It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO says Russia has big force at Ukraine's border, worries over Transdniestria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
THere are countries/ppl around the world that are much more violantly/brutaly surrounded even at the very moment, so far russia havnt bomb them etc. Im thinking russia is better suited to be the "world police" than what we have had in the past.

LE: "world police" in loan marks, i meant as sarcastical meaning as world police, i know perfectly well these powers aint acting as real police of the world, as my observe they all act by greed etc. Look at whole european union thing, how it was brought around in many countries with lies and embty promices, so quickly all the BS talk changed to real agendas and many ppl suffer even more than before. More an more i see and think about it, all seems to be building to next age of wars, so what can we expect?
edit on 23-3-2014 by romilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by romilo

The world does not need a police.
That's some scary thinking you have there friend.
Please don't think to much.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by romilo

romilo
Im thinking russia is better suited to be the "world police" than what we have had in the past.

If we really need a "world police"... it had to be one that doesn't violate the international laws we used to agree on themselves... and neither NATO, nor Russia can claim that.

There is not a single superpower, nor military alliance on this planet with the moral highground to point fingers right now... which is why everyone needs to calm the # down and get back on the table, and behave like adults for once.
edit on 23-3-2014 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
BTW, it's important to note....This isn't about Ukraine. Not this story. It is the next step beyond that which NATO's Supreme Commander is worried about, and I can see why. It would be...awkward..to say the least, as there is no buffer of any sort beyond that. It's right into NATO territory after that point.

This is about Moldova, now.

It'll be interesting to watch.

where did you get the information about the NATO Commander and Moldova? I didn't read that anywhere. Also what do you mean this isn't about Ukraine anymore!

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Had to laugh this morning on Andrew Marr show when the Russian Ambassador to the EU Vladimir Chizhov "joked" that Russia wont stop at Moldova but would go after Alaska next due to it "historically being Russian".

Unfortunately all moral high ground has been bulldozed by recent unilateral actions taken by NATO allies meaning this is an argument between international bad guys who throw their weight around without getting their own hands dirty.

Hopefully the predominantly working class people in Russia, Ukraine NATO who have to actually be on the ground, fighting the wars, will force these corrupt war mongers in high office to acknowledge that we dont want war and if it has to happen; let it be their sons and daughters; not ours.
edit on 23-3-2014 by Jukiodone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

SLAYER69
That's exactly why God invented tactical theater Nuclear Devices.

Because when any side resorts to non-strategic nukes, the other will surely just respond rational.
Yeah, very mature. If it all gets to embarrassing, just turn off the lights.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by rjbaggins

Its all over the news... I'm sure if you really really try, you'll
find in like 5 seconds.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

amkia
Me think it is about the time for the Russian Federation to consider the “WALL” again.

It's really not that black and white.

If these status issues were to be handled in the 90's just a couple of years post Soviet era all of those little territory's like Crimea would choose independence for sure. All of them asked for it then, even fought for it sometimes.

It's a different world today, they see what is happening with big countries like Spain and Italy, they read about new EU members Poland and Bulgaria and their problems. They have accepted the fact being independent or an EU member is not a guarantee for prosperity so they are choosing to go back. Back to 'mother's arms' so to speak. It is not perfect but hey, at least they know what to expect.

So who are WE to tell them otherwise?

edit on 23-3-2014 by Exitt because: .

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
You dont stack up that many troops to exchange tea and pie.....an invansion is going to happen. Do you remember in the last Iraq war.....we moved like 200k units all over near Iraq. That many units costs alot of money to move and feed....im sure there is more to come.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicexplorer

That's what I was thinking too, they won't keep a force that size sitting for long.
I expect deployment to come at any moment.

Or it 's all posturing and the troops leave for their barracks soon.

I'm not expecting them to leave though.

Game on.
edit on Sun, 23 Mar 2014 08:30:17 -0500308America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Putins original plan for Ukraine

Annexation of the east and south Ukraine, all the way to Moldova.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   

asen_y2k
Putins original plan for Ukraine

Annexation of the east and south Ukraine, all the way to Moldova.

LOL are you forgetting this is ATS ?

epaper - Kiev Post
journalist - K. Gorchinskaya

A trusted source of mine materialized this week carrying a freaky gift: a leaked document allegedly produced by Russia’s National Security Council. The document itself, he says, looks like a compilation of pieces of other papers that lay out the Russian plan for Ukraine – at least a version of what they hope to carry out.

yup, seems legit

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   

romilo
Im thinking russia is better suited to be the "world police" than what we have had in the past.

Russia is not as squeaky clean as some people want to believe, although the cowed Russian press only reports good news. Look at the horrific mess they made of Chechnya. At least NATO policy attempted to minimise civilian loss in their conflicts.

en.wikipedia.org...

To the OP. NATO is signalling that it will not tolerate Russian military expansion. I doubt there will be any actual military meeting between Russia and NATO (it would be something Putin would want to avoid on account of certain death), but the democratic West can play the long game. You can bet that the EU is (as we speak) planning on reducing reliance on Russian gas and that over the coming years Russia will remain untrusted in matters of global politics.

We can all cite a "new Cold War", but the last one was won by the West. Clearly, Russia has not recovered a modern mentality.

PS If Russia is so good, why is practically every country bordering them desperate to join a more liberal block, like the EU?

Regards

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I am very dubious as to the NATO commander's claims. If there is a 'sizable' force of Russian troops amassed somewhere along the Ukraine's eastern border, where exactly are they stationed? As for fears of Russian annexation of Transnistria in Moldova, I doubt very much if Putin will accede to the request, for in geographical terms it is placed very awkwardly to make annexation a feasible course of action.

Putin is not stupid (at least I hope he isn't) to want to move into any further parts of the Ukraine, particularly the East and South, as politically and economically, the action would be a retrograde and highly disadvantageous step to take, allowing Western concerns to become legitimate, and to be able to respond accordingly, reducing the upper-hand he currently holds against the West. Putin has no legitimate right to enter any more of Ukraine's territory, none at all, so I cannot see him doing so.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Moscow: No troop build-up or undeclared military activity near Ukraine borders

Following recent probes by foreign missions in Russia of Ukraine’s bordering regions, foreign inspectors came to the conclusion that "Russian Armed Forces are not undertaking any undeclared military activity that would threaten the security of neighboring countries," Antonov added.

“Our venues and regions, where troops are stationed near Ukrainian borders, have twice been checked by the Ukrainian military,” the Deputy Minister said. “Besides, we have had on our territory inspectors from the US, Canada, Germany, France, Switzerland, Poland, Latvia, Estonia and Finland.”

“We did our best to meet our partners’ requests by allowing them to inspect all of the sites they wanted to. We have nothing to hide,” Antonov said.

"We believe this would to large extent facilitate release of tension, something the head of the Pentagon, Hagel, called for during his recent phone conversation with Minister Shoigu.”

NATO may be stretching the truth a bit, imo.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Jukiodone

Oh yeah i see the russians trying to retake alaska. Its the perfect excuse to cut the head off the Russian chicken with assasination or a snuck in nuclear weapon(delivered by saudi born operatives no less to throw off suspicion). Historically russian huh? the Inuit owned it way before the russians had a claim at all.

Putin is a limp wristed panzy who cannot do anything
Short of using his military to try and recapture the glory days. Way to man Up Putin. sending troops into another country without their tags on their uniforms. Read the geneva conventions and tell me where that is legal.
edit on 14upppm by yuppa because: shortened it.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's exactly why God invented tactical theater Nuclear Devices.

edit on 23-3-2014 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Slow day today

Just doing my part by pointing the finger of DOOM

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   
From what I have been hearing on CBC, Transnistria region WANTS to join Russia. There was nothing to suggest that Russia was seeking their support. Only US media is reporting that Russia has her eyes on controlling that region.

posted on Mar, 23 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   

SLAYER69
reply to post by crazyewok

Slow day today

Just doing my part by pointing the finger of DOOM

Haha ok. To be fair a UK/US force on the defense East Ukraine would likely make mince meat of any invading Russian forces with just conventional weapons.
edit on 23-3-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join