It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congragulations Ukraine, you have the weakest military in history

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
And before you guys say `oh god not another russian/ukraine thread`

i have scoured through page after page, and besides for me and one other person named jim, absolutly nobody seems to be talking about how ridiculously tame/ coward like the Ukraine military have come across.

Before anybody rambles on and on about the russian force being way bigger.. everybody knows if there was an all out assult by the russians and they were massacaring ukranians, that other countries WOULD have no choice but to step in and lend a hand to the Ukraine.
Secondly, throughout history, the underdog has ALWAYS been able to defeat the bigger power, think the israel war when they had 7 arab nations who had vowed to wipe them out. Did israel stand there and tremble and give in, and allow themselves to be invaded? no, they stood up for themelves. And they won! (ps dont turn this into a zionist/ israel control the world b.s thread, im just giving an example of how they were surrounded by countries wanting to wipe them out from all sides, and they won without any help from any other country)!

Ukraine have had their land taken in the shape of Crimea, they have had officers kidnapped, they have had soldiers killed, many injured, and yet they still will not lift a finger. Have they even fired a shot yet? i doubt it.

Never, ever in human history has a country allowed itself to be pushed around and be made to look like defenceless cowards, without even putting up so much as any resistance (even if they are out numbered), like Ukraine have done.

What is the purpose of their military? to give up their weapons and run at the first sight of the enemy?
Shame on them

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I don't think anyone would step in until after the Ukrainian army was destroyed. That's how long we take to make up our minds. I don't blame them.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Didn't you already do a thread exactly like this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And like the above poster said, if they went combative v Russia it would be game over before any help arrived
edit on ndSat, 22 Mar 2014 15:36:29 -0500America/Chicago320142980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
So a semi peaceful transition from one puppet government to another is not complete with out heavy Blood shed?

Avoiding un-needed death is weakness?

So I suppose every problem in your home is a nail ?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Gee I'd bet on the French........JUST JOKING

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Ukraine has the world's 21st strongest military. Russian has the world's 2nd. [Source]

That might have a little bit to do with it.

"Though the enemy be stronger in numbers, we may prevent him from fighting. Scheme so as to discover his plans and the likelihood of their success. " ~The Art of War

The open question of the legality of the vote over Crimea might have a little bit to do with it as well.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Sremmos80
reply to post by eliuk

And like the above poster said, if they went combative v Russia it would be game over before any help arrived
edit on ndSat, 22 Mar 2014 15:36:29 -0500America/Chicago320142980 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

Better to die defending something you believe in, than to live a coward

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

so you are dissapointed there is no bloodshed? here is an idea maybe you can arm yourself and go and fight the russians if that makes you happy

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

eliuk

How it all went down is a HELL of a lot better than it could have gone.

Let's just be grateful we are all here to bitch, moan and argue over it instead of fertilizing daisies....

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:43 PM
link   

hopenotfeariswhatweneed
reply to post by eliuk

so you are dissapointed there is no bloodshed? here is an idea maybe you can arm yourself and go and fight the russians if that makes you happy

No, i said nowhere that i wanted them to open fire

I said Ukraine have not stood up for themselves, and havent so much as fired even a warning shot or anything, they have done nothing and put up next to ZERO resistance..

resistance does not mean running around throwing grenades, it means standing firm..

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

You're absolutely correct. Ukraine is wanting the rest of the world to do their dirty work, while they sit back and play victim. They have become the 21st century France. A bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys.

Unfortunately, if they don't step up soon, Pootin will gladly Hitlerfy them.

S&f

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

eliuk

Sremmos80
reply to post by eliuk

You can lose the battle without losing the war
Gotta know when to hold them and when to fold them

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Here is my question.

Why does there have to be combat?

Haven't you ever heard of being the bigger person?

Not that I think that's what the Ukraine is doing here, they are only trying to save the lives of the military men. Why should the country sacrifice all of those lives just to make a point. They tried to do it using words, and Putin is to big of a bully to use logic. The US is doing everything in its power, besides starting a conflict (Possibly the end all war), to help them.

So tell me this. Are you trying to die?

I for one am glad the Ukraine is taking the high ground. It means wayyyyyy less people dead.

edit on 22-3-2014 by andr3w68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Come on mate there is no way Ukraine is going to get into a punch up with the biggest country on Earth if it's avoidable. It would be suicide. Putin is possibly looking for a reason now to take out Eastern Ukraine, if shots are fired at the Russians there or in Crimea then it's all go for the Russian military.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
"By way of deception ' thou shalt do war"

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:50 PM
link   

maybe in cheesy movies.
i'd rather live, and i dont care if people think i'm a coward.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Have they even fired a shot yet? i doubt it.

ETA: From OP... Sounds like you really want them to open fire

No, i said nowhere that i wanted them to open fire

Then what does the military have to do with this then?
Sounds like you wanted them to open fire, you wanted them to go to war with russia right?
How do you do that without opening fire?

Sounds like you are not sure what you want, are you mad the situation is over and it came to end in one of the most peaceful options that doesn't have the chance of sparking ww3?
edit on ndSat, 22 Mar 2014 15:56:27 -0500America/Chicago320142780 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yep. Kinda my point. But it ain't over.

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
America, european/nato and russia wrestling over there and i would image the situation goes further than just moment ago whole thing strirr up in the media, big guns pointing who knows where right now and russia kind of shows that its ready to fight those who gets in the way while others took step back, also the fact that Ukraine army doesnt fight over crimea gives some tells.. Its interesting developemnt from moment ago in syria, how russia was apply to protect them over the same opposite than now they wrestle in ukraine right?

posted on Mar, 22 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by eliuk

Please use your already ongoing thread thank you.

Ukraine needs to GROW A SET, AND FIGHT RUSSIA - reclaim Crimea!

Thread Closed.

Sauron
Super-Moderator

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join