. Not everyone is the same, and that's okay. Not everyone has red hair, and not everyone is left handed, and not everyone is homosexual. So, exactly what is your problem?

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't have any problems with homosexuals.

I don't think you understand just how little we know about our own DNA. In the future, I've no doubts that homosexuality will be proven as a DNA mutation. As you said, it is not something that can be decided to be or not. So then we have to assume that it has something to do with genetics. Do you agree with it? If you don't agree with it, then it is a matter of choice. So what is it then? Genetics or choice?

edit on 3-4-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Nikola014

I don't think you understand just how little we know about our own DNA. In the future, I've no doubts that homosexuality will be proven as a DNA mutation. As you said, it is not something that can be decided to be or not. So then we have to assume that it has something to do with genetics. Do you agree with it? If you don't agree with it, then it is a matter of choice. So what is it then? Genetics or choice?

edit on 3-4-2014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

Well, I know it's not a conscious choice, any more than it is a conscious choice for a hetero guy to be attracted to blond girls, or girls with long legs, or girls with big bottoms.

We know that a small percentage of our population has always been homosexual. We know that this small percentage of the population does not harm or upset the balance of nature. So, does it really matter whether it's genetics or not? Does it really matter in deciding whether to give gay people equal marriage rights? I don't think it matters at all.

posted on Apr, 3 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Do you have a problem with homosexuals being married?

I don't think you understand just how little we know about our own DNA.

I know as much, or should that be as little, as the average guy in the street.
Of course we are just beginning to learn about its complexity etc, that's not in dispute here.

In the future, I've no doubts that homosexuality will be proven as a DNA mutation.

You've 'no doubt'?
That's one hell of a leap of faith, especially considering as you rightly pointed out we know so little about DNA but YOU know that future studies of it will reveal a genetic 'mutation' that will explain homosexuality.
And I assume this exact same 'mutation' must be present in the DNA of all the numerous other animal species where homosexuality is present?

I personally believe that its likely that a person's sexuality is determined by a combination of numerous biological, environmental and genetic factors but I can hardly be described as an expert on the subject, its just an opinion and one that could easily be wrong.

But as far as this thread is concerned its all semantics really.
Does it matter why?
More to the point they are - that's an undeniable fact.
And should they be discriminated against and marginalised simply because they are gay?

To be honest, I really don't understand why people can get so upset, angry and opposed to same sex marriages.
They are consenting adults and it doesn't hurt or impact anyone else in any way shape or form - so why the big deal?

edit on 3/4/14 by Freeborn because: grammar and clarity

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

What gets me is when idiot Republicans in the US complain about big government and then announce proudly their latest anti-gay law - and fail to see the paradox. My wife and I laugh about it a lot.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The flaw in your argument is simply that nature controls natural organic evolution and it produces homosexuality, probably as a means of controlling over population, but nevertheless homosexuality is not something scientific man produces, homosexuality occurs naturally as well as androgyny.

Perhaps its because too many people are using the worlds resources that as we won't control our own numbers, nature does it for us.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Shiloh7

But there has always been homosexuality? even when the population wasn't out of control.
There are no more or less gay people now than there has ever been, openly gay sure, but not actually gay.
So your theory makes no sense.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 04:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Wish I was there to celebrate with you- have an amazing time and give everyone a hug for me ^_^

edit on 14am04uAmerica/ChicagoFriday1990 by samuel1990 because: More spelling

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 05:03 AM
link   

"Well done to all the campaigners and the people who fought for equality"

This equality comes at a price as anyone will tell you that are against homo's getting married because the media and the law has been subverted to force this on to the public.

Lot's of people are aginst this and gay pride is set on them if they speak up or the police arrest them for so called "Hate Crimes" so when it comes to "equality" it seems that not all people are equal if they don't bang the NWO drum.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by VirusGuard

What is there to be against? There is now equality under the law and consenting adults of any sex can get married, how does this affect you or anyone else, and what business is it of yours?
If you are against it because you think it is wrong or weird or abnormal, then you are a bigot.
If you discriminate and verbally attack or ridicule or in anyway physically challenge people then it IS a hate crime.
What is wrong with live and let live? Instead of listening to archaic musings of mysoginistic, bigoted and ignorant bible writers, how about you live in the here And now and get on with your life and let others do the same.

There is not one, not ONE single reason to be opposed to homosexuality.
It is not contagious, it doesn't spread so please don't give me the schpeel about 'if everyone was gay then the human race would die out' because not everyone is gay.
The vast majority are straight and have always been and always will be.
There is no serious argument at all against homosexuality and nor should there be.

The only arguments are wholly based and borne out of fear, ignorance and 'dislike of the other' which we see manifest in many other ways.

Just grow up, it's 2014 already.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Freeborn
reply to post by Fromabove

In any case, Homosexuality is still against the law in Russia and Iran.

You made exactly the same point back on the second page of this thread;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The question I asked in response to you then remains unanswered so I'll ask it again;
" And since when has Russian laws and jurisprudence had any influence or relevance on UK Law?"

And do you really think we should be following Iran's example on anything?

If not then where is the relevance? Just what was the point of your post?

The point I'm making is that thinking that the acceptance of homosexuality in the UK means world acceptance, it doesn't. There are still many in the world that are nauseated at the thought of two people of the same sex having sex. Some countries still punish homosexuals for their activities. Only in some western countries do they accept it.

And yes, if I could I would make it illegal and define it as mental illness as it was not too long ago.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 01:37 PM
link   

VirusGuard

"Well done to all the campaigners and the people who fought for equality"

This equality comes at a price as anyone will tell you that are against homo's getting married because the media and the law has been subverted to force this on to the public.

Lot's of people are aginst this and gay pride is set on them if they speak up or the police arrest them for so called "Hate Crimes" so when it comes to "equality" it seems that not all people are equal if they don't bang the NWO drum.

Speaking as a former member of the media, I'd like to ask where you think this subversion is coming from.

posted on Apr, 4 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The point I'm making is that thinking that the acceptance of homosexuality in the UK means world acceptance, it doesn't.

I don't think anyone is suggesting anything of the sort, we all know that there are many countries where homosexuals are still prejudiced against to varying degrees.

Some countries still punish homosexuals for their activities.

In some countries women who have been raped still get stoned to death.
Does it make it right?

And we aren't talking about other countries, we are talking about the UK where as far as I and many others are concerned an outdated and unfair legal restriction has been lifted.

Only in some western countries do they accept it.

Not true.
And even if it were true, so what?

And yes, if I could I would make it illegal and define it as mental illness as it was not too long ago.

You do know that you would be condemning many of the worlds greatest thinkers, artists, statesmen etc to lifetimes of imprisonment or incarceration.
The world would be a worse place.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Good job you are not making the laws then.
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is wrong.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

So Alexander the Great, Richard I, Frederick the Great and Alan Turing were all mad were they?

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Bone75
Ahhh there's the thumb in the eye of religion that I was looking for. That's all it is. This issue has nothing to do with equal rights. I wonder what this means for ministers that don't want to perform gay marriages?

Nope, because they won't be forced to do anything they do not want to - that provision has been put in to the Act, at the request of the Bishops who sit in the House of Lords. But, as an American, you'd know all about how our country works...

Bone75
I'm against it because I know the progressive agenda against Christianity isn't going to stop with gay marriage. Next churches will be forced to perform gay marriages or face losing their licenses. Mark my words.

What the hell is a "progressive"?

Anyhoo - once again, this comes down to you not actually having a clue about what you're talking about - Churches do not require a marriage "license", only the couple require a license and only then if:

One or both of you is a national of a country outside the European Economic Area.
One or both of you are British but live abroad.
One or both of you live in the UK but your home is not in England or Wales.
Your home address is likely to change during the time when banns would normally be read out.
Your wedding date is too soon to allow enough time for banns to be read.

So for most resident couples in England & Wales, there is no requirement for any kind of "license" to get married if done in a Church.

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:28 AM
link   

lestweforget
First it was acceptance, then equality, now marriage. What will be gays next endeavor? When i say gays i mean male gays, no one cares about gay women.

What are you chatting about - this applies to homosexuals of whatever flavour. In fact, some of the first to be married under this or the previous Civil Partnerships were women.

lestweforget
How long before two male gays can legally adopt children in UK? Probably not long at all. Then what?

They already can - since 2002 and society hasn't collapsed.

lestweforget
The thought of two sexually depraved men getting their claws on an innocent little boy scares the # out of me!

Why must Gay people be "sexually depraved" and what makes you think two straight people aren't "sexually depraved"

lestweforget
And before anyone comes and brands me a homophobe, dont bother, its totally natural, unlike gayness and i wear that term as a badge of honor.

Being Gay is about as natural as anything else - it happens in the wild you know - and yes, you are a homophobe, a bigot and quite frankly a poor excuse of a human being, not to mention a Christian - what happened to turning the other cheek and he who is without sin casting the first stone, etc?
edit on 5/4/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   

DarknStormy
A true Christian wouldn't marry a gay person and with that a gay person cannot be a true/righteous Christian. In a self-styled religion this would be OK but the true teaching tells the reader that they should stay away from not only homosexuals but anyone who transgresses the commandments of Jesus.. It's as simple as that.

I wonder...

Are you wearing clothes right now made out of a mix of fabrics?

Have you ever had a bad word to say about your parents?

Do you think Adulterers should be executed?

Do you agree that people with disfigurements, or are blind or disabled should be denied access to Church?

Do you believe anyone who tries to convert you to another faith should be put to death?

Do you think that towns or cities where the religion isn't Christianity should be destroyed?

Do you think that people who have dreams that are against the word of God should be executed?

Now, if you answer contrary to any of the above questions then you sir are a hypocrite and clearly cherry pick which parts of the Bible and the Word of Baby Jeebus you wish to follow, in which case it highlights you as anything but a true/righteous Christian and therefore someone of very dubious credibility on this matter.

edit on 5/4/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join