It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO says Russia has big force at Ukraine's border, worries over Transdniestria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 08:38 AM
link   

yuppa

I got a question for you.(the following if for emphasis only not yelling sigh) WHY IN THE 9 LEVELS OF HELL DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPLY POWER TO A PART OF YOUR COUNTRY THAT BECAME PART OF ANOTHER ONE? YOU DONT! They are part of Russia now and as such fall under THEIR POWER GRID OR RESPONSIBILITY AND NOT UKRAINE.

If they cannot take responsibility for their actions thats on them. You dont see the US supplying power to mexico do you? So why should Ukrains have to power Crimea?

I've already replied to your post and told you you are mistaken.

Well, I was mistaken talking about gas while you are talking about the power grid.

I apologize because i think you are right actually, Crimea is no longer Ukrainian so they must transfer their electricity supply to/from Russia.

It is not a nice thing to do shutting off someone's power before they've made other arrangements but hey, Ukraine has every legal right to do so.

Spring is in the air and my mind is wondering off sometimes

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Exitt

Hey no problem. its aggravating sometimes how polotics works.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Exitt

yuppa
stion for you.(the following if for emphasis only not yelling sigh) WHY IN THE 9 LEVELS OF HELL DO YOU HAVE TO SUPPLY POWER TO A PART OF YOUR COUNTRY THAT BECAME PART OF ANOTHER ONE? YOU DONT! They are part of Russia now and as such fall under THEIR POWER GRID OR RESPONSIBILITY AND NOT UKRAINE.

If they cannot take responsibility for their actions thats on them. You dont see the US supplying power to mexico do you? So why should Ukrains have to power Crimea?

You are simply mistaken.

Gas is Russian. Ukraine is only a distributor (pipelines) to EU and of course to themselves and Crimea.
Ukraine has no right to shut of gas supply (to anyone) which is not theirs in the first place.
Especially since they don't like paying for it gimme gas 4 free - you my cousin or what?

My understanding is Russia took control of the gas plants but the Hyrdoplant that supplies a portion of Crimean electricity is in Southern Ukraine and has every right to turn power of going ot that grid as it's now Russian responsibility to sustain power. They can buy power from Ukraine of course.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I don't know Slayer,

How would the US feel if Russia was surrounding us with Military bases on our own Continent.

People seem to forget that Russians have the right to feel secure at home just as much as We do.

I mean, its not like We invaded any countries to set up those bases in the first place right?

Foreign policy is a chess match of moves, No one side is the aggressor or instigator, to think so is Naive.

posted on Mar, 24 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

we only invaded 3 nations on the russian border, afghanistan, japan and north korea and only one is useful enough to counter russia, one we have no bases in and the other is land locked. aside from that the other nations on their "former" and current borders have always been there in one form or another even longer than russia, aside from finland, aghanistan, turkey and japan where have they been surrounded aggressively?
as for nato expanding, so what? many former soviet nations in europe existed before russia and were western before they were russian so why shouldn't we be allies, it's not like we forced nato on them so why are we called aggressors for it? if they wish to leave and be friends with russia then nothing is stopping them is it?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join