It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objects found in Malaysia Airlines search

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Cydonia2012

How does that even begin to make sense? A fire needs oxygen to burn. So they decompressed, which deprived the cabin of oxygen, and knocked out/killed everyone, but there was so much oxygen the fire turned into a raging inferno.

So which is it? There was no oxygen, or there was enough that the fire erupted into a raging blaze?
edit on 3/20/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by thetruth2014

The altitude changes are consistent with fighting a fire on board. Overflying the airport was because there was no longer a crew to land.

By all means, explain why a computer can't operate 8 hours without human intervention.

How is flying 5000 feet consistent with a fire on board ? If there was no crew who programmed the waypoints in change of course and turned transponder into stand by mode. If it was such a serious fire on board it wouldn't even fly 4 hrs letalone double that if truly the debris speculated on is in fact from flight 370. Its also a fly by wire plane therefore manual turns would still have to be made even with the "computer auto pilot" on.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Cydonia2012

If it was on fire and the cabin was deprived of oxygen and everyone passed out then the fire would have gone out of control to compromise the structure of the airplane and it would have crashed mush sooner than where they're looking.

If the pilots were able to get the fire put out then they would have never flown so far south. Unless the damage to the cabin was so great that they had no way to communicate or change course and they were simply helpless and dead in the sky.

But they know that it DID carry on flying for several hours, because of the satellite pings. So, if you have been following this story at all, you will know that they have been looking along two arcs, representing the possible positions triangulated from the satellite: one going north through China towards Kazakhstan, and one south, through the ocean west of Australia.

The latest debris reports are pretty well in line with the southern arc, if you look at the map I posted. If you know the plane was somewhere on that arc and headed south then you would be looking in that general area. And so, eventually, they have got this lead.

The sun should be rising in that area soon so hopefully tomorrow will bring some more news.

edit on 20-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Zaphod58

How does that even begin to make sense? A fire needs oxygen to burn. So they decompressed, which deprived the cabin of oxygen, and knocked out/killed everyone, but there was so much oxygen the fire turned into a raging inferno.

So which is it? There was no oxygen, or there was enough that the fire erupted into a raging blaze?
edit on 3/20/2014 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

you make a great point. No oxygen = no fire = ppl passed out. In that case I guess it could have flown that far. But pilots have pressurized oxygen masks, if the fire didn't develop because of the lack of oxygen, wouldn't the pilots be alive using their masks to land the plane or at least try to make contact with someone?

If this was the case that the plane flew on until it ran out of gas. How would it act when the gas ran out? Would it simply nosedive down? or would it keep gliding and gradually descend? IF it kept gliding then it would have gone even further wouldn't it have? I remember years back an Air Canada airbus flew for hours after having lost power and the pilot was able to land it in Portugal I believe.
edit on 20-3-2014 by Cydonia2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Zaphod58

They programmed an airport that took them towards a 13000 foot runway that was the nearest with no terrain to have to avoid then went to fight the fire. They used a different airport that was programmed instead of taking the time to program where they were aiming for.

If the plane was on fire there were plenty of airports in near by vicinity to land on then trekking out to the middle of nowhere in the open ocean. Hence your theory doesn't make any sense. Also if at 5000 feet more oxygen would be induced hence disproves your ascent of 45000 feet to put out said fire.
edit on 20-3-2014 by thetruth2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If this was the case that the plane flew on until it ran out of gas. How would it act when the gas ran out? Would it simply nosedive down? or would it keep gliding and gradually descend? IF it kept gliding then it would have gone even further wouldn't it have? I remember years back an Air Canada airbus flew for hours after having lost power and the pilot was able to land it in Portugal I believe.

I'm not a pilot, but I would imagine that a skilled pilot could get better glide range out of a plane than an autopilot. I don't know how it would react when fuel ran out and the engines stopped. The plane wouldn't drop like a stone, certainly.

Again, if you look at the map, the crash site (if it proves to be that) is beyond the putative 7-hour flight range, so it could well have glided for some distance.

I don't know why everyone is talking about fire, though. I doubt a plane could fly for 7 hours after suffering a fire that killed/incapacitated everyone on board. Something else could have done that. My own pet theory is an attempted hijacker with poison gas, and his own gas mask malfunctioned so he copped it too, but that's just me throwing a silly idea out there

Or of course, if you've ever read The Langoliers by Stephen King...

edit on 20-3-2014 by Rob48 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

And you have absolute 100% proof that it was MH370 right?

Where did you learn about autopilot? Whetever it was you need to get your money back because they have no clue. Any plane can fly by autopilot and not require a bit of manual input. That's the entire point of it. Fly by wire is even easier because there are no cables to move.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Rob48

Air Transat Flight 236

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Where did you learn about autopilot? Whetever it was you need to get your money back because they have no clue. Any plane can fly by autopilot and not require a bit of manual input. That's the entire point of it. Fly by wire is even easier because there are no cables to move.

But everyone is incapicatated and it continues to fly for 8 hrs correct ? Someone had to program the said waypoints...and numerous ppl have said including your own ntsb that it would not be plausible to fly such a long range with a fire onboard...more evidence with the sat pings and military radar blips than any evidence showing any type of fire. Actually it points all against that dispelled theory.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

Yes, I've read about that. So they only made it for about 20 minutes on zero engines. I can't see an autopilot beating that, to be honest.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

There were almost 400 aircraft delivered with a cockpit wiring problem that could allow a fire to start in the cockpit oxygen system. The generator has a limited time to it, so it would only burn a few minutes before running out of oxygen, but it would deprive the crew of their oxygen, and almost ensure they died fairly quickly.

The autopilot would try to hold altitude when the plane flamed out. It would eventually stall, and with no one to receover it would tumble out of control, possibly breaking up on the way down.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Zaphod58

And the entire point of it is cruise control at steady 35 000 foot altitude...maybe it landed by itself as well...may as well have no one in the cockpit pilotless right ? Yes there are manual inputs even on "auto pilot"

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

The waypoints would already be prgrammed when they selected the airport to fly to.

They would have crashed quickly with an active fire yes. If the fire went out due to crew actions before they were overcome it's a different story.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Autopilot is so far ahead of just holding altitude it isn't even funny. They had rudimentary autopilot in WWII that was just altitude hold. It damn near can land itself with some help.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   

gps777

Gemwolf
To me it looks like just another reflection like that from the surrounding area...

Personally I'm hoping that it's not wreckage and that the passengers are still alive somewhere...

Seems like a waste of man hours and aviation fuel to go out and look at that, is that all their going by Gemwolf?

Anyway ,agreed, if not at least there`s a chance they are alive.

Even if it's not a piece of the plane, they'll know what not to look for the next time round.
If the plane belly slapped into the water, we'd expect to find a bit of tail and some wings, passenger belongings and an oil slick.
That shape looks like something 6x6 metres square, perhaps the end of a cargo container. In that case, they can salvage it and help clean up the ocean a bit.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Zaphod58

There were almost 400 aircraft delivered with a cockpit wiring problem that could allow a fire to start in the cockpit oxygen system. The generator has a limited time to it, so it would only burn a few minutes before running out of oxygen, but it would deprive the crew of their oxygen, and almost ensure they died fairly quickly.

The autopilot would try to hold altitude when the plane flamed out. It would eventually stall, and with no one to receover it would tumble out of control, possibly breaking up on the way down.

agreed, ok lets say that this is what happened. Then would it have flown as far as the new derbies were found? I just find that hard to believe that in such a scenario it would have flown that far before stalling/breaking apart because of possible fire damage.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You guys sure have vivid imagination, I'll give you that ...

First of all, the so called pings are just empty rings that nobody knows where comes from and are guessing it might be from the plane, assuming that it got invisible on radar.

The pings are too far from each and too sporadic, to be anything but a wild guess ... at best.

But one thing you can say for absolute certainly, planes don't disappear from radar ... no matter whose trying to sell you that story, it just ain't true. People will tell you that there are "corridors" and "altitudes" and yeah ... there are corridors at sea, but not around Malaysia. And yeah, there are altitudes but not at sea. Radar is diverted up on land, to bypass trees, houses and mountains and only see what is up. At sea, there are no houses and mountains, and you need to keep track of ships too ... so, you have a radar that also tracks the sea line and above.

And in a crowded military zone, like Malazyia, Vietnam, Philippeans and China ... where you got the allies, the arabs, the indus and the Chinese all paranoid about each other ...

There just ain't no way in HELL, that nobody's looking ... they're looking 24/7 ... and they'd be looking 25/8 if they had the opportunity.

So if that wreckage is off this plane, that's sure is one big mystery ... one for the twilight zone.

Maybe we should call in Tom Cruise ... it's time for another episode of MI.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   
It's good to see that I'm not the only person on ATS that thinks this debris was more than likely planted.
I still maintane that this plane never crashed. Was never hijacked. I am still having a hard time believing it even existed at all.

But, I suppose time will tell......

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   

It would most likely would have come down before there.

posted on Mar, 20 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

Radar is radar. It suffers the same limitations no mater who it belongs to.

The plane disappeared from ATC radar, which relies on transponders. It was picked up on primary radar, but even primary radar has limitations.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join